Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

5 posters

premium content

paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

premium content Empty premium content

Post by paul thomas Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:53 pm

Ferrari are emailing people asking why they havent bought the two extra tracks, obversely FVA isnt selling as well as Ferrari expected. On the world ranking only 155 people have ranked showing a distinct lack of interest.

If I was a betting man I would say the lack of ability to race is a major factor.

So maybe this is for netkar pro 2, but what if, fva content was available to NKP2 or even NKP1 as premium content.

At the moment the complete FVA package costs 24 Euros, Iracing sells 3 tracks and one car for 38 Euros. So Ferrari could charge 38 Euro to sell FVA content as premium content for NKP.

In the case of people who already have full FVA content, to go premium would pay the difference in the example of full content of 13 Euros.

I feel this could be good for both Ferrari and Kunos. It would be a good business model for NKP2 Kunos providing the standard content and Ferrari the premium content.

Imaging an official Ferrari/Kunos Ferrari World championship instead of this years Hotlapping championship.

But at the end of the day I can't see this happening but hopefully Ferrari can bring multiplayer
    to FVA next year.
    Laszlo Janos
    Laszlo Janos
    Driver
    Driver

premium content Empty Re: premium content

Post by Laszlo Janos Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:45 pm

sounds good
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:08 am

I guess also: for me any many other I imagine, it was a bit disturbing that all the results in the world ranking were removed after the (last) updates which added the engine braking-setting.
    It is / was a bit annoying seeing your results from weeks of driving to disappear, Ferrari did not told anymone about this.

When they publish a game it should be final and not be updated anymore regarding physics or setup-settings, so that from the first lap on your laptimes count and will not be removed suddenly from the rank.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:31 am

Different content levels does nothing but divide the community. Good way to make a quick buck, but not good for actually making something succesful. The last thing netKar needs is a divided community. half of nothing is? Best bet is to charge slightly more, and give the content with the game. i think the iRacing system is far too expensive. too much for many people to justify. 38eur for 3 tracks and a car would be just plain stupid.

And i believe that, while frustrating, engine updates are nessisary if the current game engine is flawed. Its a lose/lose situation for the developer. If they update, people complain that they lost their high score. If they dont update, people complain that the game isnt realistic. Cant win Wink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by ..... Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:58 pm

iracing sucks balls. That game is missing so much and even though you pay huge bucks you "DON'T OWN IT" . It's a joke and only for rich people. I HATE IRacing.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:36 am

i f'king LOVE Canadians.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm