Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+26
Wally Masterson
Leonardo Ratafia
Clive Melbourne
akbar_sal
Vaggelis
si3v
Radek Pól
Paul O'Brien
giancarlo graziano
Fernando Zart
Steve Crawnshaw
M Waechter
Sergey Moskovkin
Albert McSaltens
Raúl Expósito
René Lorig
henrizio
paul thomas
M Carey
laurent resende
Sergio Marques
MikaRaymond
Martin Hussey
Michele Campini
Marcello Gabrielli
Andrea Lojelo
30 posters

top priority bugs to be fixed

Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

top priority bugs to be fixed - Page 2 Empty Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

Post by Martin Hussey Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:17 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:
    Andrea Lojelo wrote:can you be a bit more clear? What's wrong with the v1.2 tyre model?

ive noticed the tyres actually heat up when stationary in the pits. if you watch, theyll start at 25c and slowly heat up to 27/28c. surely this is incorrect Smile
    That temperature increase is probably down to track temp.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Martin Hussey wrote:
    MikaRaymond wrote:
    Andrea Lojelo wrote:can you be a bit more clear? What's wrong with the v1.2 tyre model?

ive noticed the tyres actually heat up when stationary in the pits. if you watch, theyll start at 25c and slowly heat up to 27/28c. surely this is incorrect Smile

if you look on f5 it normally says both air and track temps are 26c. its physically impossible for a tyre to get warmer than that and i doubt if you put a 25c tyre on a 26c track itll warm up within 10seconds Wink
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:56 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:
    Martin Hussey wrote:
    MikaRaymond wrote:

if you look on f5 it normally says both air and track temps are 26c. its physically impossible for a tyre to get warmer than that and i doubt if you put a 25c tyre on a 26c track itll warm up within 10seconds Wink

Not entirely true. Black stuff gets pretty hot on a sunny day. But i get what you mean. And its unlikely thats featured in the game Very Happy

Cant say i make a habit of checking track temps. interesting.
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Albert McSaltens Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:59 pm

henrizio wrote:

Old cars has now poor front grip and KS2 got same problem. Also these new tyres are very unpredictable to drive. Grip level changes too much in very short time.

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    regarding car flying do you mean during a jump or after a contact?

Both. When car is off the ground it's a paper plane.

the problems is that in 1.1 the old cars had too much grip specially the f2000
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Albert McSaltens Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:59 pm

i hope also the new ks2 car to have less grip has way too much to be a gp2 car
    henrizio
    Driver
    Driver

Post by henrizio Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:10 am

Albert McSaltens wrote:i hope also the new ks2 car to have less grip has way too much to be a gp2 car

I agree. KS2 could have less grip, but grip should be taken from downforce and front tyres should have more grip. Hard to compare what is realistic but at interlagos apex speeds in fast corners are F1 level. Comparison against real world fails in many occassion. You have very high wing setup in KS2 and for F1 it's a low DF track. Non laser scanned track, grip level in track....

Should it be compared to GP2 although it's a KS2? What I care is to have a blast to drive it. Most importantly to have a good races. At the moment in Netkarpro I have neither. Rolling Eyes
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:12 am

i agree!!!!times achieved with the KS2 are totally irrational, often faster
    with an F1 world champion at the wheel!!
    much less grip, a different weight distribution, would make it much harder to drive and too much fun with his current behavior is held too close to the incredible road that were found on other simulator
    Sergey Moskovkin
    Sergey Moskovkin
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Sergey Moskovkin Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:54 am

Few simple bugs:

- fix netKar PRO crash when path to "My Documents" folder has non-latin characters (for example Russian ones);

- add Enter key as accept one and Esc as cancel in password dialog window;

- fix long netKar PRO start with Windows 7. Fixed by SP1.

That's all for now.

Last edited by Sergey Moskovkin on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Albert McSaltens Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:37 am

normally front tyres produce less grip cause they are not as wide as rear to me the amount of grip is to be reduced on tyres both front and rear,

if you look at real gp2 races and qualyfying , they cant accelerate as fast out of slow corners as we can, we can go full throttle in 1st gear without wheel spin, in gp2 vidoes they have hard time to exit even in 3rd gear in some corners. example lapping at barcelona insane 1.22s

real laptimes were 1.28, totally crazy, of course its a sim and we can be faster, and the track is not laser scan but come on 6 seconds...

to me its clear its about tyre grip.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Sergey Moskovkin wrote:Few simple bugs:
    - fix long netKar PRO start.

Long nkPro start ? where ?
    I don't have a long starting time for NkPro, login screen starts almost immediately and track loading is very fast since v1.2.

A small thing that was never mentioned in the above postings:
    -the auto configuration of the input devices needs to be fixed: it is assigning the buttons and pedals to the wrong parameters / axis, it always needs a manual configuration afterwards to assing everything to the right place.. (for example in auto-configuration when you're ask to set a button for brake bias + it is assigned to to brake bias - and the other way around.., and the gas and brake pedals are inverted too..).

Of course you can configure everything in the advanced controller-options on manual way very easily, so there is not really problem at all.., -just wanted to mention this wrong auto-config behaviour, it is there since v1.1 and even before I guess (since ever).
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:02 pm

i believe one of the reasons for the times of the KS2 being quicker than F1 cars is due to the tracks not properly being to proportion. if they were laser-scanned i think matters would be quite different. i KIND of agree with you on the acceleration and downforce part - i believe if the cars had 10% less power, grip and downforce it would be much more realistic. lets not forget we have nothing to compare it to though.

everybody has different views and opinions but im happy with the way the game is now. i believe the admins / devs have much more to worry about than laptimes of the KS2. first, i think we must all agree, that the netcode /collision detection must be sorted. if this gets done they can concentrate on other things which can improve the physics of the game - it may not be the ks2 itself but maybe the tyre model or downforce / slipstream which are causing these laptimes.

i dont think there is any problem with the car and like i said, i adore the game and im happy racing with it the way it is. i think we all know the #1 priority which needs fixing though. the devs know this so lets wait and see what happens in the future Smile
    Sergio Marques
    Sergio Marques
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Sergio Marques Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:04 pm

M Waechter wrote:
    Sergey Moskovkin wrote:Few simple bugs:
    - fix long netKar PRO start.

Long nkPro start ? where ?
    I don't have a long starting time for NkPro, login screen starts almost immediately and track loading is very fast since v1.2.

I think is about the delay between the red lights and the green ones, most of times is really very long.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:23 pm

lol thats not a bug?
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:28 pm

If Sergey is talking about slow load times, its quite possibly down to hard drive speed. Makes a massive difference.
    Sergio Marques
    Sergio Marques
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Sergio Marques Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:47 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:lol thats not a bug?
    Maybe not, but some times you almost fell a sleep waiting for thr green lights. A shorter time would be more realistic.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Sergio Marques wrote:
    MikaRaymond wrote:lol thats not a bug?
    Maybe not, but some times you almost fell a sleep waiting for thr green lights. A shorter time would be more realistic.

redbull will do the trick Wink
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Christ, if you're nearly falling asleep at the lights, maybe you should try a more exciting activity. I've heard base jumping is quite engaging.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:07 pm

Martin Hussey wrote:Christ, if you're nearly falling asleep at the lights, maybe you should try a more exciting activity. I've heard base jumping is quite engaging.

if this was facebook, i would like this post Very Happy
    Sergio Marques
    Sergio Marques
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Sergio Marques Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Martin Hussey wrote:Christ, if you're nearly falling asleep at the lights, maybe you should try a more exciting activity. I've heard base jumping is quite engaging.
    Too much rum, savvy!
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey guys what are we complaining about we have a F1 car dressed up as a gp2. Leave it as it is!!
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Albert McSaltens Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:i believe one of the reasons for the times of the KS2 being quicker than F1 cars is due to the tracks not properly being to proportion. if they were laser-scanned i think matters would be quite different. i KIND of agree with you on the acceleration and downforce part - i believe if the cars had 10% less power, grip and downforce it would be much more realistic. lets not forget we have nothing to compare it to though.

everybody has different views and opinions but im happy with the way the game is now. i believe the admins / devs have much more to worry about than laptimes of the KS2. first, i think we must all agree, that the netcode /collision detection must be sorted. if this gets done they can concentrate on other things which can improve the physics of the game - it may not be the ks2 itself but maybe the tyre model or downforce / slipstream which are causing these laptimes.

i dont think there is any problem with the car and like i said, i adore the game and im happy racing with it the way it is. i think we all know the #1 priority which needs fixing though. the devs know this so lets wait and see what happens in the future Smile

well they are not lasser scan but the proportions are good for example monza and barcelona cause i checqued them in the aim they have virtualy same km distance.

but at barcelona we are 6 seconds faster than real cars, ad at monza due to the fact that the problem is too much downforce but not topspeed , still we are 3 seconds faster
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:47 pm

The problem is, if the grip of the car is reduced, the speed will be reduced and the car wont be so exciting to drive. Theres a balance between performance and entertainment value. Kunos can't really make the car much more realistic without sacrificing some of the immersion that the high speeds give
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:48 pm

There are so many factors that you need to take into account. I'm not sure how you can be so sure that the problem is on the tyres, Albert.

Are you sure that your default track grip is the same of the real track, for example? or any other little tiny parameter.

As far as I know, Kunos based his car on some real data. Obviously he doesn't have data for everything. Where he doesn't know he needs to guess, just like me and you or anyone else, I think.

Than you are even comparing things in a quite bizarre way. Do you really think you are as good as a real professional GP2 driver?
    how can you compare your time with theirs? Maybe it's even be more than 6 seconds, then...

A simulation has to be taken as it is, in my view. There are so many parameters that can be tweaked that I don't really think it's so easy to find the right balance.
    Maybe it will be fine in a track, but not in the other.

At the end, at least for me the KS2 is an amazing car to drive. Since I've never been driving the real counterpart and I never will, it's fine to me if it's close enough (5% accuracy on the lap time looks fine to me). I expect the KS2 to be fast, with huge accelerations, and very different from the other cars, and it definitely is.

I've to say, for example, that I loved the F2000 before (v1.1), while I find it quiete boring now (v1.2).
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Albert McSaltens Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:There are so many factors that you need to take into account. I'm not sure how you can be so sure that the problem is on the tyres, Albert.

Are you sure that your default track grip is the same of the real track, for example? or any other little tiny parameter.

As far as I know, Kunos based his car on some real data. Obviously he doesn't have data for everything. Where he doesn't know he needs to guess, just like me and you or anyone else, I think.

Than you are even comparing things in a quite bizarre way. Do you really think you are as good as a real professional GP2 driver?
    how can you compare your time with theirs? Maybe it's even be more than 6 seconds, then...

A simulation has to be taken as it is, in my view. There are so many parameters that can be tweaked that I don't really think it's so easy to find the right balance.
    Maybe it will be fine in a track, but not in the other.

At the end, at least for me the KS2 is an amazing car to drive. Since I've never been driving the real counterpart and I never will, it's fine to me if it's close enough (5% accuracy on the lap time looks fine to me). I expect the KS2 to be fast, with huge accelerations, and very different from the other cars, and it definitely is.

I've to say, for example, that I loved the F2000 before (v1.1), while I find it quiete boring now (v1.2).

first of all watching real gp2 videos i see the cars sliding out of corners much more than we do they powersile more in 3rd gear than i in sometimes 1st gear, but anyway im not comparing my laptimes, im comparing raymond and gek laptimes, i think really the track i compare have quite similar road grip than aviano or crema, so weatehr its realistic or not its the default netkar grip we are on top of it to base the car grip on.
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Albert McSaltens Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:22 pm

and less grip does not mean less fun guys..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content