Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+16
Chris Kehagias
giancarlo graziano
Antonio Lallo
Marcello Gabrielli
Luca "SkyGT" Naldi
marco boni
Attilio Barba
M Waechter
f.gek
Roberto Zanerini
Paul O'Brien
Francesco Meola
Fabio Grippa
MikaRaymond
Albert McSaltens
Andrea Lojelo
20 posters

20 Jan 2011: A1-Ring

Marcello Gabrielli
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Driver
    Driver

ring - 20 Jan 2011: A1-Ring - Page 2 Empty bad race in group B, but, please, penalize the ESC!!!

Post by Marcello Gabrielli Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:18 am

Hi all

Taday it was a bad day for me:
    - qualify: 1:13.3, my PB -> 8th place, good start
    - 1st race, no problems, driving in the back up to 3th lap, after there were a battle in front of me between Zanerini and Scollo. In T1 Zanerini slow down, Scollo was on the left, i was faster on the right, Zanerini in the middle. Scollo moved on the right, touched Zanerini on the front wing, cut the track and hit me, putting me in the sky -> to box. It can happen in the battle. Zanerini continued with small damage, i remained in the pit for 5 laps, what did Scollo it was MAD.... i checked the replay, but in this kind of situations ESC is needed!
    I was in the box and i've seen other drivers coming to the box and exiting -> a check on ESC is needed
    - 2nd race it was another delusion. I was driving slow to save the tyres, in the back of the group. In front of me Andrea Lanzino did an erro in T1. I passad him because i was faster. At the T2 andrea hit me in the back and push me in the sand. Andrea admit the error at the end of the race. I tried to exit from the sand, but the car had a big damage, so i preferred to hit ESC, in respect for the other drivers. I waited 5 laps of the leader and tried to enter far from the other drivers. It was a pity because in race my laps were enough fast, around 1:15 - 1:16.

Group B is very hard for me, at my 1st championship. I'm learning, but from more experienced people i expect a respect of rules, because i do the same.

Probably i'll pass the next race in Brno due to a trip for work. Good race to all of you, hoping to remain in group B for the next race

Bye
    Marcello Gabrielli

p.s. i ask to the crew to collect all the skins and crate a new skinpack, bacause there were only 2 or 3 cars with the correct skin.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

ring - 20 Jan 2011: A1-Ring - Page 2 Empty Re: 20 Jan 2011: A1-Ring

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:22 am

results are up
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Albert McSaltens Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:32 am

have to report scollo for pressing esc and rejoinning in qualy without waiting 5 laps or 10 minutes.
    Antonio Lallo
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Antonio Lallo Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:48 am

Serata come sempre costellata di alcuni evitabili episodi, da parte mia ovviamente! ring - 20 Jan 2011: A1-Ring - Page 2 659651 In qualifica fanno tempi assurdi, non riesco neanche a ripetere 1:11.7xx che nella gare del pomeriggio ho fatto...comunque, parto 8 e dopo qualche giro son 7 con qualche sorpasso divertente, ma al 7 giro cercando di spingere per prendere i 2 davanti mi vado ad insabbiare e qui finisce gara1! PS ho visto Orsetti schiantarsi contro niente in curva al 1 giro, in questo caso un eccezzione alla regola dei 5 giri si dovrebbe fare...nel caso di lag evidente, così tutti soli intendo.
    In gara 2 parto penultimo ho una partenza così così, ma dalla prima curva in avanti è tutta una lotta! Con De Gioia il più lungo, è stata dura passare! Mi son divertito molto, siete stati tutti molto corretti nei duelli! Wink Avevo un passo non al meglio, come in altre gare, ma buono dopotutto. Riesco a raggiungere un onorevole 3 posto che mantengo fino a 3 curve dalla fine...non sò perchè finisco la benzina eppure avevo, stimati, litri per 30 giri...evidentemente ho pestato troppo con tutti quei duelli! Se avessi finito 3 sarebbe stata una delle mie migliori e divertenti gare, purtroppo mi accontento di un 7 posto! In classifica Gek si è ripreso il posto su di me, ma almeno nei team combattiamo ancora con i greci che son ossi duri e stasera gli ho anche regalato il podio... Smile Pss complimenti al mio teamate, in questa gara era decisamente il "caposquadra". Ci vediamo a Brno, che mi pare una bella pista!
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:07 am

RePlay Group A...

http://www.filefront.com/17824459/Goup A_FormulaKS2_A1Ring_2.rar
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:05 am

i have reported Vanore for his appauling behaviour when reversing onto the track with a damaged car early in race2 (group A) causing a huge accident for a number of drivers.

this is NOT acceptable. it is almost the same as "Crazy.wmv" last week! when he hit my car and damaged it, i drove on the grass around the outside of the track to stop people from hitting me.

he should be punished.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:54 am

Another groupB (my) replay as usual:
    http://www.filefront.com/17825046/FormulaKS2_A1Ring_groupB_races.zip

Could maybe someone of the very fast guys in groupA upload his setup, please.. ? -I want just to analyse / compare things a bit, to find out why my car was quite slow (especially in quali conditions).
    I think most of all comes from the fact that I'm not an alien Very Happy , also I'm braking much earlier towards some corners.. .
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:48 am

Mika, for sure Vanore did a mistake, but I think also he apply hime self an "auto penality" for his mistake staying out of the race, wtihout rejoin....he put away at least 10 points....I've had very correct fighting with him in both races...the decision is finally to the champ organiser
    Chris Kehagias
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Chris Kehagias Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:57 am

Very bad race for me yesterday. It seemed that the server had an eye on me and in every race I had to go to pit for repairs. I didn't have ping
    more than 60 but unfortunately I had ( at least i think ) contacts with other racers which ended with a broken suspension for me and
    nothing for the other racer.
    I'm sorry if I caused any trouble during my way in pits.

For sure it was a race i don't want to remember Sad
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Yesterday's race? One of my best performance ever.
    After years and years running on a laptop, I finally decided to buy a PC.
    The difference it's amazing. I'm now running at full details and max resolution at 350 FPS (while i was at 70 FPS at low resolution before Smile ), and this gives me much better feeling on the wheel (Si3v told us that Force Feedback depends on the FPS. The more FPS, the better is the sample of the FF), and with a 24'' screen instead of a 16'', you can really see the difference.

Result?
    All the training week with my old laptop I was in the mid-high 1.13.XX with my PB of 1:13:455
    with the new pc, received 2 days ago (but used just for few hours), I started going faster and faster almost reaching what I thought was my limit: the 1.13:000 barrier.
    But then yesterday night was my night. The more I drove the more I got the feeling of my "new" car, and I started improving my laptime even more, so PB after PB, I got to my final qualifying time of 1m12.162!!! drive Not too bad! 1.3 second faster than on the laptop.

Do you want to go faster? Buy a better PC!! Smile

So I started 9th on the grid (my best result in qualify in group A. Some amazing time there and a lot of drivers in few tents).
    I had a good and careful start lifting off on the braking points to avoid troubles (never a good idea to push too hard in the red zone!).
    a lot of laps very close with Lallo and Kehagias. I manage to overtake both of them when they did an error.
    perfect race for me. No errors at all and very good timing (mid 1.13): 7th.

Race 2:first laps fighting with gek before and mario Gilles and Daniele De Gioia, managing to keep their pace. A lot of laps together until Mario do a mistake going wide and spinning. I went wide myself and Dani overtook me and after few laps Lallo also with very nice pass.
    I was quite surprised when I saw Mika overtaking me while he was lapped. But anyway it was a clean overtake and he was way faster than me.
    Then something happened to Luca Orsetti (that just like in race1 when out in a very strange way. Problems with your connection, Luca?)
    Nice surprise at the last lap, when I could overtake Lallo, without fuel, at few corners from the finish line.

Wonderful race. very intense. Great driving from everyone. Final result for me: 4th starting from 7th.
    I'm really really happy!

Thanks to all for the nice race and respect on track (at least from my point of view)
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:11 pm

Also my race week-end was my best ever Very Happy ...I bought a new videocard one month ago and I managed to install it few days ago, I can now run at maximum resolution and my time went down as happened to Andrea. The difference is bigger then what I expected. I did a good lap in qualify going up to the 4th place with 1.11.4, then I was hitten by a spinning car in the last part of the qualify loosing the opportunity to catch the Vanore time.
    During my first race I have been very careful, I managed to keep my position as Mika, Gek and Vincenzo were a little bit fast. In my mirror Marteen was always in, it was difficult not to do mistakes. During the last laps I got close to Vanore and I decided to try overtake him. It was quite a tough and long fighting, then after some change of our position in the last lap I pass him and I finish in third position (first time in group A Very Happy ).
    For my second race I decide to do a pit stop, starting from 4th place I had to be in the first position over the first two laps, then I pass the drivers in front on me as they did little mistake. I start pushing as much as I could to gain enough time to keep my position after the pit. Gek was too fast Sad , then I try to gain at least 25s in comparison of Lallo/Di gioia/Loejolo to rejoin in 2° position after the pit. The greek man behind me (chris?) was also on the pit stop strategy. After the pit I rejoin in the second position and it was a quite easy race for me, just trying to get the fastest lap without taking too mush risk (I didn't catch this for 0.05s Rolling Eyes ). I finished in the second place, my best results in group A. Congratualtion to all the drivers for the respectfully race, special grats to Gek, he was really fast. Unfortunatly my team mate finished the fuel just two corner from the finish, he pass from third to seventh place, and we miss to get the first place in the team standing. He did a very good race starting from the last row to the third place, we will install him a diesel engine for the next races Smile
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:23 pm

Fabio Grippa wrote:Mika, for sure Vanore did a mistake, but I think also he apply hime self an "auto penality" for his mistake staying out of the race, wtihout rejoin....he put away at least 10 points....I've had very correct fighting with him in both races...the decision is finally to the champ organiser

i suppose youre right. maybe im whining too much these days Razz he shouldnt be reversing onto the track like that though

i
    didnt have many expectations from myself for this event. during
    practise i had some serious temp and oversteer issues through t1 and t2,
    i tried everything to fix it but had no luck. just wednesday afternoon i
    managed to solve the problem, but it still wasnt perfect. plus, after
    seeing some of the laptimes you boiys were putting in, i knew i wouldnt
    be able to match those. i told myself id be happy if i made 40pts out of
    the event.

i managed a 1.10.9 in quali which is only 0.1s off
    my PB. i was quite happy with this as my previous lap was 1.11.285, just
    0.025s slower than vanore. get put in a monstrous time of 1.10.5! ring - 20 Jan 2011: A1-Ring - Page 2 865579 this put me 2nd on the grid.

i
    managed to get a clean start off the line, putting me and gek almost
    side by side through t1. vanore followed closely behind. going into t2,
    the three of us were so close that it was impossible not to have
    contact. me and gek touched very slightly coming over the crest, giving
    vanore the chance to overtake down the inside. i saw vanore and gek
    touch before t3, giving me the opportunity to pass down the inside. the
    grid stayed like this for most of the first race. i followed closely
    behind vanore, trying not to push too hard for temps. we were exactly
    the same pace. it reminded me of the hakkinen vs schumi vid Razz
    3 laps to go, i decided to take a look down the inside of t2. i
    overstepped it a bit and locked the tyres, hitting him in the side.
    obviously i went on to win that race but feel really bad about that Sad

race
    2 i also got a clean start, passing 2 cars before the end of lap 1.
    again, vanore and i were side by side driving round for a couple laps,
    until the inevitable happened. as we approached t2, he switched right to
    left behind me in order to get me to counter-attack and block his line,
    but he must have misjudged the brake point and smashed right into me. i
    had to drive round the grass on the outside of the track with a damaged
    car to the pits. once repaired, i simply drove round overtaking the
    backmarkers but with great care and patience. i was quite quicker than
    some, so just left it to the right moment to pass as p13,14,15 were 6
    laps down. after the race though, i was told i was a bit too voilet and 1
    particular driver wasnt happy, so i simply apologised. it should be in
    the rules that you cant unlap yourself Wink but there wasnt any contact so i guess there are no problems

ive
    been hit twice in 2 races now, causing me to loose on potentially big
    points. now its time to get to business - 5 drivers heading into the
    last 3 race, all within contention of winning. i need to score some big
    points and hopefully not get hit again lol!

we had some great battles here and i hope we can take those into the next races. see you boys at brno!
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:Do you want to go faster? Buy a better PC!! Smile
    But then what would I blame? Very Happy
    Francesco Meola
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Francesco Meola Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:59 pm

report group B: Rondina, Dellera and Scollo press esc and rejoin during qualifing without waiting 10 min
    f.gek
    ---
    ---

Post by f.gek Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Ottima serata per me.
    In qualifica riesco subito a trovare il tempo gia dai primi giri.
    In gara 1 al t2 sono già in battaglia con mika, nel dritto successivo vengo affiancato da vincenzo che probabilmente non si accorge di stringermi verso l'erba, al secondo contatto finisco fuori pista , riesco a rientrare in terza posizione e riprendo la gara cercando di capire il nuovo limite della macchina con la sospensione anteriore destra lievemente danneggiata.
    Al 4 giro nel tentativo di sorpasso a mika nuovo contatto questa volta alla sospensione posteriore destra. Riesco a portare la macchina al traguardo e ottengo un 2 posto insperato grazie anche alla collisione mika/vincenzo.

In gara 2 parto a pieno carico di benzina e dopo una bella battaglia al primo giro con andrea , imposto un passo regolare e senza fare pitstop controllo la gara vincendo.anche in questo caso la collisione mika/vincenzo mi regala un importante vantaggio. punti importanti per la classifica che nelle ultime 3 gare credo che sara ancora piu emozionante.

Ringrazio tutti per i complimenti
    Antonio Lallo
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Antonio Lallo Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Mika you misunderstand! I meant that doubles as you do not need to make real overtaking, just to show you in my mirrors and who is in front of you by! I saw from behind De Gioia fight with you ... at Mugello happened with me, that's why I said those things yesterday. No hard feelings! Wink Ps I used google translator, so if it'snt too much understood, interpreted it!
    Luca Orsetti
    Luca Orsetti
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca Orsetti Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Ieri sera per me è stato un disastro totale...
    In gara 1, per la seconda volta in questo campionato, la mia auto vola in aria dopo un incidente contro il nulla (la connessione era buona come al solito). Aspetto i 5 giri ai box e arrivo ultimo.
    Nella seconda gara parto ovviamente in fondo alla griglia. Riesco a recuperare posizioni fino a trovarmi settimo, ma ad un certo punto ho Lojelo davanti che frena all'improviso perchè ha di fronte a lui Raymond (che a mio parere è stato troppo aggressivo, dato che era doppiato) e io, per evitare di rovinare la gara di Andrea, freno e scalo marcia in modo violento, causando un testacoda e finendo fuori pista. Risultato finale: decimo.
    Sono veramente stufo di fare pessime gare a causa di incidenti contro il nulla o piloti che non si comportano come dovrebbero (e che non vengono MAI penalizzati per questo) e ho perso definitivamente la motivazione per cercare di essere competitivo nelle prossime gare. Parteciperò solo perchè ho preso questo impegno e voglio mantenerlo. Ciao a tutti e alla prossima.

ENG (I hope google translate works well):
    Last night for me was a total disaster ...
    In Race 1, for the second time this season, my car flying in the air after an accident as opposed to nothing (the connection was good as usual). Waiting for the 5 laps in the pits and finished last.
    In the second race of course delivery in the bottom of the grid. I can recover positions to find the seventh, but at some point before I have Lojelo in front of me braking suddenly because he has before him Raymond (which in my opinion was too aggressive, as it was dubbed) and I, to avoid Andrea ruin the race, brake and change down violently, causing a spin and ran off the track. End result: tenth.
    I'm really tired of bad races because of accidents or anything against drivers who do not behave as they should (and are never penalized for this) and I definitely lost the motivation to try to be competitive in the coming races. Attending just because I have made this commitment and I want to keep it. See you on next race.
    Vincenzo Vanore
    Vincenzo Vanore
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vincenzo Vanore Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Italiano
    Eccomi qua, non so da dove iniziare....sono molto rammaricato e dispiaciuto, per il mio comportamento ottenuto in gara 2.
    Ma iniziamo dall'inizio, qualifica non buona, non sono riuscito ad ottenete un buon tempo e parto 3°
    Gara 1 Il mio obiettivo era quello di non sbagliare...riesco ad ottenere la prima posizione sfruttando un lungo di Raymond e Gek, con quest'ultimo qualche sportellata nel sorpasso, che mi ha comportato un leggero spostamento del volante, a qualche giro dalla fine, Raymond mi colpisce alla T2 piegandomi la sospenzione posteriore (incidente di gara nessun problema) e finisco al 4°posto.
    Gara2 E qui viene il bello, non posso far altro che fare un mia culpa, partenza abbastanza buona, ma nel primo giro metto fuori
    Steverink, qualche giro dopo Raymond, commettendo errori in staccata. Ma al 4 giro, se non erro, tocca a me, e vengo messo fuori da Theodoridis, e il nervoso ha preso il sopravvento su di me, commettendo un grossissimo errore, quello di rientrare in pista, senza guardare e preoccuparmi di chi stava arrivando. Ovviamente il mio comportamento è da penalità, quindi ben accetta se mi venisse inflitta.

English google

Here I am, I do not know where to start .... I am very sorry and sorry for my behavior obtained in race 2.
    But let's start from the beginning, qualification is not good, I could not get a good time and Part 3
    Race 1 My goal was to not make mistakes ... I can get the first position using a long and Raymond Gek, with the latter some desk in passing, that I caused a slight shift from the steering wheel a few turns from the Finally, the T2 Raymond strikes me leaning back the suspended particles (racing incident no problem) and I finish in 4th place.
    Race 2 And here comes the fun part, I can not help but make me a culpa, pretty good start, but the first lap I put out Steverink, Raymond after a few rounds, making mistakes in braking. But at around 4, I believe, it's up to me, and I am put off by Theodoridis, and nervousness got the better of me, making a very big mistake to get back on track without looking and worrying about who was coming . Of course, my behavior is by penalty, then welcome if I could fine.
    f.gek
    ---
    ---

Post by f.gek Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Analisi impeccabile di un grande pilota e di una grande persona.
    ::thumpsup:: Io ti penalizzerei di un punto :-) .... al massimo
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Vincenzo Vanore wrote:Italiano
    but the first lap I put out Steverink, Raymond after a few rounds, making mistakes in braking.

That's what they call "the half-move". The worst thing you can do when trying to pass someone. I didn't see you on the inside, because you were shooting down my side at the last minute, and not even far enough to hit the middle of my car. I was slower than you, and probably braked a little earlier than you expected. I watched the replay, and it was pretty crowded in T3. Anyway, everybody makes mistakes, no problem Vincenzo. I've also made some bad mistakes in my online racing career :-D

After that i stumbled back to the pits, and was more than 1 lap down when i came out in last position. I didn't wait 5 laps as i could get back to the pits myself, is that alright? Otherwise just take my points away, i came home in 9th in the end.

Race one was solid for me. I wasn't quite fast enough, but pretty consistent enough to hold on to 5th, after some very nice moments with Theodoridis! Nice clean fighting mate!

See you all at Brno!

Maarten
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:52 pm

Vincenzo, come già detto nel mio post, a mio giudizio ti sei già auto-penalizzato rimanendo fuori dalla gara e rinunciando a potenziali buoni punti per il campionato....di fatto la peggiore penalità sarebbe l'esclusione dei punti, cosa che ti sei già autoinflitto....
    See you in BRNO
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:05 pm

I had good qualifying in group B equalled my pb and took pole position, in race 1 dropped 2 positions at the start but manage to retake the lead, Race 2 i made a mistake early on and lost a few positions and eventually found myself stuck behind Luca whom I could not manage to overtake with his crafty defensive driving and ended up fourth. not enough points to make it back into group A. I must I did prefer the old system of prequalification, that doesnt penalise a driver because he has to miss a race, makes alot more work I know but it is much fairer.
    Vincenzo Vanore
    Vincenzo Vanore
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vincenzo Vanore Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Grazie mille ragazzi ring - 20 Jan 2011: A1-Ring - Page 2 67322

Qui sotto metto due video, con questo non voglio discolparmi dei miei errori, LI AVREI TAMPONATI COMUNQUE, ma solamente far capire quello che vedo dalla mia visuale e lo spazio che c'è tra le vetture che ho messo fuori pista....
    Chiedo scusa per la qualità, ma non so inserire i video, quindi ho ripreso il tutto

Antonio Lallo
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Antonio Lallo Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:19 am

Sei vittima di lag Vincenzo, mi è capitato nelle gare di allenamento...sembra esserci spazio ma poi ci si tocca! Il ping è di vitale importanza purtroppo con tali problemi, non penalizzerei assolutamente...personalmente ieri ho fatto tantissimi duelli che neanche li conto, sarà per fortuna, ma tutto è andato bene! A mio parere bisogna dare molto ma molto più spazio e non tentare manovre pericolosamente vicini...questa è la mia ricetta! Very Happy
    Ps Andrea, propongo una petizione per inserire anche in questo forum l'emoticon "sti ca...i" presente su drivingitalia, post senza di esse non hanno lo stesso mordente, non si possono vedere... Very Happy
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Maarten Steverink wrote:I didn't wait 5 laps as i could get back to the pits myself, is that alright?
    That's fine, you only need to wait if you escaped to box/pit.

Looking at the Vanore incidents, I'm again wondering why we need to use wired connections. I use wi-fi for pickup races, and lug everything downstairs to plug into my router for league events, and see exactly the same things happening. The incidents show where the netcode fails miserably, so connections aren't to blame, we just need to stick to the racing line and never out-brake ourselves in nKPro Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:46 am