Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+3
Ben Cornett
Andrea Lojelo
gmangnall
7 posters

Corner Cutting

M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Corner Cutting - Page 2 Empty Re: Corner Cutting

Post by M Waechter Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:38 am

I doubt that serious guys like Whitehead would cut. Those are sim drivers since many many years. They would not have any fun by putting in any wrong laps, I think.

Here is a video of the guy in Pos.3, who did also a 2:08 laptime. The guys in Pos.1 & 2 are a little more quick in sector 2, but for the rest it is similar and he reached his sector times without cutting.:
    Justin Talent

Post by Justin Talent Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi there.

I am just reporting a potential exploit at Monza 1966.

For some reason around the Lesmos hitting the outside wall does not disallow your time. Therefore using a car in hotlap mode and essentially crashing on purpose without braking and wallriding around the outside means you can gain tons of time. I tried this out with the Lotus Type 49, and well, the results are pretty definite. As I can't link as a guest, just check the leaderboard for Monza 1966 in the Type 49 and see what I'm talking about.

I am now number 1 overall that track in that car with an impossible 2nd sector time. I couldn't honestly keep that to myself so here I am reporting it!

Of course I am probably not the first to discover this so I hope this can be patched out by the app. The times on all Monza 1966 circuits may need to be wiped due to this.

Thanks!
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:12 pm

I always thought hitting the wall costs more time than a clean lap.., because it takes too long to 're-accelerate' after the slowing down by the wall-touch. 
    I remember I slightly touched the wall of 2nd Lesmo only in F40 S3 by mistake (just rec. in the yt - video of mine), but those laps weren't really quicker than a clean one could have been.., because it costs too much time for the following 3rd sector.
    Maybe the case of the Lotus 49 you mentioned is almost just an exception to that. If not we need damage turned on, when it's ready.
    At least in a race with 'damage on' everyone would damage his car sooner or later with this habit.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi Justin, thanks for reporting your lap. Unfortunately we can't do much about monza 66 wall riding. APIs don't give enough information at the moment to have an automatic rule to discard the lap.
    It's very easy to spot from the splits if someone did something wrong, though.
    We always check monza 66 laptimes because of that.
    No need to wipe out any lap. We know that what is there are valid laps. Wrong laptimes are usually reported in few hours by many users, or removed by us. We keep always an eye on this. Don't worry.

Just to let you know, you can also remove the lap by yourself. Check the guide to know how to do it.

Thanks for your help to keep our db clean!
    Justin Talent

Post by Justin Talent Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:26 pm

OK and thank you for the quick reply! Smile
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:16 am

Ah, ok.. good. After his post I first thought that almost all of the toptimes in the Lotus49 @M66 could be wrong, but split times of 2nd sector indeed doesn't look like that they're extraordinary wrong. So current laps there are ok.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content