Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+2
Luca Orsetti
Giorgio Mosca
6 posters

evotek sym and Assetto corsa

Giorgio Mosca
    Giorgio Mosca
    Driver
    Driver

evotek sym and Assetto corsa Empty evotek sym and Assetto corsa

Post by Giorgio Mosca Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi,
    few days ago me and Luca Orsetti had the possibility to try the Evotek simulator.
    First of all a video with Luca driving it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctaA-jcUDmY

and then my impressions:

- The seat is really well done, confortable and very immersive;
    It's a formula seat and you can obviously adjust the distance of the pedals.
    The brake pedal is with the load cell, and it has no excursion at all; it's already still and i found it a bit strange expecially when you have to touch the brake to adjust your line.
    The first feeling is that the car is quite nervous and doesn't have much grip, but when you start pushing you understand that it has a lot of grip..maybe even too much
    (we saw a guy driving straight trough "prima variante", "seconda variante" and "variante ascari" (!!!!!) without losing any grip at all Shocked )
    The forcefeedback was strange too, the wheel was really hard to turn, but all you could feel was some vibration and some bump; no way to feel the back of the car slipping away for example Neutral
    The worse thing of all, in my personal opinion, was the movement of the sym.
    I was expecting to feel some g-force, i was expecting to feel my body shattered....but i felt nothing!! just some little movement and some bumps.. Shocked
    We did just two sessions of 5 minutes each, but i was expecting something a bit better.
    You can also see at the end of the video the car flipping!!

Anyway laptimes (i know Luca wants me to put them... evotek sym and Assetto corsa 11976 )

First session:
    Me 1,32,xx evotek sym and Assetto corsa 413943
    Luca 1,34,xx evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413

Second session:

Me 1,31,8 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413
    Luca 1,30,6 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 413943

In the end it was fun!!!

Last edited by Giorgio Mosca on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Luca Orsetti
    Luca Orsetti
    Driver
    Driver

evotek sym and Assetto corsa Empty Re: evotek sym and Assetto corsa

Post by Luca Orsetti Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:23 pm

"Il mito"... Esagerato!! Quanto mi fai ridere quando parli all'inizio ahahahahah lol! lol!

I can confirm all that Giorgio said. Strange feel at first session (especially when I flipped Shocked), with very hard brake and steering wheel. In the second session I already feel more at ease, surely with a little more practice we would go much better Cool.

However yeah, that was so fun!! Very Happy
    Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vincent Buccarello Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Ahhhrg I hate you guys evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413
    I have to visit the simulator eeeh you guys in Italy evotek sym and Assetto corsa 78373 Very Happy
    Giorgio Mosca
    Giorgio Mosca
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Giorgio Mosca Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:31 am

Luca Orsetti wrote:"Il mito"... Esagerato!!

Bisogna dare a Orsetti quel che è di Orsetti! ::smilep::

Giorgio Mosca
    Giorgio Mosca
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Giorgio Mosca Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:32 am

Vincent Buccarello wrote:Ahhhrg I hate you guys evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413 evotek sym and Assetto corsa 795413
    I have to visit the simulator eeeh you guys in Italy evotek sym and Assetto corsa 78373 Very Happy

Vincent, if you were with us... that could be great!!!!
    let's see..maybe next time!!!

The Get Out Of The Way Team!!!
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:52 am

Few days back I also tried the Evotek Sym 026 at Museo Ferrari in Maranello.
    I was really curious about it, but I've been I bit disappointed.I basically share the same feeling of Luca and Giorgio.
    First of all, it looks great. Really nicely done. Nice to get inside, pretty natural driving position. Assetto Corsa looks stunning there.
    I obviously have chosen Imola, and I've to say that Mauro have done incredibly well on his version for nkpro. I felt immediately "at home".

I coulnd't say the same for the wheel. Very difficult to keep it straight. It's strong enough, and you have to compensate also the kick that the motion platform is giving.
    Very happy with the pedals. Very strong brake pedal, but easy to modulate.
    The motion platform doesn't help at all and doesn't give you much in terms of immersion. On the contrary it felt pretty fake, unnecessary and even disturbing while driving. Since the screens are fixed while your car is moving while cornering, you don't have a fixed point of view, and it's more difficult to keep a good line.
    One more negative point was the very low FOV. The car looks great from the cockpit, very natural, but it gives you no sense of speed at all. From the cockpit it feels that you are almost not moving in the straight. Looking at the videos from the outside, I don't get the same feeling, but from the cockpit it's just terrible. I didn't like that at all.

Here are some videos... from the first lap, getting used to the F1 horse power and the simulator, to the last ones, in which I got a little bit more used to it Razz

Overall, despite the very bad review, I've been really happy to try it. Nice experience, and even nicer to try Assetto Corsa from a different point of view.

Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:59 am

Back in the forum after few very busy months....very nice videos Andrea, It looks a bit unrealistic the way you have to move the wheel even on the strait to keep the car in the track, but it looks like a great experience...

By the way, a nice video of Nakajima trying the new 2014 Superformula car on a professional simulator...It would be nice one day to test it, sometime the dream became reality....who knows...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILBgfaByQwY

I hope to be back on track to see someone of you after a so long time...
    Gianluca Bonifacio
    Gianluca Bonifacio
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Gianluca Bonifacio Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:30 am

the Ferrari F1 looks like the car most unstable of the world seeing these videos ... Shocked
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:17 am

I don't really think the F1 physics is the problem. I was simply struggling with the motion platform, maybe because I'm not used to it. It's like trying to drive having a friend (Aris [time: 1:50s]) shaking you on every corner.

Gianluca Bonifacio
    Gianluca Bonifacio
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Gianluca Bonifacio Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:51 am

last night i discovered that into the centro commerciale Mirabello (Cantu) there are 2 terminal Evotek .. I have not tried, i do not know how much it costs and don't know when they leave, but if anyone is in the area and want to take a ride with evotek sim there can do it...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:26 pm