Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+26
Wally Masterson
Leonardo Ratafia
Clive Melbourne
akbar_sal
Vaggelis
si3v
Radek Pól
Paul O'Brien
giancarlo graziano
Fernando Zart
Steve Crawnshaw
M Waechter
Sergey Moskovkin
Albert McSaltens
Raúl Expósito
René Lorig
henrizio
paul thomas
M Carey
laurent resende
Sergio Marques
MikaRaymond
Martin Hussey
Michele Campini
Marcello Gabrielli
Andrea Lojelo
30 posters

top priority bugs to be fixed

laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

top priority bugs to be fixed - Page 10 Empty Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

Post by laurent resende Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:56 pm

http://lredscuderiaracing.freeforums.org/kunos-t34.html
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:26 pm

laurent resende wrote:http://lredscuderiaracing.freeforums.org/kunos-t34.html

Couldnt agree more. Not only has this whole situation put me off netKar almost entirely, it has confirmed my opinion that KS is nothing more than a Grab-and-run money making machine. If you'd asked me 6 months ago if i would buy netkar again, i'd have slapped you with a cheque for 15 euros. Now, i'm puzzled as to why i spent that much in the first place.

Draw people in with the promise of the best racing simulator in the world, make empty promises about patches that are coming "soon" and then vanish into the distance.

The last i heard, kunos were asking at Driving italia if AI should be included. Because OBVIOUSLY adding AI is going to cure the collision problems.

Screw Your AI, Screw your weather. Dont bother adding features until the bugs are ironed out.

This is exactly the reason why there are usually less than 10 players online at any moment. But as long as MR Castillo is having fun rolling around in my hard earned money, we're all happy..

aaaand back to DiRT...
    Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jeff Paul Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:06 pm

I think adding AI to netkar would help out alot. I'm sure I'm not the only adult around here who loves to sim race but works alot and doesn't have the time to race online.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Dont get me wrong. I would love to havee a decent AI for racing against offline. But until the collision detection is fixed, i cant see 15 car starts going well with AI. Not without some SERIOUS development time.

I guess i just want to see some progress. When big developers like Codemasters let the customer down, its to be expected. They're a company run by men in suits, and they only want your money. Stefano always said netKar development was about his love for the sim, not the money. A statement that i'm finding harder and harder to believe with every empty promise.

Or maybe KS runs on an extreme form of Valve Time
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:31 pm

The AI topic I believe was them just trying to gage opinions with a view to nKPro 2.0. I have a suspicion (nothing more Wink) that Kunos is working on another project, after all he has to, as nKPro doesn't generate lots of money in fact it makes a loss.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:58 pm

M Carey wrote:The AI topic I believe was them just trying to gage opinions with a view to nKPro 2.0. I have a suspicion (nothing more Wink) that Kunos is working on another project, after all he has to, as nKPro doesn't generate lots of money in fact it makes a loss.

You dont say? If the sim actually worked properly, theres a chance that sales might actually increase. I'd be more willing to recommend the sim to a friend if the dev team actually gave a crap.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:10 pm

I don't think nKPro will ever be a success, because it's in a competitive niche market. netBike... now that would be Razz There are no realistic motorcycle games out there, although I think it would have to be on the Xbox 360 (as well) for it to be successful, as the PC/sim' audience is too small. We have to remember Kunos is only one man. We're all bored & frustrated but IF Kunos is now actually taking to time to tackle the bugs that ruin the experience, then that's only a good thing. IF he's working on something else, then we'll probably see the benefits of that too.
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:12 pm

..............he's working on something else..4us belive me!!!!!!!!
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Would you care to elaborate? Very Happy
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:58 pm

silent
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:36 pm

giancarlo graziano wrote:..............he's working on something else..4us belive me!!!!!!!!

Whats he working on, besides our patience?

I dont want something else. i want decent collisions.
    Why not release a patch with the collisions, and a patch with this other thing?
    Ferran_sanson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ferran_sanson Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:17 pm

i'm new to netkar pro, and believe me its pretty fustrating finding this bygs Sad its ruinning it i dont know if ill keep on racing this simulator if i still find this bugs online... the other day my car went flyinh while racing alone in the straight..... is this a joke? cause i understand this simulator has been around since 2006!!!!
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:19 pm

Ferran_sanson wrote:i'm new to netkar pro, and believe me its pretty fustrating finding this bygs Sad its ruinning it i dont know if ill keep on racing this simulator if i still find this bugs online... the other day my car went flyinh while racing alone in the straight..... is this a joke? cause i understand this simulator has been around since 2006!!!!

Unfortunately, it is a joke. But not the HAR HAR type of joke..
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Martin Hussey wrote:
    giancarlo graziano wrote:..............he's working on something else..4us belive me!!!!!!!!

Whats he working on, besides our patience?

I dont want something else. i want decent collisions.
    Why not release a patch with the collisions, and a patch with this other thing?

i agree amount

http://lredscuderiaracing.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:58 pm

The only thing they're not allowed to talk about (Kunos & Co.) is Ferrari Virtual Academy. I'd be amazed if there's another ver. coming, after we all received that email asking why we didn't buy Mugello & the Nurburgring (even if we did) Razz As I said the bugs are frustrating everyone, but no amount of complaining is going to bring the new patch out any sooner Smile
    Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jeff Paul Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:18 pm

I'm a satisfied customer of netkar. For the price I paid I feel I got my money's worth and I would purchase anything else with Stefanos name on it.

I hate the giants like EA, Codies and iRacing and will always stick with the small guy such as ISI, Kunos, Simbin and the devs of LFS.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:31 pm

The problem with the big developers is:
    A) they're trying to cater for as wide an audience as possible. Exactly why they usually piss everybody off at the extremes of the scale.
    B) they're making games that are compatable with the limitations of consoles.
    C) they're trying to make as much money as possible, while delivering as little as possible. £££ makes the shareholders happy, and the moronic masses are happy too.

I dislike huge developers in general, Codemasters only saving grace is the DiRT series, which are good fun without being tooooo relaxed.
    and usually the smaller developers know what 'we' want and will try to deliver.

Tripwire did an excellent job with Killing Floor and the rest of its catalogue, and i'd not hesitate to buy another game. Its not small developers in general, its just this particular developer with this particular game.

Perhaps some of us are upset because the sim has been slowly getting more buggy with every "improvement" that is made. Or maybe we're pissed because after all this time, the guy(s) who we have stuck up for when other have abused us, have now just taken a huge steaming crap on our heads, and run off giggling like children.

God, i can really ramble.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:25 am

What annoys me is the big companies can make great games. F1 Career Challenge is imo the best (official) F1 game there has been, & they only made that once they had lost the license. Codies also with the Toca series did a pretty good job. Both now make utter, utter, utter $hite.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:12 am

Race driver 3 was awesome. Well, the on-road was. Off-road was terrible.

F1 2010 was my single worst waste of £26.99 in my entire life. I'd have been better off spending it on condoms and blowing them up into balloon animals. After all the hype, and calling in F1 drivers to tell us how realistic it was, i didnt finish a single lap before screaming vast amounts of profanity and closing it all.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:37 am

Martin Hussey wrote:Race driver 3 was awesome. Well, the on-road was. Off-road was terrible.

F1 2010 was my single worst waste of £26.99 in my entire life. I'd have been better off spending it on condoms and blowing them up into balloon animals. After all the hype, and calling in F1 drivers to tell us how realistic it was, i didnt finish a single lap before screaming vast amounts of profanity and closing it all.

I bought it on sale on Steam 10 euros (F1 2010) just to see what nonsense Codemasters called " simulator of year "!!!!!! LOL, it's really a hilarious, if I m ' I called Lewis Hamilton to sue them for making me such a face!!!!!
    Finally, what console is that they are competing in the series of stews "SIM 1,2,3 etc"
    10 euros and it really paid too
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:44 pm

I should sue Codemasters, it killed my PS3, thats how bad the game was Very Happy I played it for an afternoon, the next morning the console had YLOD Smile
    Ferran_sanson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ferran_sanson Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Great simulator mr kunos, and thank you to let us with this state for long time, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jDsiYoleCk
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Ferran_sanson wrote:Great simulator mr kunos, and thank you to let us with this state for long time, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jDsiYoleCk

that is hilarious Very Happy !!!!!!!! except lots of great qualities, Netkar simulator is the only auto in the world to compete with Flight Simulators! lol
    in place of some developers! I experience a sense diametrically opposed to the proud Embarassed lol!!
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:41 pm

At least we know what the replacement for the space shuttle's now Razz
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:33 pm

-It would be nice if they would work on the replays too, because the performance (FPS) in long replays (90 min for example) gets worse and worse the longer the replay is / the longer it lasts...,
    at the begin of the replay it is fast.., but later in the same replay rewinding gets massively slower and also the general FPS.

-In edited / cutted replays with multiple cars (races) you can't see your own laptimes, name anmymore / the whole timing of your own car is missing in those edited replays, that should be
    sorted out too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content