Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+59
Pomass
Salvatore Liotti
Roberto Zanerini
Jon Denton
Steffen Sorensen
Ulus Ulusalonur
vilivili
Wally Masterson
Pavel Horak
Varazdat Markosyn
Max Caputi
Matt Dawson
igor barmashoff
Roberto Olivetti
Gigi_Monticelli
Stefan Mizzi
RobertoFaggioni
Jorge Alves
henrizio
Fabio Grippa
akbar_sal
Riccardo Azzoli
Antonio Lallo
laurent resende
Vincenzo Vanore
Jean Racon
Luca Mosca
Leonardo Ratafia
Marco Ercoles
andi goodwin
Jim Michels
Gianluca Bonifacio
Simon Bevcic-batina
M Waechter
Francesco Lerose
giancarlo graziano
f.gek
Luca "SkyGT" Naldi
Raúl Expósito
MarcoLM
Pobb R Tippet
Sergio Marques
Olivier Boissel
Lars Scheving
Marco Calesella
Attilio Barba
MikaRaymond
MaiDireCamber
René Lorig
Luca Seghieri
Paul O'Brien
davide zardin
Kristijan Jalovec Perusko
Jamie Shorting
alexcand
M Carey
Clive Melbourne
Vaggelis
Andrea Lojelo
63 posters

RSR Gallardo Valentino Balboni: the first add-on car for netKar PRO

Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

RSR Gallardo Valentino Balboni: the first add-on car for netKar PRO - Page 12 Empty Re: RSR Gallardo Valentino Balboni: the first add-on car for netKar PRO

Post by Clive Melbourne Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi, is yaap going to add the Gvb to the Rank?!
    Luca Seghieri
    Luca Seghieri
    Driver
    Driver

RSR Gallardo Valentino Balboni: the first add-on car for netKar PRO - Page 12 Empty Re: RSR Gallardo Valentino Balboni: the first add-on car for netKar PRO

Post by Luca Seghieri Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:33 pm

Grazie Roberto per l'ottima dritta, merita di provare.Sopratutto il sound delle auto avversarie e'molto esaltante.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Clive Melbourne wrote:Hi, is yaap going to add the Gvb to the Rank?!
    I already asked for it. I think he will do as soon as he can.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:52 pm

RSR Gallardo Valentino Balboni: the first add-on car for netKar PRO - Page 12 IStock_000004458086Small

Over 1000 downloads in 48 hours! thanks a lot guys. ::thumpsup::
    Max Caputi
    Max Caputi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Max Caputi Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:11 am

RobertoFaggioni wrote:ecco qui la cartella sfx dopo aver messo in mono i sound stereo e invertito i sound int/ext.
    Ho testato questo file con voi nel server di A1ring e a me piacciono molto, ma veramente.
    Dopo qualche giro mi esalto RSR Gallardo Valentino Balboni: the first add-on car for netKar PRO - Page 12 964932
    Per chi volesse provare fatevi prima una copia della cartella SFX che trovate dentro *:\nkpro13\cars\Gvb\ e poi copiate questa
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/wsys2bhacicahk3/sfx_mod.rar
    Non ho assolutamente modificato niente dei grandi sound di Attilio che ritengo bellissimi e massimo rispetto per il grande lavoro svolto dal Team
    Puro divertimento a tutti lol!
    Roby

Proverò sicuramente, anche perchè in questi c'è qualcosa che dà un po' fastidio. In particolare nella visione dei replay ( e quindi eventuali video)si sente un suono periodico in sottofondo un po' fastidioso. Roby hai per caso controllato se dopo la modifica il suono dei replay è migliore ?
    RobertoFaggioni
    RobertoFaggioni
    Driver
    Driver

Post by RobertoFaggioni Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:34 pm

no, il replay non ho provato, ma provero oggi pomeriggio Very Happy
    il suono in "loop"che si sente nel replay solo dalla visuale interna "virtuale" e' lo "start" engine.
    Anche nel suono della 500 abarth che ho provato a modificare, nel replay visto dall'interno, crea il solito problema anche a me, suono dello start in loop continuo.
    Bohjavascript:emoticonp('scratch')
    henrizio
    Driver
    Driver

Post by henrizio Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:06 pm

It was big surprise to see this car already released. Maybe time to make press release for virtualr. I think that is the media most of the simracers follow. Although it's nowdays like pcars news.

My first impressions of the GVB:

Rear is easily very loose in mid corner. When you go over the limit and car starts to slide it feels like on ice. Grip is not coming back as you would expect.

Acceleration and braking grip is completely opposite. Especially in acceleration there should be less grip. You can floor it with 2nd gear and there is hardly any wheel spin.

I heard in server that there is some fix for rattling and popping sounds (not found yet). Engine sounds are in the poor side. They are too much compressed or something.

Overall my feelings are still on the positive side. drive
    Jamie Shorting
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jamie Shorting Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:06 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:RSR Gallardo Valentino Balboni: the first add-on car for netKar PRO - Page 12 IStock_000004458086Small

Over 1000 downloads in 48 hours! thanks a lot guys. ::thumpsup::

Thank you!
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:48 am

henrizio wrote:Engine sounds are in the poor side. They are too much compressed or something.

I like the engine sounds, some time ago I read in this forum that there are included some natural sounds (chainsaw + braking wood).
    I like that idea, it makes the sound more alive. Especially the sound of the other cars you hear out of your cockpit when racing sounds really great I think
    (very live and natural).

--

Sry btw. for one crash after the start at tonights first A1 racing tests (sometime at 0h+ o'clock) as someone crashed high speed into my car at the braking-zone to t1 and I wrote(answered) "brake..". A minute later I recocnized, that it was also my fault, I braked too early -at the same amount of meters as normal, but after starting there is less speed, so I could have braked 25m+ later also at this particuilar start.., that was that I wanted to mention, just if someone might have felt 'obsessed' after that little incident.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:17 am

henrizio wrote:. Especially in acceleration there should be less grip. You can floor it with 2nd gear and there is hardly any wheel spin.
    I fully agree with you. This is one of the majour thing we are not happy about. Even in our beta tests, Maarten told us the car had too much traction. If you apply full throttle in real life with this car you should have a huge wheel spin. Unfortunately this isn't possible to implement it in nk, as I explained few pages back. It's a pity. This was one of the majour problems we found.
    Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    there is no possibility to have distinction from lateral and longitudinal grip (or at least we haven't found a way to change it). This is one of the majour issue we had in our development, since despite we wanted to have a lower grip to have less traction, we couldn't lower the grip too much otherwise we would have a car that can't stay on the road.
    At the end, due to this limitations we had to choose a right compromise.

About the sounds, there is a quite annoying sound that you will hear especially on the grid, when anyone else is full throttle.
    henrizio wrote:
    I heard in server that there is some fix for rattling and popping sounds (not found yet).

You can disable the backfire samples.
    open cars\Gvb\sfx\engine.nke in a text editor and put SAMPLES=38 instead of 44.

[HEADER]
    SAMPLES=38
    Wally Masterson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Wally Masterson Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Thanks RSR for this car. It's a lot of fun, and quite faithful to those two videos posted earlier in this thread. I do find the sounds a little muffled, but I can tell myself that that's what it sounds like with a helmet on Smile
    andi goodwin
    Driver
    Driver

Post by andi goodwin Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:33 pm

hi guys , thanks for this its nice to have another car available ... now the big question will you be releasing a how to and any tools needed so that more cars will be made availible ? (i would love to see the V8 aussie cars (there are only two) series made available)
    heres hoping
    Andi
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi Andi, I'll reply to you in the same way I did to someone else that asked me the very same question in PM:
    We will not publish our tool, because it's a experimental tool, that you can't just use like that. You would continuously need to double check what you do to have proper results. Unfortunatley it's too complex to explain to someone else how it works, and you even need re-program to do other tasks or to do some tasks in a different way. It's always a continue wip. evolving day by day.

Nothing comes easily. Even simply on the 3d only,creating frames to move tyres, wheel, moving the whipers, hands of the drivers... are all things that you need to program.
    and you can't even imagine about the physics. It took me 6 months to get the hang of it.

So, I'm afraid you guys will have to wait for AC. there there will be an editor and guides. I'll do my best at that time to share my experiences and creating guides just as we did for the KOF.

I hope you understand my point. I would do it if was something easy, but it's not at all and it will take too much of my time, that I currently don't have much between work, family and championships, and some other stuff we do in the team.

Sorry for that.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:22 pm

Saying that, there is a lot of preparation work you can do:
    you can start modeling your 3d, and looking for parameters for your car, and deeply understanding the physics concepts. This is the majour work.
    RobertoFaggioni
    RobertoFaggioni
    Driver
    Driver

Post by RobertoFaggioni Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:29 pm

incomincio a prenderci gusto e mano
    vilivili
    Driver
    Driver

Post by vilivili Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks for this great addon!

has anyone commented on downforce? feels like weight distribution moves forward at higher speeds.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:21 pm

@Roberto: What kind of shifting method do you use in your first video ? It looks quite fast how the gears being shifted, it looks faster than with 'simple gear'. I saw this method by quite a lot people now, but still wondering how to set up the shifting this way. You aren't lifting the gas manually, its automatically lifted I guess or am I wrong ?

edit: As I watched it again, now I see it varies.., so you really seem to lift throttle manually per pedes Smile, huge respect Shocked to all the drivers who can do this all the time without any errors at such a quick gearchange.., for me this would be to much work especially over much laps (' also not healthy for the pedal mechanics). I saw also Batina doing this in perfection in his videos. I use the H-shifter (which is even more quick at gear-change) and to be honest I've assigned most of the gears to the four buttons at my wheel, because most of the switches at my shifter mechanics are broken. So I have always both hands at the wheel, that's probably one reason why I am quite quick with that car -I just don't have to cope with the H-shifter while controlling the wheel at the same time Wink.

Last edited by M Waechter on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ulus Ulusalonur
    Ulus Ulusalonur
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ulus Ulusalonur Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:14 pm

vilivili wrote:Thanks for this great addon!

has anyone commented on downforce? feels like weight distribution moves forward at higher speeds.

Hi, thanks for you comment, vilivili. [url]Can you please change your username in name surname?[/url]
    Aerodynamic measures are coming straight from some wind tunnel test data.
    Unless I've misinterpreted something, should be all right.
    After doing some math and setting the parameters in nk, I checked the telemetry and I got in nk the values compatible with the real measurements.
    Here some measurements of the approximate weight distribution at different speed (maintaining a constant speed, to avoid altering the measurements)

100 km/h 43% front
    200 km/h 41.5% front
    300 km/h 39% front
    under heavy braking 65% front

RSR Gallardo Valentino Balboni: the first add-on car for netKar PRO - Page 12 Aero
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:58 pm

RSR Gallardo Valentino Balboni: the first add-on car for netKar PRO - Page 12 2000

2000 downloads and counting...

Thanks a lot from the Radiator Springs Racing Team
    RobertoFaggioni
    RobertoFaggioni
    Driver
    Driver

Post by RobertoFaggioni Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:41 pm

M Waechter wrote:@Roberto: What kind of shifting method do you use in your first video ? It looks quite fast how the gears being shifted, it looks faster than with 'simple gear'. I saw this method by quite a lot people now, but still wondering how to set up the shifting this way. You aren't lifting the gas manually, its automatically lifted I guess or am I wrong ?

edit: As I watched it again, now I see it varies.., so you really seem to lift throttle manually per pedes Smile, huge respect Shocked to all the drivers who can do this all the time without any errors at such a quick gearchange.., for me this would be to much work especially over much laps (' also not healthy for the pedal mechanics). I saw also Batina doing this in perfection in his videos. I use the H-shifter (which is even more quick at gear-change) and to be honest I've assigned most of the gears to the four buttons at my wheel, because most of the switches at my shifter mechanics are broken. So I have always both hands at the wheel, that's probably one reason why I am quite quick with that car -I just don't have to cope with the H-shifter while controlling the wheel at the same time Wink.

hello M Waechter, first excuse my English translation.
    I use g27 900 ° change of H, and auto clutch, simple gear off.
    The hands are always on the wheel, except when changing gear (lol) and I like to use both the clutch (both here and does not wear ... lol).
    I hope that my answers were clear, otherwise ask for help.
    RobertoFaggioni
    RobertoFaggioni
    Driver
    Driver

Post by RobertoFaggioni Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:42 pm

Ulus Ulusalonur wrote:
    a spectacular drive, complimentsjavascript:emoticonp('affraid')
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:34 pm

René Lorig wrote:I just read the first pages and found that RSR and their Gallardo-mod are mentioned on page 6! See yourself: http://www.autosimsport.net/
    Smile
    Thanks for spotting it, René, and thanks, of course to autosimsport for speaking about us.

RSR Gallardo Valentino Balboni: the first add-on car for netKar PRO - Page 12 Autosimsport
    Steffen Sorensen
    Steffen Sorensen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Steffen Sorensen Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Thanks a lot for this car it looks very good Smile
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:53 am

Very Happy nice article ! _ But I think they should try more brake bias to the front, at 63.000%+ the rear isn't much lose anymore (with ABS), it is rather when braking + downshift while (heavy) steering then/when the rear comes (slowly with a right setup), however.. I'm too pedantic at the moment SmileWink.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm