Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

2 posters

Question about wait time when hosting a race online

Paul Doherty
    Paul Doherty
    Driver
    Driver

race - Question about wait time when hosting a race online Empty Question about wait time when hosting a race online

Post by Paul Doherty Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:05 pm

How can I reduce the countdown time between races? (Next race starts in 240 seconds etc it's too long) I can't see anywhere in the options when hosting a room to be able to do this. I don't really want to install any additional GUI applications to do this (Checked them out and they confused me) Is there a way around this?
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

race - Question about wait time when hosting a race online Empty Re: Question about wait time when hosting a race online

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi, welcome in our forum. Please change your username in Name Surname.

To administer a server, I suggest you to use this tool. You will be easily able to change any parameter you want through a GUI.
    Paul Doherty
    Paul Doherty
    Driver
    Driver

race - Question about wait time when hosting a race online Empty Re: Question about wait time when hosting a race online

Post by Paul Doherty Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Thanks Andrea. When I setup my user name it said my last name was already taken. I will try that link you sent me but do I need it? Is there not a config file or something I can edit? Thanks for your reply I discovered the game about a month ago (after 5 years of LFS) and think it is fantastic.
    Paul Doherty
    Paul Doherty
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul Doherty Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Have set it up and looks like it works. Waiting for a friend to joing to test. Thanks for your help.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Paul Doherty wrote:Thanks Andrea. When I setup my user name it said my last name was already taken. I will try that link you sent me but do I need it?
    It seems to be that you already found a solution for this.

Paul Doherty wrote: Is there not a config file or something I can edit? T
    yes. you can edit the cfg\nkservercfg.ini file and change the WAITTIME=XX
    Paul Doherty
    Paul Doherty
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul Doherty Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:09 pm

I am getting an error message "unhandled exception has occurred in your application" When I continue the NK Server tool just sits there but the server does not start.

Here are the details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.IOException: The file 'D:\nkpro13\server\configs\servers\Server1\cfg\sv_options.ini' already exists.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
    at nKServerTool.nKServerToolForm.setupDedicatedServer(String serverName, String trackName, Boolean RankServer)
    at nKServerTool.nKServerToolForm.addServerToList(Boolean RankServer, Boolean startServer)
    at nKServerTool.nKServerToolForm.form_startServerButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    nKServerTool
    Assembly Version: 1.0.4278.27216
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///D:/nkpro13/nKServerTool.exe
    msvcm90
    Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.4926
    Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.4926
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_508ed732bcbc0e5a/msvcm90.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:20 pm

my best guess it that you had a server that didn't shut down properly before, therefore you still have a ServerXX folder in the {nk folder}\server\configs\servers.
    Just delete all the folders there inside and start the server again with nkservertools.

In a normal scenario nkservertool remove the ServerXX folder when you shut down the server.
    Paul Doherty
    Paul Doherty
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul Doherty Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:10 pm

Thanks very much I'll try that
    Paul Doherty
    Paul Doherty
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul Doherty Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Removing the old folder seemed to work BUT now I have another issue. I set the wait time to 30 seconds. When I join the race it puts me in the pit, then straight to the grid (with 10 seconds to go). The 10 seconds pass, 1st line of red lights come up, 2nd line comes up - Then it throws me back to the pits again, then back to the grid (but now the green lights are up) When I go to drive it keeps throwing me back to the pits??? Any ideas I mean is this thing buggy or do I need very specific settings in the server tool setting? I have tried many things but nothing seems to work.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Don't worry Paul. That's a normal behaviour. If you are all alone on track, the server won't start, therefore you're put back to the pit.
    It's all set correctly, and will work just fine in case there will be 2 drivers or more on track.
    Paul Doherty
    Paul Doherty
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul Doherty Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:28 am

Thanks It worked perfectly when my racing buddy was on the track - Thanks again for your help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm