Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+6
marco boni
Olivier Boissel
M Waechter
Luca Seghieri
MikaRaymond
Andrea Lojelo
10 posters

10 March 2011: Newbury

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

10 March 2011: Newbury Empty 10 March 2011: Newbury

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Second race of the Osella Series: Newbury

Here is the schedule:
    21:00 (GTM+1) Briefing in our Chat
    Qualification: 15 minutes. allowed 9 laps maximum including in and out laps.
    Warmup: 5 min (waiting time before the race session)
    Race 1: 13 laps
    Warmup: 5 min (waiting time before the race session)
    Race 2: 39 laps

In case of rain Race 2 will be of 26 laps.
    Races will be in Full Mode.

Real weather

Check here the rank time for this track

10 March 2011: Newbury Osellac2newbury
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

10 March 2011: Newbury Empty Re: 10 March 2011: Newbury

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:12 am

2006?
    Luca Seghieri
    Luca Seghieri
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca Seghieri Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:14 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:2006?

yes 2006.You can see version of track and more other here http://www.radiators-champ.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=9
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:25 am

I'm quite surprised that no one asked for it yet, but we will consider the green kerb extension after T1, part of the track.
    So, just for this particular corner, you can ride with the 4 tires on the kerb extension, if you want. The kerb extension is very narrow, so will not make so much difference in this case, and it's pretty common for some drivers to use it.

This has to be consideres as an exception of the general rule.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:54 pm

I know we can find the link of the Entry list for Osella in the Aviano-topic.., but wouldn't it be 'better' to add a link to the Osella series Entry List also linked somewhere on the main page ? (There is just an Entry List link that leads to the KS2 series..).

If not then everyone can just copy and paste the right link somewhere in a document as I did.. -that solves searching for it of course.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:25 am

server with password online.
    password in the control center.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:45 pm

guys please don't forget your allocation for tonight.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:17 pm

rain? Very Happy
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:20 pm

doesn't seems to be. predictions say very low chance of rain for tonight
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    Qualification: 15 minutes. allowed 9 laps maximum including in and out laps.
    just as a reminder: only 9 laps for the qualification. think about your strategy.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:09 pm

10 March 2011: Newbury 33
    Fair: 0% Rain
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:24 pm

btw.: Is an inlap in qualification session always mandatory or could you do even just a outlap + hotlap and roll out without fuel in the inlap in the last seconds of the qualifying (to save even more fuel weight) -just regarding the very last run ?
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:46 pm

you can do whatever you want. most people just put enough fuel in for a slow inlap / outlap and do 2 flying (fastest) laps Wink
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:51 pm

you choose. Just be careful not to do more than 9 laps otherwise you will loose your time. nK will not give you any alert when you will run out of laps. That's why I'm saying plan your strategy in advance.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:10 pm

pretty silly rule but ok Smile
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:20 am

I don't like it either, to be honest, but was suggested by a group of users, so we wanted to try it.
    I will open a poll to see whether we need to keep it or not
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:33 am

from this point on i refuse to race with people who i dont think are capable of racing safely - mainly the newcomers. i trust the people i know and have had experiences with, but the new guys, sorry.

having only discovered the "9 lap qualy" rule 10 minutes before the event, i made sure i didnt do 9 qualifying laps. i managed p2 with 53.0s, but still found myself at the back of the field even though i didnt do 9 laps? a few others were also at the back because of the same reason (lallo for example) but i managed a faster quali time than him, but he still started ahead of me? this is a stupid rule.

race 1 lasted about 10 metres. there was a huge pileup at the back which forced me to esc to pits. i sat there for 10 minutes (the race lasted 11 minutes...). once the 10 minute timer had finished, a 60min timer immediately followed?! this meant i got a DNF for race 1.

race 2 was much much much better. i started from the back again, passed half the field before t4 and again, boom. some idiots just dont know how to race safely. again, this put me straight back into the pits. i sat there patiently for another 10 minutes but again, another 45min timer?!

i dont know if anyone has any control over fullmode (such as the server admins) but it needs sorting. also andrea, i seriously think you should decide on the rules before the champ even starts. adding rules "here and there" to "try them out" is ridiculous. i know you want to improve the system but this is the only champ ive come across who add rules inbetween races. stick to what you have.

sorry for being a bit forward but its the truth.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:53 am

rules in between races? not at all. the rule of the 9 laps on the qualification was there from the beginning.

I can understand you are disappointed about your race, Mika, but, first of all this doesn't allow you to chat during races.

Chatting during race is very disturbing. I lost concentration for on more guy that said something else, and I ended up my race because of that.
    This is unacceptable.

In full mode, reparation times depends on the entity of the accident. It's common that nk shows you 10 min and then continue the counting to finish other reparation. usually the first 10 min are just because of the go to box. It's normal, not a bug.
    In any case 10 min reparation are already 0 points because you have to complete the 50% of the race to gain points.

From the other side, I agree with you. People should be a bit less aggressive and more careful during races, especially a long one.
    We always say to be careful, but still people risk sometimes a bit too much.
    But even, incidents are just part of racing. Before shouting on the forum, at least we should spend 5 min to check the replay, chill out, and, maybe the day after after checking the replay of the other party also, we can say something here also.

Those are our rules. No flames! and more important no bad comments just after the race!

One more comment I've seen on the chat. Someone said that couldn't connect during the race. This is normal. it was something that we decided after this poll.
    It's not all bad though! I had a wonderful race with Simon and Luca. Really tough, but always correct battle. Really well done guys
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:59 am

MikaRaymond wrote:
    having only discovered the "9 lap qualy" rule 10 minutes before the event, i made sure i didnt do 9 qualifying laps. i managed p2 with 53.0s, but still found myself at the back of the field even though i didnt do 9 laps? a few others were also at the back because of the same reason (lallo for example) but i managed a faster quali time than him, but he still started ahead of me? this is a stupid rule.

logs say something different
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:02 am

results are up
    Olivier Boissel
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Olivier Boissel Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:04 am

Hi.

Good race for you on first race and good race for me on second race.
    But I think to all out driver's due to crash before the first corner on race one (including me : I really like to watch replay about that) and the second crash on second race before turn 4 .

I think that lot of us are very impatient and did not really take care of the other's.

It could be really more exiting to do race with all of the drivers.

Perhaps a first lap formation could be a good solution to resolve that ; I did this kind of start on an other championship.

See you.

MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:15 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:rules in between races? not at all. the rule of the 9 laps on the qualification was there from the beginning.

I can understand you are disappointed about your race, Mika, but, first of all this doesn't allow you to chat during races.

Chatting during race is very disturbing. I lost concentration for on more guy that said something else, and I ended up my race because of that.
    This is unacceptable.

In full mode, reparation times depends on the entity of the accident. It's common that nk shows you 10 min and then continue the counting to finish other reparation. usually the first 10 min are just because of the go to box. It's normal, not a bug.
    In any case 10 min reparation are already 0 points because you have to complete the 50% of the race to gain points.

From the other side, I agree with you. People should be a bit less aggressive and more careful during races, especially a long one.
    We always say to be careful, but still people risk sometimes a bit too much.
    But even, incidents are just part of racing. Before shouting on the forum, at least we should spend 5 min to check the replay, chill out, and, maybe the day after after checking the replay of the other party also, we can say something here also.

Those are our rules. No flames! and more important no bad comments just after the race!

One more comment I've seen on the chat. Someone said that couldn't connect during the race. This is normal. it was something that we decided after this poll.
    It's not all bad though! I had a wonderful race with Simon and Luca. Really tough, but always correct battle. Really well done guys

yes, i apologise for the chat. it shall not happen again. please understand that its the natural thing to do when someone hits you at full force from behind twice in a row.

so youre basically saying its 10 minutes (minimum) plus more time because of the severity of the incident? i dont buy that. how does nk know how bad or not a crash is? its a bug. if it wasnt a bug then why was it set to 45 & 60 minutes? either way it needs looking into. maybe i did something wrong? (dont know how thats possible). im in favour of full mode but we cant use it if its buggy. everyone knows about the fuel one but im just confused why i had to wait for 60 mins?
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:20 am

group B:
    Race 1 was very clean and constant, I was close to the guy in front of me all the time, quite at the same speed and finished at 7th position.
    Race 2 began a bit unlucky: I was side by side with someone in turn 2 and 3 -me on the inside of turn 3- then I slided a bit (as usual there for me) and we touched (edit: after watching the replay I can say it was also pretty much a lag accident, still some space between us -his car behind mine- but crash for his car..), somehow my car was broken (axis), becasue it was not able to move anymore. So ESC -> back to pits, waited the penalty time and returned on track.. later on on the track again I was behind Marques who was quite a bit slower then me, so I decided to overtake him again although I was 13 laps behind: just in the exact moment I drove out of his racing line to begin the overtaking his car discovered still a lag crash.. -unlucky moment for him, this lag crashes happen sometime when two cars get very close in NKPro.. :-\. One corner later (at the last turn) another guy (N. Perutelli) got very close behind me, because I drove a bit unclean after that incident with Marques happened at the corner before, discovered a lag crash on his own car too (edit: after watching the replay I would say he was simply much to close at the straight and simply drove into my rear..). shit happenes I would say :-\ Wink, it is not only our driving even the netcode can cause such negatively surprising moments.

replay of groupB:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20114428/RSR_osella_newbury_groupB_races.rar

Last edited by M Waechter on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:12 am; edited 5 times in total
    marco boni
    marco boni
    Driver
    Driver

Post by marco boni Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:25 am

ottima serata in gruppo c,nella prima gara sono arrivato terzo,i due davanti mi sono scappati e ciao,nella seconda sarei arrivato terzo di nuovo,ma hanno fatto patatrack mosca e minienko e allora primo,
    mi sono divertito,tutto e filato liscio
    ciao a tutti
    Sergio Marques
    Sergio Marques
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Sergio Marques Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:41 am

Waechter, I was going to pit in that lap, so I give you the inside line.You were 13 laps behind? And fighting with me? Really great!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm