Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+65
Marco Ercoles
Joco Gorenc
Matt Dawson
Thierry Barbeau
Mogens Nielsen
Luca Seghieri
Vitaliano polito
Piers Structures
Mauro Delegà
Max Caputi
Danilo Biggio
Simon Bevcic-batina
Mark Schilling
ale paccosi
Eugenio Sanzone
Martin Slezak
Giorgio Mosca
Antonio Lallo
Gigi_Monticelli
Vincenzo Vanore
alexcand
Paul Doherty
Andre Gravningsmyhr
f.gek
Francesco Lerose
Vincent Buccarello
Luca Orsetti
Lars Scheving
DarrenNKP
Timo Eckert
Kamran Choudhry
Attilio Barba
Clive Melbourne
Jorge Alves
Leonardo Ratafia
Olivier Boissel
X.Clock
Maarten Steverink
Matjaz Ozimic
Jim Michels
giancarlo graziano
Luca Mosca
Fabio Grippa
Roberto Zanerini
Luca "SkyGT" Naldi
facu88
Sergio Marques
igor barmashoff
Jean Racon
laurent resende
Marco Calesella
Gary Munson
Gianluca Bonifacio
Andrea Candini
Raúl Expósito
René Lorig
M Waechter
Jamie Shorting
MikaRaymond
Paul O'Brien
davide zardin
Vaggelis
Pobb R Tippet
M Carey
Andrea Lojelo
69 posters

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 21 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by Vincent Buccarello Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Isn't it the syncronization of the gearbox ?
    You can also upshift without the clutch but you have to find the right RPM what makes it useless because it takes more time
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 21 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by M Waechter Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:54 pm

That's right, (though I don't know exactly why this is called 'syncronisation'). At some certain revs it allows you to shift without clutch, s.th. like that is written in the FAQ also.
    When upshifting it does not make any sence shifting this way (slower as you said and not save that it always works), when just accelerating and upshifting you have your left foot not in use and so free to do this (press the clutch) job. Unless you have to brake+downshift then you get in some trouble with managing your feet (the need to go away from the gas with your right foot to brake, but then having no foot left on the gas, which is the problem..), in that's the situation where I like this possibility of downshifting this way, so you can still stay on the gas quick and save.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:14 pm

Assetto CorsaNew build 0.9.8!
    The latest build, amongst other things, improves some graphics features, guarantees a better compatibility with old control devices and adds 18 official Lotus liveries. More information about the changes of this version are available on the change log.

Here is the official page

RSR download Mirror
    CHANGELOG 0.9.8
    Ingame
    Fixed DirectInput controls not getting initialized on lost focus
    Fixed double bound on Cubemap render target
    Optimizations on motion blur
    Optimizations on cube maps depth buffer
    Fixed camera exposure on F5 view after first start
    Fixed spikes strings to a more readable format
    Reduce steer damper
    Added 100Hz cap to FF sends to avoid problems with some steering wheels
    Fixed steer lock management for wheels with <900 degs rotations
    Fixed division by zero with uncalibrated controls
    Improved car reflections
    Improved light glass reflections
    Improved instruments texture
    Improved exposure value for external views
    Improved exposure value for F5 view
    Improved tarmac texture of Magione Circuit
    Corrected rear brake lights. Only inner lights light up.
    Fixed minor issue on 3D model. Closed hole on front bonnet.
    User Interface
    Corrections on the controls options
    Fixed issues with a wide range of controllers
    Fixed various typo errors
    You can assign any analog function to any axis (i.e. braking on clutch and clutch on the middle pedal)
    Improved screen resolution selection
    You can now lock steering wheel movement in cockpit view
    You can now eliminate the driver arms in cockpit view
    Fixed issue with firewall program that locked AssettoCorsa.exe
    Added skin selection button template in .psd in the skins folder.
    Added skin selection
    Authentic Lotus cars ltd colours available as skin selection

Ardent Red
    Artic Silver
    Aspen White
    Autumn Bronze
    Canyon Red
    Carbon Grey
    Chrome Orange
    Graphite Grey
    Motorsport Green
    Nightfall Blue
    Racing Green
    Racing Green Stripe
    Sienna Brown
    Solar Yellow
    Starlight Black
    Isotope Green
    Laser Blue
    Sound
    wind sample corrected
    Known bug: Slowdowns on some PC configurations are not address yet, please contact us on the support forums for specific tests www.assettocorsa.net/forum
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:44 pm

bounce new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 21 67322
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:15 pm

Cool, will try it out later. I try to find out 'when' this slowdown occurs (after many laps). Maybe it has s.th. to do with the morphing of the daytime: When it gets visible/light-changing happens on screen -after many laps, I start at 14pm..- the slowdown seems to begin in the same moment and each time gets worse a little bit more when a follwing day-light change appears, but I'm not certain about if the reason for that really is located there.

Btw.: What do the 'spikes' stand for ?

Last edited by M Waechter on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total
    Max Caputi
    Max Caputi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Max Caputi Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:17 am

Secondo me la fisica è migliorata. Miglior gestione e controllo del posteriore, che ha comportamenti più realistici e soprattutto con il controsterzo adesso la si recupera in quelle situazioni dove prima non c'era nulla da fare.Derapate più divertenti Razz

I think car's phisycs is changed.I feel new driving sensations. Different feeling about the behavior of the rear of the car, better oversteer control and drifting, countersteering more responsive.

M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:33 am

I noticed no difference in physics, the only thing I rapidly felt is the now less damper setting of my (G25 etc.) steering wheel, this way the steering wheel might feel more responsive, and the better track texture. Steering wheel notification -when you change/switch around the axis in the controls afterwards your first setting up- now does function always in any case.

Where do you find the tab or button to switch the skin, I still don't see any ?
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:09 pm

f.gek wrote:Marco you are absolutely right
    into the app, i dont see ,signal use of the clutch, when go down.
    and it seems quite strange that. in first time i dont see blip sincronization.. but it all right .-)

Hmm, but your're right with your first doubt about that. Rolling Eyes I thought he lets the revs drop to around its half-possible ('medium-revs-point') (bad english), but now as I watched his laps again, his real revs (look at the revs in his speed/gear app) is always quite at maximum and there he should not be able to change any gear without clutch, because gearchange without clutch is only possible when you let drop the revs to medium-revs to get to that certain revs-point the gear plugs in, -as long as you also do a quick push on the gas at this certain revs-point. -So really looks like some kind of cheat/trick. Maybe I have to try again.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Gotta say this feels really good now. The car isn't losing grip anymore in the odd ways it was before. No more uncontrollable spins, or the car spearing off when touching the curb in turn 7 (dunno what the corners called does it have a name)?
    new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 21 Autodromo_di_Magione
    Vitaliano polito
    Vitaliano polito
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vitaliano polito Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Scusate ragazzi ho un problema ho scaricato l ultimo aggiornamento sia dalla vostra pagina che dal sito principale di assetto corsa ma quando vado a cliccare sopra per installarla esce la scritta : setup_actp_098.exe non è un applicazione di win32 valida potete aiutarmi?
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:33 pm

che sistema operativo hai?
    Vitaliano polito
    Vitaliano polito
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vitaliano polito Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:02 pm

risolto era l antivirus che rompeva
    Luca Seghieri
    Luca Seghieri
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca Seghieri Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:11 pm

io ho un gioco più lento che delle altre versioni, fps alti e bassi a fps 50/60 un pò meglio,
    voi avete problemi di questo genere ?
    ho una Ati radeon HD 5700 series
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:46 pm

I've tried the new version and now it's ok, the car behave like it is supposed to do, I'm really really happy...just curious I was the only one on this forum to comply about the car handling and specially to the oversteer....maybe people was so happy to have AC after months of waiting and impressed by the great graphic that forgot to think about car handling :-)
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:18 pm

con la 098 vado piu' lento di prima è cambiato qualcosa nella fisica?
    I go with the 098 more 'slower than before, something has changed in Physics?

that pressure on the tires used?
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:42 pm

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 21 2lizvnm

Kunos Simulazioni are delighted to announce a new milestone for Assetto Corsa’s licenced content: We are pleased to welcome McLaren!

This agreement allows the Kunos development team to enrich Assetto Corsa’s virtual garage with two of the most desirable GT cars: The McLaren MP4-12c and the MP4-12c GT3. We hope this agreement can satisfy both the street car enthusiasts, and the simracing drivers who, with this addition, will get an amazing line-up for their GTR races in Assetto Corsa.

Marco Massarutto, Assetto Corsa's Project&Licensing Manager, commented:

"This addition proves our intention to continue to re-invest our earnings from netKar PRO with officially licensed content, and to bring the most desirable cars to Assetto Corsa. This licensing agreement is for all the motorsports enthusiasts and simracers enjoying the AC Technology Preview demo, and also for all our new followers who decide to support us buying netKar PRO in order to get the AC Technology Preview for free.

This is our way to thank all of you so much for the great response and feedback that gamers and simracers have provided to us from the AC Technology preview, which has exceeded our best expectations."

McLaren models will be provided as future additional contents, after the first release of Assetto Corsa. Stay tuned on Assetto Corsa's channels to check out details on the making of McLaren car models!
    Luca Seghieri
    Luca Seghieri
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca Seghieri Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:47 am

i use 27 in front and 28 rear, but you can do some test also whit 30 for all tires Wink
    i don't know, ihave too red clipper in game
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:53 pm

AC TP v.0.9.9 is out.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Imporved: Don't know if it is just my imagination, but I think the left-right 'scrolling' when in corners looks more fluend, less stuttering now in v0.9.9 that's good.., the raw FPS is the same as before everywhere, just visual the 3D engine 'scrolls' more smooth.
    Also the car seems to react more nicely when turning in into corners, just in regards to the visuals: You now can see/recognize the moment out of the cockpit when the front tires get grip when turning in, that makes the car movement look and feel better, more direct.

Unfortunately I still have that mentioned performance-drop, when driving in the same session -without relaoding it- for 10-15 min. (or after 6-8 laps, s.th. around that).
    Looks like no matter if I start a session with lower graphic settings with avg 150 FPS or with higher settings with avg 110 FPS that the FPS drops after some time on the same kind of low level with just 70-100 FPS in both cases. And it's not only the pure FPS value that drops, also the 3D performance does look more inconstant, stuttering, not fluend when this happenes.
    But I had two sessions without such performance drop so far also, so it does not happen always at any session, but in most of the sessions still.

-The FPS/perfomrance drop does not happen from one moment to another (like I first assumed). It is more like developing from lap to lap.., getting constantly less FPS when time goes on, then it drops even more rapidly to a quite worse (but then being stable and not dropping even more) performance in 'the end'.-
    It may be also just an overheating problem of my graphic card (single fan cooler, not the best of the best cooler), because the card runs more hot than with the heaven-benchmark for exanple.
    When I shut down AC and immediately look at the temperature it still has over 70°C (not really too high though), so maybe in the game it runs closely to 100°C (but I doubt) and begins to throttle itself in a way, which causes the performance drop.

small Update: Now I did a test downclocking my GTX560ti a lot (to 500MHZ, 1900MHZ Ram, 0,950V) to try to keep temperatures more cool and see if it still happens.
    But the result was the same, after around 15+ laps the performance went less from around avg 100FPS to avg 60FPS at the end (getting less and less each lap).
    Temperature reached 70°C still even with that downclocking though.
    -Doesn't matter that much at the moment at all, I'll just wait and see, if this problem will exist in the final version also, if not then fine problem gone.. -and if it will be still there, I'll try/mount an Accelero Twin Turbo II GPU cooler, which does fit on my GTX560ti as well. That cooler will keep the card around 20°C more cool then the (Zotac) standard Single Fan cooler.
    First I'll try some newer nvidia driver and see if it makes a difference (because I'm still using v285.(62), an older one, but I was always happy with its performance compared to most following versions).
    Mogens Nielsen
    Mogens Nielsen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Mogens Nielsen Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Using a small amount of logic reasoning here.
    If you downclock your gcard as described and the temp still goes that high when driving AC(or other games?) then it look VERY much like the issue is your gcard.
    Because if you downclock AN OK(!) gcard to about half rabbit then it should stay cool even if you run the most massive torture game ever created.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:30 pm

I understand what you mean, but I guess the temp is more like generated by the voltage and especially by the amount of usage of the GPU not only by the clocks, 0,950V is still quite 'high' [1,012 V at stock is not that much more] and so it still generates much heat. I would like to drop voltage at such a low-clock-test even more to keep the card really more cool, but 0,950 V is the under-limit, lower voltage values are not accepted in nvidia-inspector :\.
    Since others have the same problem with some frame-drop in the TP, I think my card is working normally.
    But at the moment I guess it might be some kind of combination: demanding DX11 graphic engine and worse functioning (too hot running) graphic cards = the card fails to keep up the normal performance.

But one thought: When it is a temperature problem, why does the TP run at normal FPS again for many laps, when the session is just reloaded in a few seconds and so starting the session with still the same high GPU temp ?
    It should slow down in the very first laps then, if the temp is the reason.., but it is always just like happening after quite many laps, even when you start the session with a hot GPU.
    [I don't know anything about the internals of the card and drivers though..., maybe the card or driver has a kind of 'time counter', which slows down the card to save it only when a certain amont of time -the card is running at hight temp.- has reached.. and the 'time counter' is just resetted when loading a new engine/session.]

That it runs so hot generally may be because of a bad stock cooling system of the card. I read about other temps, where 70°C is normal for a simple cooler. Graphic cards GPUs are built to handle up to 100°C or even more without a problem, though it might die earlier with always at high temps of course.
    It doesn't run so hot in NK Pro, only at more demanding tracks and DX10/DX11 benchmarks, a DX9 benchmark doesn't run the card that kind of hot, because there are more situations in it, where the card can cool down for a few seconds.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:03 pm

attention to boosting the cpu voltage (processor) and GPU (graphics card) to touch first on the initial values ​​systematically increase the CPU temperature for a minimum performance gain when it was the graphics card, very advisable not to touch !! the risk is too great for such a small gain in performance that it brings!

by cons it is strongly recommended for Intel to change the original fan, see the range Noctua for example, this will keep your processor has a temperature up to 10 to 20 degrees centigrade below the temperatures you get with your fan home!! after this is your case and vent that makes the difference!
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:52 pm

When I overclock, I don't exaggerate the voltage too much, don't worry, should be no problem or damage when increasing it from 1,012 V [stock] to 1,062 V at a maximum.
    If it would have a real damage, then I would notice it defunctioning in other games too, but this is not the case.
    [But maybe a few of the (500 series) GPUs Zotac and other 'low-budget' card manufactures got from Nvidia were 'too crap' straight out of the factory with not as good specs as they could reach Wink and its defunctioning only appears on really demanding games with a high, all the time tight GPU usage.
    So far it looks like it is happening just to people, who use Nividias previous GTX 500 series and one guy with a simple GT 440 (according to the AC forum, but only three people posted there in the specific thread about that so far and one of them without posting his sys specs unfortunately), so it would be interesting to know if this is happening to people using AMD cards or other generation cards like the current GTX 600 series as well.]

Just to the second thing: The CPU is at ok temps always [40°C-55°C], I have a replacement cooler (some of those big 'tower coolers') on my CPU, which works quite well, better than a small original factory cooler and fan. The CPU temp. is not the reason for the issue, I tested with less clock and voltage there as well and so more less temps, still had that FPS drop. So it is more like generated by the GPU, driver, 3D enigine or whatever, not the CPU temps.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:14 pm

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 21 Tempux

temp after play game
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:15 pm

You seem to have a water cooling system otherwise your CPU temp could not be even lower than the temperature in your room.
    We can't compare this much, because I have an AMD CPU (Phenom II X4 955, 3,2 GHZ).
    I have an AMD Phenom II CPU, there it is normal that the temps are at 40°C under Windows, search for it !
    My previous Athlon II X3 was at 30°C under Windows, that did not run hot, but the temps for my current Phenom are still normal as well. The limit for Phenom is 62°C like AMD says that temp is the max. and should not last for a long time. I never get there just up to 55°C at max. in games that's still ok. I also undervolt my CPU, which keeps the temp a bit lower, stock is 1,376 V but 1,30 V is enough (tested with Prime stesstest) to be always stable with those Phenoms up to 3,4 GHZ.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:11 pm