Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

3 posters

8 Jun 2009 Laguna Seca Pre-release test

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

8 Jun 2009 Laguna Seca Pre-release test Empty 8 Jun 2009 Laguna Seca Pre-release test

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:55 am

This first race will be a first test for our server, and for the newer Pre-release version of Laguna Seca (Laguna5.rar).
    Results will be published on GPCOS, so please sign in there.
    http://sites.google.com/site/radiatorchampionship/Home/register-user

Note that we will NOT use the Laguna Beta previously release to the public.
    Please contact Gerrit de Vries for the track. Send him a PM.

refer to this post on GPC for more details:
    http://forum.gpchampionship.com/viewtopic.php?t=2103&start=50

tonight race will be in FULL MODE and the server will be with password.
    http://forum.radiators-champ.com/server-password-f10/

Last edited by Andrea Lojelo on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

8 Jun 2009 Laguna Seca Pre-release test Empty Re: 8 Jun 2009 Laguna Seca Pre-release test

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:53 am

Guys watch out on the last corner, because there is a hole.
    It's a nasty place, because it could be easy to do a mistake and get there, so be careful.
    8 Jun 2009 Laguna Seca Pre-release test Lagunabuglastcorner

If you pass there you will be send to the the box directly.

Gerrit found the bug, and fix it already, but then, he had a problem on his computer and lost his work. so the problem will be there tonight.

We will have a newer version for the next official race.
    Remember that this is a test race, so our aim is to have fun, but even debug the track! so...if you find an other hole... be happy!!! Laughing

see you tonight!
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

8 Jun 2009 Laguna Seca Pre-release test Empty Re: 8 Jun 2009 Laguna Seca Pre-release test

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:21 am

Without any doubt this was the worst night I had in netKar PRO, so far.
    The lag/ping on track was simply unbelievable. The funny thing is that both our server and Lastplace server (thanks a lot for your support Tjeerd) hosted several other races without problem.
    Still haven't understood if it was a configuration problem, a problem on the servers or something related to some client. Any idea? your input will be really valuable.
    I created a new topic to try to analize the causes...please compile your part, and add some suggestions eventually.

Our apologies for the problems. Murphy's law, once again was fully confirmed! Not a smooth start for our Championship.
    On the other end, this, as you all know was a test race, so, at least doesn't count too much! We will organize in the next days some more tests (as non official races), on other tracks, trying to understand something. Keep an eye on our news/calendar or here in the forum for updates.

Results are up on GPCOS
    http://sites.google.com/site/radiatorchampionship/Home/official-results

Please note that some of you haven't configured correctly their account (alert sign close to your name in the results). Go to control center\Driver options Maintain user profile and set your nKPro name correcly. Please fix it before next race.

and here is the podium:
    http://sites.google.com/site/radiatorchampionship/Home/news/winners
    Gerrit de Vries
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Gerrit de Vries Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:28 pm

sorry to hear this,i hope it isnt track related Razz
    i didnt show up because something came up,i could pick up my xbox 360 from repairs so i had to go,or wait 3 more days to pick it up again Razz
    Alberto Canzi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Alberto Canzi Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:31 pm

About the track I have to say that Gerrit did a very good job : current version is much better then public beta release and I didn't find any nasty bump nor holes.

On the other side I think that pits are too close each other but there should be enough room to make them more spaced and I suffered the pitboard absence (in fullmode - where there isn't the topbar - and specially on long race it is difficult racing without knowing which is your position and who and where are your direct opponents).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm