Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+15
MikaRaymond
Piers Structures
f.gek
Francesco Meola
Oliver Kreuer
Fabio Grippa
giancarlo graziano
Lorenzo Scotti
Antonio Lallo
Clive Melbourne
M Carey
M Waechter
mario gilles
davide zardin
Andrea Lojelo
19 posters

15 Sept 2011: Monza

Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

2011 - 15 Sept 2011: Monza - Page 3 Empty Re: 15 Sept 2011: Monza

Post by Maarten Steverink Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Well i had a pretty good qualy, my pb of a 1:26,0. Although i could have been faster, as my pc had some trouble with chicane 2 all of a sudden, even with the lower texture fix. Anyway, i was quite happy with my lap, and was 4th on the grid. My start was ok, and i was trying to keep my distance in lap 1. In the 2nd chicane my screen stopped moving, and when it did again, it turned out i had spun without breaking the car.

I got on my way again.
    M Waechter wrote:

I had contact with Maarten as he was trying
    to overtake me in the ascari combination, (that was a little bit hard I
    think -overtaking in the middle at such difficult
    corners, Maarten.., but hat's racing, next time we do better...)

Mr. Waechter :-) Sorry if that seemed a little dangerous, but from my point of view i wasn't trying to overtake you in Ascari! I was trying to stay close, to get you on the exit of Ascari. From my replay you can see that i was beside you on the straight after Ascari, and it seems you spun on the kerb, and hit me! Doesn't look like a dangerous move to me, but whatever, you're right, next time we'll do better! Very Happy

When i got on my way later, i was on the outside of Zardin in the Parabolica, and I was hit again. I was counting on him to be on the inside of the Parabolica (seems like a fair assumption), but he didn't. Typical race incident, and it seems like he didn't notice he had hit me, so it was probably a lag problem.

After that i didn't feel like driving 3 laps down to everyone, so i quit.

Better luck next time then eh..

Maarten
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:21 pm

You should finish the race to take some points, even if you finish last, Marteen...you know, even 8 points can be the difference to win a champ!!
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Kunos just released a fix:
    - Added transmission redundant check to avoid "turbo" speed to be obtained

Please try to run some tests, so we can give him a feedback.
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Fabio Grippa wrote:You should finish the race to take some points, even if you finish last, Marteen...you know, even 8 points can be the difference to win a champ!!

Very true Fabio :-) And in real life i would have stayed out. Or if i could earn a few million euro's with it, but i race for fun! And at that point i wasnt having anymore fun. Especially because i couldnt take the 2nd chicane without stuttering anymore.

Anyway, better luck next time :-)

M.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:35 pm

Maarten Steverink wrote:Well i had a pretty good qualy, my pb of a 1:26,0. Although i could have been faster, as my pc had some trouble with chicane 2 all of a sudden, even with the lower texture fix. Anyway, i was quite happy with my lap, and was 4th on the grid. My start was ok, and i was trying to keep my distance in lap 1. In the 2nd chicane my screen stopped moving, and when it did again, it turned out i had spun without breaking the car.

I got on my way again.
    M Waechter wrote:

I had contact with Maarten as he was trying
    to overtake me in the ascari combination, (that was a little bit hard I
    think -overtaking in the middle at such difficult
    corners, Maarten.., but hat's racing, next time we do better...)

Mr. Waechter :-) Sorry if that seemed a little dangerous, but from my point of view i wasn't trying to overtake you in Ascari! I was trying to stay close, to get you on the exit of Ascari. From my replay you can see that i was beside you on the straight after Ascari, and it seems you spun on the kerb, and hit me! Doesn't look like a dangerous move to me, but whatever, you're right, next time we'll do better! Very Happy
    Maarten

No you're a little worng, did not know this also before.., but when you watch my replay (!), you will see that you hit me in the ascari at the left rear side and just because of this I lost control and spun, then while spinning I hit you.
    I lost control because you touched me before.. , not because of a mistake.

That is I must repeat Wink a little bit too agressive, because everyone has different speed and line there in this particular corner and differences in speed at each lap, so you can't attack there this early like you did,
    I wasn't even out of the ascari as you drove that close behind, heading to the inner side and even hit me at the left rear wheel, which resulted then in losing car-control.

I think you can't count on Zaradin as well, that he will move away or lift speed to let you pass when you were both side by side (although he knows that you're faster anyway) as long as he is on the inner side at parabolica. If you were at the inner side you were right with your opinion about your incident with Zaradin, but when you're coming from the outside in the corner it's a different situation.. .

Last edited by M Waechter on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:55 pm

a me ieri sera non funzionava bene il pedale dell'acceleratore
    alla partenza mi sono trovato di colpo girato
    non riuscivo a modulare il gas, poi parlando con fulvio ho scoperto che si tratta di un bug vecchio

I was not working well last night the accelerator
    at the start I was suddenly turned
    I was unable to modulate the throttle, then I found that talking to fulvio is an old bug
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:10 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:Kunos just released a fix:
    - Added transmission redundant check to avoid "turbo" speed to be obtained

Please try to run some tests, so we can give him a feedback.

Never heard about that, can someone explain in detail what 'bug' that was ?, how it was possilbe to get a 'turbo' or anything like that ?

@Mika: Regarding my replay to my ears it sounds like Gek had a strange kind of 'turbo bug', 'cause his car is at the limiter of the last gear very early on the straights eg. in lap 28,29,30, . That's probably
    the reason for such fast laps he drove here and there, -one time (lap 33 or s.th.) he is closing up to you on the straight to ascari in a strangely quick way, he definately must have had a turbo or kers on board Smile ...in the very last laps his engine sounds normal in my replay again. Maybe he can explain more precise what (kind of bug) this was.
    f.gek
    ---
    ---

Post by f.gek Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Waetcher .. read previous posts I already explained everything. the turbo bug have also had other riders and all those who in different ways with both increased power and those with reduced power.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Ah, I missed to read the last comment from you (but I can't read Italian language you must realise..), Clive and Fabio about this bug Smile .
    Seems Mika had not read too all the comments or understand what bug you all were talking about -not an Italain language reader as well + we are no visioneers Wink-, otherwise he would have still known,
    while writing his post, why there were such fast laps from you from time to time, that's why I was writing to him about this, after I noticed this bug on my own when watching you in the replay.
    f.gek
    ---
    ---

Post by f.gek Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:43 pm

Mika I informed of the problem at the end of the race and was obviously aware of everything.

Also you can use google translator
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:38 pm

I meant just regarding/referring to his posting he seemed not aware of that an issue. -lol, Gek.. I'm of course not using google translator for every single italian post written here in forum (as long I do not know that it
    could be s.th. very important), are you joking Very Happy ?
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:06 pm

You miss out on all the fun then:
    Google translate wrote:...in order to change the coefficient of penetration (but not the load, as I have not found any difficulty 'in additional guidance on the initial condition, although in effect the discharge of my setup...

Sometimes GT just confuses me though:
    "però se era successa già con la 1.3 beta a monza e voi avete corso un campionato intero senza che accada probabilmente deve essere legato alla pista"

Came out as:
    "But if it had happened already with the 1.3 beta in london and you have a whole without a championship course that will probably happen to be tied to the track"

London? Where the hell did it get that from Razz
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:07 am

hehe lol Smile , it probably means that when you are a F1-wannabe, (and) without possibility of driving in a real championship, you'll be forced to stay a simracer-nerd, -'cause it's your only chance left-, so you'll be always staying nerdly 'tied to the track' Smile .
    that's the only sence I can get of that sentence Smile. Wink
    Andrea Lanzino
    Andrea Lanzino
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrea Lanzino Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:05 am

my qual lap and extract from my race day see u

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 pm