Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+5
Vaggelis
Steve Crawnshaw
laurent resende
M Carey
Martin Hussey
9 posters

Polls at netKar Central.

Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

netkar - Polls at netKar Central. Empty Polls at netKar Central.

Post by Martin Hussey Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Over the next few weeks i'm going to be putting up some Polls on NKC with the aim to find out a little more about our community. I will be asking simple questions, about you, your computers, and a few other bits and bobs.

I'm planning to update roughly once a week, but this depends on how busy i am on update day. I'll post a thread here anyway when things change.

All polls are anonymous, however you will need to be logged in to vote.

This week the poll is about your age. Please be honest guys, i'm really interested in how netkar compares to other games. And we'll find out some stuff about our community along the way. An interesting experiment, i hope.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

netkar - Polls at netKar Central. Empty Re: Polls at netKar Central.

Post by M Carey Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Do you really need a poll on age? I think the youngest is 13, and the oldest 60, with most of us in our 20 & 30's Smile
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:16 pm

Don't really need one. i'm just curious. It seems the majority of netKar users are older than the average gamer. But i'd like to see actual figures Smile
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:19 pm

I think mental ages would be a lot more interesting Very Happy
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:16 pm

Its not really a poll if theres only one option, though Razz
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:19 pm

What, are you a manchild?

[YES] or [NO]

asd
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:01 pm

Martin hey, no secrets for me! I took 60 years Tuesday lol !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I should not be the young !!!!!! old !!!!!!!I think my friend is older Ron Attwood netkar - Polls at netKar Central. 8461 netkar - Polls at netKar Central. 8461 netkar - Polls at netKar Central. 8461
    Steve Crawnshaw
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Steve Crawnshaw Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:28 am

Martin Hussey wrote:Over the next few weeks i'm going to be putting up some Polls on NKC with the aim to find out a little more about our community. I will be asking simple questions, about you, your computers, and a few other bits and bobs.

I'm planning to update roughly once a week, but this depends on how busy i am on update day. I'll post a thread here anyway when things change.

This week the poll is about your age. Please be honest guys, i'm really interested in how netkar compares to other games. And we'll find out some stuff about our community along the way. An interesting experiment, i hope.

Netkar community is very small. Instead of having mutliple sites maybe join in with RSR? Having more than one site tends to thin things out too much. That way one site can be adverstised and people will get to know as the place for info, leagues, etc. on netkar. Just my two cents. netkar - Polls at netKar Central. 78373
    Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vaggelis Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:39 am

Steve Crawnshaw wrote:
    Martin Hussey wrote:Over the next few weeks i'm going to be putting up some Polls on NKC with the aim to find out a little more about our community. I will be asking simple questions, about you, your computers, and a few other bits and bobs.

Netkar community is very small. Instead of having mutliple sites maybe join in with RSR? Having more than one site tends to thin things out too much. That way one site can be adverstised and people will get to know as the place for info, leagues, etc. on netkar. Just my two cents. netkar - Polls at netKar Central. 78373

+1

we have..Rsr,Rd,DI,Central,nkworld,rank,Gpc,Iraceonline...
    Omg too many pages..Just keep it simple guys..At first i confused where is the championships wheres the rank wheres pick up races,where is serious where is fun....Too many
    Jaap has the rank,here in rsr another rank,in nkworld another rank...
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:51 am

laurent resende wrote:Martin hey, no secrets for me! I took 60 years Tuesday lol !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I should not be the young !!!!!! old !!!!!!!I think my friend is older Ron Attwood netkar - Polls at netKar Central. 8461 netkar - Polls at netKar Central. 8461 netkar - Polls at netKar Central. 8461
    happy Bday....Laurent...im 42y, young rokkie driver.... netkar - Polls at netKar Central. 67322
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:06 am

Vaggelis Theodoridis wrote:
    Steve Crawnshaw wrote:

+1

we have..Rsr,Rd,DI,Central,nkworld,rank,Gpc,Iraceonline...
    Omg too many pages..Just keep it simple guys..At first i confused where is the championships wheres the rank wheres pick up races,where is serious where is fun....Too many
    Jaap has the rank,here in rsr another rank,in nkworld another rank...

netkarcentral is designed to help people find all of these sites. I was as confused as you. People were talking about sites i've not heard of and it all got confusing to remember. we set up nkc to act as a hub that everybody knew about, and to make it easy to find leagues and resources that they need.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:16 am

Giancarlo thank you, you should organize a championship of old netkar - Polls at netKar Central. 8461 !!!!! lol 40 to 65, indicating that wearing crutches and prosthesis are banned netkar - Polls at netKar Central. 8461 netkar - Polls at netKar Central. 8461 !!!!!! lol lol!
    Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vaggelis Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:25 am

No offence Hussey but the truth is that many guys are confused with so many sites.Try if u can to cooperate.Im not writing just to make a post.We have everybody to cooparate.For example theres no reason to have many ranks..Only one that everybody will know it.Now when KS2 champ finished rsr anounced the osella cup.I was confused because they have it in nkworld.Imagine if we start in our forum to make championships(gvrteam.gr)...some people will come to us and the result will be small grids everywhere.
    Im not telling that ur not helping.I dont know if central finishes what benefits will have to give us.As it now imo it doesnt have something to help me(even the setup guides..i have many guides from inernet...).We are not 20.000 nkpro racers..We are 8000(maybe less)..If we become big community then do it.For example:make one place for setups,for pick up races,for serious races(champs),for rank,for race history(replays,stats..),downloads(tracks,sounds..)...Everyone know about nkpro problems(except from software problems),i mean in online u see 10 guys playing..Many guys dont join a server because its empty,when someone joins suddenly the server has 6-7 people.If everybody knew in one site that today there will be race in this track/car we may achive more people online!

I think u understand my point.The result will be to have all people in one place..More participations..bigger grids..And if someone buys nkpro he will say: where i will find the nkpro racers? Oh there!...
    I wrote them in general not specific to u Hussey
    Pls understand my point of u.I just love nkpro and want to help!

(i know big post,sry..)
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:39 am

lets not forget the owners of each of these sites (RSR, iraceonline, netkar central, nkworld) want THEIR site to be #1. to try and do this, they are realeasing new things which will hopefully gauge more interest to their department. let me explain:

RSR seems to be the main place for the community. they have a fantastic development team who have created some wonderful tracks, skins, sounds and so on. on top of this, they are hosting leagues and championships where the majority of the keen netkar pro racers tend to drive.

netkar central wants to be the place where everything is based - setups, skins, tracks - sort of like "THE" nkpro database. this is where people will go for all the setup help, car setups, skins and whatnot. now we have 2 websites who are trying to reach the same goals - both RSR and netkar central are trying to advertise all the fantastic content which is being released. i blame neither of them because obviously RSR are responsible and nkcentral is advertising and aquiring this content.

iraceonline came out of nowhere (i still dont even know who they are) and everybody was fascinated because of their hotlap website. this is a VERY good idea and rather than host their own seperate page, imbed or link it into the RSR page (as it has already been done - so it will update on the RSR page and jaap page).

we also have nkworld who has some fantastic event / race organisations. this is where it gets complicated because thats 3 different websites you have to sign up to to get pretty much the same content / results.

what needs to be done is RSR integrate with jaaps page? (for the hotlaps and ranks) and netkar central integrate with nkworld for the quick events and content. now we only have 2 organisations where before we had 4, but was twice as complicated.

the only problem is having all these ranks :S

understand? thought so Very Happy
    Steve Crawnshaw
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Steve Crawnshaw Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:39 am

MikaRaymond wrote:lets not forget the owners of each of these sites (RSR, iraceonline, netkar central, nkworld) want THEIR site to be #1.

If the owners of the site want to make the netkar community as big as possible then they should forget about who has the biggest penis and work together. This place seems to have the most people who speak different languages and I think would be a great place to start. Just my two cents. right now I really don't care because I can't get online anyways.
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:04 am

happy birthday Laurent.. bon aniversaire ... hope to see you soon in next championship : )
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:05 am

excuse my spelling ^^
    Very Happy
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:09 am

MikaRaymond wrote:lets not forget the owners of each of these sites (RSR, iraceonline, netkar central, nkworld) want THEIR site to be #1. to try and do this, they are realeasing new things which will hopefully gauge more interest to their department. let me explain:

RSR seems to be the main place for the community. they have a fantastic development team who have created some wonderful tracks, skins, sounds and so on. on top of this, they are hosting leagues and championships where the majority of the keen netkar pro racers tend to drive.

netkar central wants to be the place where everything is based - setups, skins, tracks - sort of like "THE" nkpro database. this is where people will go for all the setup help, car setups, skins and whatnot. now we have 2 websites who are trying to reach the same goals - both RSR and netkar central are trying to advertise all the fantastic content which is being released. i blame neither of them because obviously RSR are responsible and nkcentral is advertising and aquiring this content.

iraceonline came out of nowhere (i still dont even know who they are) and everybody was fascinated because of their hotlap website. this is a VERY good idea and rather than host their own seperate page, imbed or link it into the RSR page (as it has already been done - so it will update on the RSR page and jaap page).

we also have nkworld who has some fantastic event / race organisations. this is where it gets complicated because thats 3 different websites you have to sign up to to get pretty much the same content / results.

what needs to be done is RSR integrate with jaaps page? (for the hotlaps and ranks) and netkar central integrate with nkworld for the quick events and content. now we only have 2 organisations where before we had 4, but was twice as complicated.

I understand the confusion, Mika, but luckily there is no fight between all of us. Actually I would say just the opposite.
    I will try to explain starting from some more year ago:
    Back in the days, netKar PRO, was all around Jaap's websites. He organized THE nk championship (GPC), he created gpcos, he created the rank, he created the first nk track editing guide, he wrote nk manual, he was in contact with Kunos, he converted tracks... (I can continue for half an hour). On the top of that he was one of the faster guys out there, winning almost everything in nk.
    Since the beginning of nk namie, Jaap name was everywhere. I remember about him from the very beginning (maybe 8-10 years ago).
    Giancarlo and I started our team and this forum, just for fun, 1,5 years ago, after our first GPC championship together, just to continue training when gpc was on hold.
    Jaap and I got really good friends (I've been to his house also, and he came here), and we always tried to help each other. I'm helping him for gpc, for example, where I'm one of the Race Directors. He helped us for many things also.
    For us, one of the main idea was always offering one more option for the community, but always not competing with other websites.
    Our championships are always on hold when Jaap want to organize something. In that case we move there and help him out.

nKRank, at the moment is on hold (not officially, but in practice), since it contains mixed data from the 1.1 on.
    that's why we have some small hotlap now.
    Our hotlap, is just to handle this temporary problem with the rank (where at the moment not all tracks/cars are logged), and to have something to understand what's going on in the week before the race.

Jaap main idea is to organize events, and to update the rank when the 1.3 is stable.

Same goes for the other websites. iraceonline, created by Stefano Schivari, is mainly an italian website. Stefano is very good, and he created some very nice features like hotlap, rank and a lot of other little nice features.
    Stefano helped me a lot. He created our website, and he gave me also the hotlap and help me out solving other problems.

nKworld? also the same. As soon as they started I've seen huge potential there. Gergo is a great programmer and together with Laszlo they have a lot of nice ideas. I'm helping them out, giving suggestions, and sharing with them some ideas we had in the past. I help them translating their wiki also.

nkCentral? I offered my help, but...I don't really know how to help there Smile

and then there are a lot of other communities that organize events (in germany, russia, spain, brasil...)

In any cases we try always to be friends to everyone here. nK is such a small, and nice community that there is no reason to fight.

Lately, thank to Kunos, and to the many track developers, a lot of nice new things came out for nkpro, and I'm really happy about how much the community grow up in the last years.
    Still not as many people in the servers as I wish, but I hope this will change, sooner or later. This sim deserve it.

It would be a dream to have 1 website for all, but it's not that easy
    I think what is really missing is a good feedback for all those websites, to help them to grow in the right direction.
    Hopefully we will have soon something to group them all.

Uff...I wrote much more than I expected. Sorry for the long post!
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:

I'd just like to give my perspective on a sort of timeline with my thoughts on the last year. Its been crazy!

Last year i started playing nKPro after a looong gap. I joined the GPC F2000 cup. At that time, RSR was nothing compared to what it is now. Reading the forums, i was bewildered by what people knew, and stunned that there was often little or no written knowledge. It seemed that everybody was communicating via telepathy. People knew stuff and i had no idea where the knowledge was coming from. At that point myself and Ollie Camp decided to start working on a site to help out people who are new to netkar. We had plans to roll some Pro rank functionality into the site, along with file sharing and hosting to get people off these shitty Advert packed free download sites.

A few months later, the RSR championship was announced. and we picked up the pace a little to get things ready before that started. I had heard of iraceonline, but didnt really get what it was about. In fact i've learned more from this thread about it than i previously did.

We announced on the RSR forums the existance of netkarcentral. Literally hours later, nkworld was announced.

Nothing much has happened since then, sites have evolved and been added to, but the community itself has exploded. nkc has almost 100 users, and a lot of those users dont appear to be registered here.

Our aim is not to compete with RSR/GPC/nKworld etc. I know we wouldnt stand a chance in a battle like that. All we want is useful content. Tutorials, Guides, Tracks, Setups. Because i dont believe that a forum is the correct place for that. Forums are for discussions. They dont look after important content very well. We have no intention of running a league. We dont want to run races to compete with RSR.

What i would like to see is the community writing articles to help each other out. Unfortunately it seems that a lot of the people that actually know stuff are keeping it too close to their chest.

Andrea, if you want to help, i hear RSR has a good track building guide. I'd love to host it.

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:37 pm

The real problem is that there is no time for us to create a good track guide. We have a section, in which we share what we know, and of course I agree with you that maybe a blog/website would be better. The only (big) problem is time!
    I reviewed the very good Jaap's guide on track development. I hope he will finalize it soon. Time is a big issue for him also Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm