Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

2 posters

G25, G27, Versus CSW Belt Drive

Mo Selvarajah
    Driver
    Driver

G25, G27, Versus CSW Belt Drive Empty G25, G27, Versus CSW Belt Drive

Post by Mo Selvarajah Thu May 16, 2013 12:34 am

Hi guys,

first of all i'd like to say, I'm going to make these forums my new home, because any people who play netkar pro are friends of mine - you guys KNOW what the truth is, and I trust you all think that gmotor sucks compared to netkar pro for realism.

Okay, so now we all trust each other - guys im really struggling to decide on whether its worth upgrading to Fanatec clubsport wheel.
    I currently have a G25.

I am NOT a fan of belt drive. Last year I bought a GT3 RS - returned it.
    Last month I bought a T500 - returned it.

Neither of those wheels gave me the 'direct drive' feel and the 'freeness' that the G25 gives me - the problem is with the standing resistance of belt drive. I could be so much more precise with G25, on turn in, and on exit of corner, countering the oversteer perfectly with precise small movements. I could not do this with T500 or GT3RSV2

So my question to all of you is - do you think the CSW will still have this standing resistance problem? Has anyone here gone from a G25 to a CSW?

I'm also picking up a used G27 next weekend, so I finally get to find out for myself whether g27 is better than g25 - from what i have read here people say it is not, but we shall see.

so what do you guys think? on the CSW, belt drive, and g27?
    I am fed up of the crap i read on insidesimracing and race department. They are all noobs who worship gmotor, think its the best physics ever, and all love slow belt driven wheels, and probably all drive slowly as well.

I hope i can get some discussion here from people who know the truth.
    cheers guys!

EDIT
    heres some food for thought: http://f-wheel.com/reviews/csr-elite-wheel-benchmarked#comment-1983
    G25, G27, Versus CSW Belt Drive Wheel-comparison-small
    G25, G27, Versus CSW Belt Drive EeH9oRt
    G25, G27, Versus CSW Belt Drive I1NBVmp

Last edited by Mo Selvarajah on Thu May 16, 2013 2:19 am; edited 4 times in total
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

G25, G27, Versus CSW Belt Drive Empty Re: G25, G27, Versus CSW Belt Drive

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu May 16, 2013 12:56 am

Hi, welcome to our forum. First of all, one small request. Please change your username using your name and surname.

Then, going to your question, I had the g25 then g27 and I bought the CSW roughly a year agi. You can find my comments here. To sum it up, I'm very happy of my new wheel. The feeling is very different between the two, and take some time to get used to it. Now when I'm going back to my g27 it feels a bit strange at first and feels a bit fragile an "fake", compared to the CSW.
    I'm very satisfied and, I've to say that in some sims it really feels great.
    Saying that I still think the g25 is a great wheel. I wouldn't go back though.
    Mo Selvarajah
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Mo Selvarajah Thu May 16, 2013 2:28 am

looking at those graphs, it seems to back up my experience.
    When the wheel goes full left, the initial time it takes to turn the t500/CSW Formula full left is quicker than G25.
    This confirms my experience, where during oversteer, the first force applied was very strong, very quick.
    What is crucial however is that transition, once you have applied the opposite lock, and need to control it/pull the other way.

Notice what happens when the wheel has to go from full left to full right. It takes longer for the t500/CSW to respond, compared to G25. The GT3 is just terrible and not even a match for G25. With the t500, it has a knock on effect, and just gets worse.
    The CSW seems to respond in time and then matches the G25 going from full right to full left.

this is the first time i've looked at these graphs properly. It confirms what i said. I am sticking with G25 (see what the g27 feels like, I'll do a full report and maybe do my own test using that iracing software that this guy is using in the graphs)

these graphs 100% confirm my experiences with T500 and GT3.
    It's that transition FFB which the G25 does so well, so precisely.

i think the CSW gets round this by having very powerful motors + better mechanism, to get round the inherent resistance of belt drive, so it delivers stronger FFB than G25, in the same amount of time, even though the 1st initial time in the graph going left to right, it actually takes a bit longer than G25 to react.

so there you go guys - proof that G25 is awesome! can't wait to see how g27 compares.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm