Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+20
Maarten Steverink
Antonio Lallo
Luca Orsetti
Clive Melbourne
Francesco Meola
giancarlo graziano
Daniele De Gioia
Attilio Barba
f.gek
Martin Hussey
Albert McSaltens
Filippo Chesi
marco boni
Roberto Zanerini
Fabio Grippa
Andrea Lanzino
Marcello Gabrielli
MikaRaymond
M Waechter
Andrea Lojelo
24 posters

13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

race - 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps Empty 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:06 pm

race - 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps Ks21champspa

Fifth event of our KS2 Championship: Spa 2010 (install the last fix also)

Here is the schedule:
    Meeting point: Website Chat: 21:00 CET (GTM+1)
    Briefing: 21:15
    Stay in pit session: 5 minutes (in this session you must stay in pit)
    Qualify: 30 min
    Race 1: 9 laps
    Warmup 5 minutes
    Race 2: 19 laps (inverted grid for the first 6 drivers)

Please don't forget your allocation for the race

Last edited by Andrea Lojelo on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:45 am; edited 2 times in total
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

race - 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps Empty Re: 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps

Post by M Waechter Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:04 am

Very Happy definitely some aliens alive there at Belgium, when I look at the results of the iraceonline server. By now I could do a 1:54 with less fuel, but I don't think I'll reach a 1:53, not even to speak of a 1:52 Shocked lap.

Last edited by M Waechter on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:10 am

M Waechter wrote:Very Happy truly some aliens alive there at Belgium, when I look at the results of the iraceonline server. By now I could do a 1:54 with less fuel, but I don't think I'll reach a 1:53, not even to speak of a 1:52 Shocked (but don't know if some few of the fast laps contain some cutting, not saying that people are willed to do that, maybe just happens when trying to push -at first corner for example) lap.

i can asure you there is no cutting from any of the drivers Smile
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:29 am

yep.., sometimes I am just talking a bit just to talk, it was not meant too serious Very Happy . Even if you go wide in the first corner it does not result in more speed, the best way of a clear and also fast lap is in the white lines anyway.
    - I had some really nice races btw. with a guy called juan anton tonight on the iraceonline server, we were quite exactly at the same speed during a race, so this resulted in some great races and battles Very Happy .
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:46 pm

spa is a track where race pace is very similar, just like monza. there are only a few places to pass and you need to be patient, resulting in some nice racing Very Happy
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    Next race: Spa...but which version?

We will select based on your vote.
    Please choose which version do you prefer

Your choice was quite clear : we will be racing on Spa 2010(chosen by the 79% of you). Thanks for voting
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Driver
    Driver

race - 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps Empty box exit ... what?

Post by Marcello Gabrielli Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi all

yesterday i was online and i noted quite all the drivers exit from the pitline a bit after the 1st corner la source. On my point of view, the correct exit is after the eau rouge, so i ask you in the next race what is the rule and how to control it.. (close the wall in the first gap?).

Another point is the large area in the exit of the 1st corner: some drivers use it normally to try to have more speed on the radillon and on the kemmel straight. Yesterday i noted a driver with the car standing in this area for several laps .... a little bit dangerous.

Asking to the crew a reply about the two points.

Bye
    Marcello
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:54 pm

The pitlane exit to be used is the one at "La Source", as shown in the map below.
    I think that the other pitlane exit after "Raidillon" is used for other car categories (FIA GT?)
    race - 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps 302q36e

Regarding T1, going wide after the white lines to have better speed exit is not allowed.
    Same goes at the last chicane.
    In case you go wide, by mistake, you need to lift off the throttle to avoid getting an advantage.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:45 am

do you know how many laps the races will be yet?

thanks Smile
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 am

shouldn't be too complex to find it out looking at the image on the first post Smile
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:10 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:shouldn't be too complex to find it out looking at the image on the first post Smile

im not that blind and stupid in real life, i promise! Very Happy

thanks man Smile
    Andrea Lanzino
    Andrea Lanzino
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrea Lanzino Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:33 am

penso sia utile per tutti evidenziare nel primo post la verisone di spa da utilizzare domani in race...
    ne sono uscite 2 versioni ...ma io ho seri problemi a capire la continuità cronologica
    mi spiego
    spa2010
    fix (link rimosso)
    spa2010 1.5 fix
    l'ultima versione da usare per tutti è?
    la 1.5?
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:47 am

Race details added to the first post.
    Please don't forget your allocation
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:06 pm

Gents,
    as we do not have full mode, we will be forced to apply the "5 laps stop" regulation in case of pressing esc to go to box. Since the first race is just 9 laps, it would mean to lose more than half race with the results of 0 point. It would be too much penalising, specially if you are hit by another car, as always happen! Is there any chance to modify this regulation as "wait 5 laps or 5 minutes" or something like this? I have been hit 6 times in the first corners so far - in the previous race - because of other drivers fault, with any penality assigned to them!
    I strongly hope to be in the group A, so this my chat will be not important for me as there were very clean race there!!!
    Roberto Zanerini
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Roberto Zanerini Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Faccio un appello per questa sera: in partenza se non presteremo attenzione sarà drammatica, cerchiamo di fare il primo tornante veramente piano, non cambiamo la linea di partenza quelli sulla sx stanno a sx e quelli a dx sulla dx (quelli sulla dx naturalmente avranno una staccata più violenta quindi quelli dietro molta attenzione) tanto non si decide certo la gara alla prima curva. Soprattutto per quelli dietro a me (se ce ne saranno) ricordo che avendo il Joystick devo staccare prima.

race - 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps 95475 race - 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps 95475 Roberto Zanerini Gruppo B
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Fabio Grippa wrote:Gents,
    as we do not have full mode, we will be forced to apply the "5 laps stop" regulation in case of pressing esc to go to box. Since the first race is just 9 laps, it would mean to lose more than half race with the results of 0 point. It would be too much penalising, specially if you are hit by another car, as always happen! Is there any chance to modify this regulation as "wait 5 laps or 5 minutes" or something like this? I have been hit 6 times in the first corners so far - in the previous race - because of other drivers fault, with any penality assigned to them!
    I strongly hope to be in the group A, so this my chat will be not important for me as there were very clean race there!!!
    You are absolutely right, Fabio.
    In case your car will be heavily broken in the short race you will score 0 points.
    This should be one more reason for everyone to be calm and stay out of troubles.
    I think everyone forgot how it was in full mode then. A small touch = out of the race.
    We introduced this 5 laps rule just to allow people to have (some)fun anyway. The problem is that not everyone is respecting it and it's not easy to check 40 people for over 30 laps.
    Even more people forgot at every race that races are never win at T1.
    I hope everyone will respect our basic rules tonight.

T1 here is very tight and slow. I guess everyone knows that. Let's try not to finish our race there, please.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:00 pm

Red Zone:

An accindent in the first corners of this track can have massive consequences.
    For this reason we decided to extend a bit the red zone.

Rule 5 (a.k.a. 5 corners rule): It is important to pay attention especially in the first part of the race, where all cars are close to each other. For this reason, we define per each track the “red zone”, where the 5 corners rule applies. 5 corners is just a convention. For each track the red zone might be extended till a safer zone.
    The responsibility of all drivers is to avoid incidents in the first corners which can have massive consequences and therefore all participants must be careful.
    Starts must be as clean and incident-free as possible. The finish line is not at the first turn. Turn 1 cannot be approached as it happens during the qualification session. The tires are cold, the car is heavy and the track crowded. Drivers must act wisely and drive safely for themselves and for the other participants, for example by:
    o braking earlier than normal
    o maintaining a safe distance from the other cars during the first corners
    o giving enough space to other drivers with some margin for error by other participants

Any collision from behind will result in the driver behind being considered as the guilty driver, unless the car in front has lost control.
    In case of accident on the “red zone” the Race Director could penalize the drivers directly.

race - 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps Spafrancorchamps2010
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:12 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    T1 here is very tight and slow. I guess everyone knows that. Let's try not to finish our race there, please.

Yes, don't forget to brake at least quite right after the 100m mark. The first corner is slow and if you coming too fast into it, braking just a glitch later than the car in front of you, you immediately crash into the rear of the car in front, so don't forget the braking at the right braking point. Do some practice on the server with some cars in front to find out how it works (brakingpoint) !
    marco boni
    marco boni
    Driver
    Driver

Post by marco boni Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:32 am

siamo alle solite folegati mi a tamponato piegandomi una sospensione posteriore,macchina con volante storto ,dopo di che non contento mi a ritoccato nel curvone dopo il traquardo,ridando un bel colpetto allo sterzo,e poi in sorpasso definitivamente fuori!!!!!!!!!!!!

vedete un po voi
    marco
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:11 am

Group A replay
    Filippo Chesi
    Filippo Chesi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Filippo Chesi Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:26 am

My report of group B. I qualified 9. In race 1 i started from box for a false start (a driver before me make me wrong) but with a prudent guide i was also 9. Just at the second lap the disaster for me in this event. The guilt is mine. I' had'nt disactivate the autostop for inactivity of my television and when i was in kemmel my monitor begun obscure for some moment and so i damage my car. Also, trying to go to the box for fix the car i lost control causing incident involving Ledda. I'm very sorry of it. So my race 1 finished. In race 2 instead i had my best result in this championship, a clean race and i finished 4. In a chat after race 1, when Ledda rightly resumed me, i noted another driver writing bad word not esplicitly against me, but i suspect it. I want to say to this driver and to all the other, that surely i'm a correct driver, that surely in this championship i suffered the errors of some other driver, and that surely i made some errors damaging other drivers. I escuse me for this. But i'm not dishonest, and i'm not less experienced of other to can drive in this competition. But if you want i can retire. I dont want no more read offensive words against me. Thank to all for the fun.
    PS: Francesco scusami ancora.
    Hy
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Driver
    Driver

race - 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps Empty 1st race in group B

Post by Marcello Gabrielli Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:47 am

1st of all, thank you all for the two races of this night: all of you are very correct driver

My history was not so good today:
    - qual not bad 1:57 low, starting 8th. I had a strange thing, i refuel for 5 laps 5 minutes before the end of the qual, but after 2 laps i stopped without fuel, so i parked my car out of the track in safe position, waiting the end... strange ...)
    - jump start in 1st race, so from box i was able to drive clean to the end finishing 4th ot 5th (i was driving when the server put me in the warmup stage...)
    - 2nd start clean start. I let the other pass me and was driving i 4th position when Jose reach me near la source. He hit me in the back and broke my rear suspension, so i did 1 lap at 80 km\h trying to stay out of the lane. I fixed the car and i restarted the race. Jose reach me for the 2nd time, i tried to let him pass (blue flag), but he hit me another time in the back... It can happen, the race was lost for the 1st hit. Perhaps he had a lag or see my car in a wrong position.... Jose, you are one of the 1st driver i meet on the netkar server, i know you are a correct driver: no problem for me at all, i hoper for you too.

Last comment: i started from group 4 and now i'm in group b. I hope to drive with you up to the end of this champ.

See you in A1 ring

your "bradipo"
    Marcello

p.s. post the reply i didn't saved it....
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Albert McSaltens Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:17 am

i saw tonight some more inaproppiate things on qualy and races! some happened at monza and also at spa again? this cannot happen anymore,

some people parking the car on the track; this cant happen , even if you are in a safe spot, because some yellow flags will pop up for other drivers , and then you never know whats on the track destroying some flying laps in some cases. ex de goia was penalised or warned at monza for this , we already told that cant happen before the race, and in the forum, and then people do it again i can remember jose canseco, and gabrielli as he says. i think also some more drivers,

another thing is when the leader comes lapped drivers must give room safely, i again while leading i almost collide with a lapped car this time foresta, if im not wrong, comeon you cant lift or brake in front of the leader , before that move to a side to its safe!!

hope race director will check the replay on group B
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:41 am

Qualifying
    qualifying went pretty bad for me this week. i struggled to find enough open space in front of me to set my laptime - it was only in the closing minutes where i finally managed
    to set my time. i also find it quite difficult to set my PB's during the events for some reason. 1.52.5 was enough to put me just behind the podium

Race 1
    i managed to get a good start and passed 2 guys before eau rouge. during t1 though, me and gek had a slight tap which did a little damage to the front right, but was managable.
    a line formed consisting of vanore, myself and gek, all within 5 seconds of each other. gek was running more downforce than me in this event, which was especially noticable
    through the middle section of the circuit. luckily, he span on lap 4 which took the pressure off me, but i still wasnt able to catch vanore.

Race 2
    i dont really have any words to describe race 2, apart from this:

it cost me valuable championship points which i cant get back. of course i was annoyed when gek said it was a "driving mistake" by me, doubled with "lag". i knew it wasnt, so i double checked
    the replay and it changed the situation. i left enough room on either side for him to pass. i didnt slow down or turn (which he also claimed). it also shows any lag was minimal.
    what can i do? i did nothing wrong and he blamed me Sad

i dont want to kick off an argument about it but i thought i would get some opinions on the situation. me and gek have made up and i hold nothing against him. as far as im concerned, the past
    is the past and i just look forward to the future

thanks, and see you at A1 Smile
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:47 am

replay groupB (95 min., so it includes around 24 min. of the quali also):
    http://www.filefront.com/17789699/FormulaKS2_Spa2010_groupB_races.zip

summary:
    Quali went out quite satisfying for me, since I did my pb lap there (1:54.0 min.), that was half a second quicker then my pb laptime done so far in practice.

Race 1 was also quite good, finished 3rd at the end, -but I was not completely satisfied with the laptimes-. Many cars lost control or crashed, so I was on second position quite a few laps, some seconds behind Clive M. -but at the end Albert came back behind me and could pass me, because under his pressure I did a small mistake when entering the Pouhon (turn 10).. .

In race 2 I had a good start into the first lap, was on second pos. again after the straight, ..but then afterwards after the first following three corners I was sleeping (chillin' or somewhat) for a moment in this lap1 and simply totally forgot to brake when reaching the Rivage (turn 8 ) and crashed with quite high speed into the wall [I think my mind was already at another corner/place on the track... + maybe I was too surprised of being in second position ] . -That was really stupid / completely unnecassary.
    After the crash the car was thrown back onto the middle of the track in the Rivage, for a short moment I tried to move the car, but it was too dangerous to drive this quite damaged thing back to pits. ..Unfortunately right afterwards as I was already with my fingers on the way to press ESC to clean the track someone hit my car in the rear.., 'sorry' for that*.

I came back after 5 laps of waiting in the pits and had a more or less boring race2 then, but I was trying to push the car and the tires to its limits, especially the last 8 laps or s.th. I did every lap hotlapping with myself Smile, reaching several 1:56.1-x laptimes.
    If I had not crashed myself in the first lap, I guess it could have been also a quite good race2 for me, because I had a setup which was good/stable in laptimes for also such long stints... .

*edit: I watched the replay of my 'selfcrash thingy' and gladly saw that F Chesi, who was the above mentioned one who hit my car after I crashed, did not take any damage..., so it was exceptional in this case luckyly just a lag crash.. [my car was hit by him but not his car, so I'm happy that he and also noone else did take any damage after my crash !].

Last edited by M Waechter on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:40 am