Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+7
Pobb R Tippet
M Carey
Marco Calesella
Chris Kehagias
MikaRaymond
Rudy van Buren
Andrea Lojelo
11 posters

6 Oct 2011: Snetterton

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

6 Oct 2011: Snetterton - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Oct 2011: Snetterton

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Guys please make sure you are allocated for tonight race.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:42 pm

6 Oct 2011: Snetterton - Page 2 26

Cloudy and windy...but no rain!

Sunny race tonight (0% rain)
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:42 pm

Results are up
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:15 am

replay group A..
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vwnvwqm0g0vqynv
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:30 am

replay of group A

nice event (as expected), but the first 10 laps race went out not very fine, there were in total three drivers attacking me in the fast right-hander in the last sector in the very first lap, though I made no mistake they
    did some harsh attacks, which surprised me a little bit.. . I let one through, but suddendly another car was close there in the inner side and we touched, which resulted in him loosing control on the grass towards
    the chicane and hitting car(s), resulted in a few damaged cars there and after the necessary pit-stop to repair, we were of course too far away from the others in front to close the gap to the grid in 9 laps.
    guys.., there is mainly not really room to overtake at that corner.., because you/ I have to stay on your/ my own racing-line quite all the time to not get off-track at the end of that turn, -the last of the three
    mentioned cars was quite shooting into my right side with full speed at the apex of this corner, which resulted in that crash.

the second race was a really, really fine -exciting- one, though I got sometimes unexpected attacks in situations when slowing down a bit to stay away from several slower cars in front of me -at some parts of
    the track. hard but still fair racing, though I had to step back more times than other's did I think.. to avoid crashes.
    I was on 6th / 7th position many laps at the end of the race, until C Kehagias made a little mistake in the last lap at the first chicane (the fast one after the long straight), ' thinking I could gain an advantage of
    his 'mistake', but I somehow made the same mistake and got off-track there -lost 20 sec. and one or two pos. just in the very last lap Neutral - . With less ride-high the rear bottom sets on the ground there easily when
    on the curb and slides even on the gravel too, which makes it difficult to get out of the gravel with always stalling engine+clutch and all that stuff that happens when your're nervous and too much on the throttle
    (3x spinning on gravel).
    Rudy van Buren
    Rudy van Buren
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Rudy van Buren Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:09 am

cant make more of it then that i screwed it up myself, not enough practice to get a decent setup in but the quali went alright with p2. After a nice fight in race 1 i managed to get the profit of a mistake from p1 and get the win in the last lap.

For the main race it was looking fine, until i hit a curb, car bottems out and i spun, at that point i could still continue, but a few laps later it happend out of t1 and i spun across the track into the barrier on the inside of the track so that was the race..

Cu next week in ks2
    Pobb R Tippet
    Pobb R Tippet
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Pobb R Tippet Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Ah it was a good race all in all, a great first experience of racing in a league again for me after such a long time! I think I got lucky in the second race because of your accident though Rudy.

I put up my thoughts and my setup on my webpage http://verminracing.weebly.com/ . Looking forward to the next one Smile

Did anyone get a replay of the B event?

Tip
    Chris Kehagias
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Chris Kehagias Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:08 pm

Really nice combo, I thought that I was well prepared for that race even thought I didn't had a very quick qual setup.
    Firsts race was clean and good, lost few places at the beginning but manage to recover. Most of the race I was trying to get Gilles which had lower wings than I did and couldn't find the right way to pool it through.
    Second race was really bad for me. Lost 2-3 places at the start (again Evil or Very Mad ). I caught Gilles again in the first three corners and at the big right turn just before the last 'S' I made the move and pass him from the inside. ( more grip from downforce I guess or cold tires for Gilles, I don't know.) Braking fine for the last corners and got close to Lojelo ( sorry mate ) and boom!!!! From what I saw Andrea was near me and we didn't touch, but suddenly his car was pooled at me and passed through mine entirely. I suppose that this was something that created from lag, I don't know. So we where both screwed, went to pit and start last with 40 sec at least from all the others. I manage to gain some places because of other drivers incidents but that was not what I had in mind for this race.
    I wanted to ask if the problem with the servers is not solved for the next race, ( reversed positioning) can we just start the race with the positions of the small race? I think it would be easier for all like that and probably have more clean and pure races. Correct me if I'm wrong Smile
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Don't worry Chris. Things like that can happen.

About the problem with the server not going to the next session, I'll try to do a short summary for Kunos describing what is happening. I guess this is a quite busy period for him though!
    Next ARS race is in 2 weeks, so we will definitely have time to think to an alternative, in case.
    It's just a matter trying out some server configurations and see how the software behaves.
    Simon Bevcic-batina
    Simon Bevcic-batina
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Simon Bevcic-batina Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:37 am