Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+14
Kamran Choudhry
Andrea Lanzino
Simon Bevcic-batina
Antonio Lallo
Attilio Barba
giancarlo graziano
Oliver Kreuer
Fabio Grippa
MikaRaymond
davide zardin
Marco Dugan
Vaggelis
Oleg Atiskov
Andrea Lojelo
18 posters

14 April 2011: Sepang

davide zardin
    davide zardin
    Driver
    Driver

2011 - 14 April 2011: Sepang - Page 3 Empty Re: 14 April 2011: Sepang

Post by davide zardin Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:42 pm

anche io sono stato bloccato da un errore che mi ha cacciato dal server spero di raccimolare qualche punto se ho superato metà gara
    mi spiace perchè stavo andando bene
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:47 pm

same here. I had my first CTD in nk! Such a pity I was 5th at -6 laps to the end. it was going to be a nice battle with Paolo, that was following at few seconds.
    better luck next time
    Andrea Lanzino
    Andrea Lanzino
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrea Lanzino Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:55 pm

run time error...
    hang application and ctd...first time ever
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:55 pm

was to 21 lap, the pc crashed
    the error report:

Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: nks.exe, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x4d5e40b7
    Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: MSVCR90.dll, versione: 9.0.30729.4974, timestamp: 0x4b7a226f
    Codice eccezione: 0x40000015
    Offset errore 0x0005beae
    ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0x9d8
    Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01cbfadabb29ba65
    Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: C:\nkpro13\nks.exe
    Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4974_none_50940634bcb759cb\MSVCR90.dll
    ID segnalazione: 1935c1bc-66d8-11e0-8782-7071bcce6cab

I make a complaint to the direction of the race, at Sepang today was just cloudy, not
    it was raining. lol!
    http://www.zoover.it/malesia/malesia/sepang-kuala-lumpur-airport/meteo
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:17 am

no replay ...sorrry..... the file cr is corrupt save only 1 minut no more...
    whit out replay I this isnt easy to found the result............................
    was a great race !
    Kamran Choudhry
    Kamran Choudhry
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Kamran Choudhry Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:25 am

Didn't do single lap of practice so just decided to grab as many points as I could. I had to leave the server once to turn down my graphics as I was having some framerate issues.
    Decided to start from the pits. Got going decently but I was mostly off pace. Managed to bring it home in 4th. Smile
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:15 am

replay group A -full 25 laps replay, because I was one of the guys that did not have a ctd- :
    https://rapidshare.com/files/457454273/RSR_FormulaKS2_Sepang_group_A_ctd_for_some_cars.zip

My general speed in rain is a bit slow compared to many of the pro dirvers :\. On the first stint my speed was quite bad (not much control of the rear after the first two driven laps because of less grip and 'oversteering' on the wet track), so at my pitstop in lap 13 I increased my rear wing form 29 to 30 (30 / 30) and after this the car was a bit more reliable to drive, resulting in a much better second stint compared to the first one.

Last edited by M Waechter on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:52 am

considering what happened on server A, i think it is only fair for me to voice my opinion in that we should set the results from the grid before the first CTD happened (which was myself on lap 12/13). i think this is the most fair thing to do because the results were made by a faulty server and not by driver mistakes.

does anyone agree / disagree?
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:10 am

We are analyzing different solutions, but I'm afraid that any decision will have downsides.

My personal opinion on this is that it wouldn't be easy to decide take results at lap X, Y or Z as proposed by someone. Which lap should we choose? why?

At the end some of us had crashes to desktop (the most of us). The luckiest got more points, others got less.

Anyone could argue in the future that his CTD isn't fair for some reason. What should we do? Repeat all the races or alter all results?

In the past, for example,I lost my 3rd place in a race because i got -1 lap stopping at the pit. is it fair? well...errors due to bugs or any other reason (internet goes down, or whatever else) for me has to be considered just as mechanical failures.

One day will happen to me, on other day will happen to someone else.

Obviously I'm disappointed that I lost my 5th place, especially because I was having a lot of fun battling with Paolo, and because my team mate was in 3rd, but it's part of the game! We both lost a lot of points.
    Tough luck!

Someone else got some unexpected points.
    It's a long championship. I'm sure good drivers will get in the position they deserve.

Rain is a gamble for everyone. Apparently electrical storm created some problems tonight! Smile
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:42 am

as a championship administrator you have to make decisions that are the most fair to each individual driver and the most balanced. obviously race incidents happen where a driver is to blame but something such as a server error is quite different, as it had nothing to do with an error or crash caused by a driver. as it happened to everyone (yes, a pity they were on different laps) i believe the most fair thing to do is to use the results from the grid at the first CTD. in fact the grid doesnt look any different from lap 13 than 23.

we all know people will be loosing out whatever the outcome - i loose 15 points if nothing happens and fabio looses 15 points if you do decide to do the above, but you have to come to a compromise and balance which all drivers are happy with.

perhaps we should do a vote where the drivers from group A can choose which outcome we can have. at the end of the day we should be the ones who choose the outcome of the race at such incidents because its a real shame it ended this way. of course these things happen sometimes but the best thing we can do is discuss with each driver on their feelings.

the only other idea i have is that we do a sprint-race but obviously that would impede our china testing.

you also need to look into the reason why it happened in order to reduce chances of it happening again. personally i dont think its fair that half the grid got disconnected (when you are more than 30s up on the mid-field) and the backmarkers get all the points. im not a sore looser, id still be saying the same thing if i was in p2 or p3 or p4 - im trying to look at it from an outsiders' point of view. i honestly think its the best decision and many other drivers think so too. remember, the guys who won got "free points" Twisted Evil

its a real shame Sad

Last edited by MikaRaymond on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kamran Choudhry
    Kamran Choudhry
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Kamran Choudhry Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:53 am

I have to disagree with Mika here. It's not really fair to make the results stand before the first CTD. I think you either count the results as they are or do not count the results to any of the races at Sepang.

As for wet weather driving, as Oliver and I alluded to on postchat, racedepartment had a league race in the wet and several drivers experienced random CTD's on different laps. Obviously there are stability issues with driving in the rain. So I would recommend not doing any wet weather racing from here on out until this problem is fixed.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:33 am

MikaRaymond wrote: remember, the guys who won got "free points" Twisted Evil

its a real shame Sad

I know you are still a pretty young person, who don't want to lose his points/race, so I understand your feelings Wink (I was young too in the past Smile Very Happy ).
    But regarding this particular race at least noone of the top drivers got much 'free points', all of them had a CTD. So the general point distribution of this race is not that much unfair.
    At least you still got good 11 points, the point-difference between Steverink at p6 and you at p13 is not that much, it's just 7 points... .
    The guys who got the most points this time will have nothing to do with the top of the grid in the end, they are just average drivers and nothing much more Wink (except perhaps F. Grippa and maybe me here and there).
    paolo taradash
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paolo taradash Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:22 am

it was a big pity the server's defaillance. the race was clean and exciting. i started at 13th place and make a nice comeback. with some good overtake and some unlucky freeze of other drivers i begun the 23 lap at second place, then the server crashed also for me. the worst end for a great race, i was enjoyning a lot the fight with andrea, we always had hard and real clean duels. i really was unhappy when he was victim of the server's crash some lap before me. would be nice to repeat the race or have a restart from lap 13, but seems that is no chance to do it. so, it's better to accept the actual final standing. the championship is yet long enough.
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:38 am

I see that the main debate is the question of the points, I do not care, I'm just sorry that it was the first race I could finish without stopping, without breaks,
    even though I was already 'been lapped 2 times.
    now the cause of the crash is to be found in the logs of the server host, may have been a drop in bandwidth or an increase in the table, I do not think the rain was causing the problem.
    Possibly you could pass the gaming server with a tool that runs on Linux, to examine any intruders, guys I have my idea but I will talk 'in private with the boss.

I tested the dll error that I think is the same for everyone, I need to know.
    file that Microsoft has a security problem, likely those who have not had the crash had also fixed with the update, the other not.

I, as I wrote, I had almost withdrawn from around the league, because Tuesday u.s., thieves entered a home and I have taken everything away, then I have taken the words of Giancarlo and Marco.
    I think there are radiators in the house of someone entered without permission.
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:11 am

So, guys, I was in the third position when the first server crash happened...so, finally, I gain two position which means 6 or 7 points...

I've driven for all the race without any suspect that most of the people were out...Just I thought that Mika and Marteen were on 2 stint race!!!

I'll agree with the results decided by the champ administrator, but I would prefer to have the points considering the position before the first crash...I would loose my lead in the champ standing but I would be no disappointed...Mika and Marteen were faster then me here at Sepang...that's all.

I undesrstand Andrea what you mean, but in this case the server crash happend to most of the people!!! It wasn't just matter of two or three people....

Anyway a good race, a lot of fun on wet having Daniele close to mine for the first 9 or 10 laps!!!
    f.gek
    ---
    ---

Post by f.gek Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:14 am

Mia opinione in merito Sicuramente è stato un evento anormale quello che ctd multiplo e ritengo abbastanza difficile trovare una soluzione veramente equa. Ogni gara finisce alla bandiera a scacchi, e sulla pioggia risulta ancora piu insidiosa. In tutti i casi ci sarà qualcuno penalizzato. Le uniche due che al momento penso possano essere valutate sono le seguenti: 1) Tutto rimane in questo modo e chi è stato sfortunato, potra fare meglio la prossima gara 2) Applicare come punto di arrivo il giro fino al quale tutto si è svolto regolarmente, applicando la regola dei punteggi f1, punteggio dimezzato se non si è raggiunto il 75 %. Ripetere la gara non credo sia applicabile. In tutti i casi penso che la decisione finale spetta esclusivamente al direttore di gara e non a un referendum popolare My opinion on Surely it was an abnormal event that multiple CTD and I think quite hard to find a truly equitable solution. Each race ends at the checkered flag, and the rain is even more insidious. In all cases there will be someone penalized. The only two that I think the time may be assessed are: 1) All stays that way and who was unlucky, we could do better the next race 2) Apply as a point of coming round to which everything has been carried out, applying the rule of F1 scores, score halved if you have not reached 75%. Repeat the race I do not think is applicable. In all cases I think the final decision rests solely with the race director and not a referendum
    Oliver Kreuer
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Oliver Kreuer Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:25 am

Good Morning,

good that this race is finished. Was so taff. Had a realy nice fight with Davide Zardin, i think, in the first 10 laps. Until he spun :-( Then my race went on an on.
    I didnt realy know on which place I am. Until suddenly i saw that everybody was gone. I thought nooo, because we had a rainrace at racedepartement a few weeks ago. There happened the same. Only four guys finsihed that race, including me. I like my computer cause it doesnt kick me of the server the second time, while everybody was kicked
    2011 - 14 April 2011: Sepang - Page 3 29413 dont know why.

After that race a big discussion come a up. Considering the points and behaving of people and so on. In the end i quitted there as a driver. Dont want to mention the reasons.

Ok now for this race i dont realy want to say something. I think mika's way of stop the race before the first ctd is an plausible reason. On the other hand i can understand andrea's post considering the mechanical problems. It is also an plausible reason. So guys i am quiet now and will see what the admins will do.

But not again Sepang in rain 2011 - 14 April 2011: Sepang - Page 3 756700 i am finished .... Wink

Greetings from Germany and cu next time in China. Very nice and fun track over there. Cant wait!!!
    Oleg Atiskov
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Oleg Atiskov Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:30 am

its just unbelieveble((((((((!!!!!!!!!!!my nkp yestarday was server 0/1/// just dont see servers((((((( a lot testing not bad times on testing.. i was going to get a good point (oh.. why i was allocated in group B again??????) and such problem with NKP((((( very pity((((((((((ehee((see u in shanhai (not my favorite track)
    Oleg Atiskov
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Oleg Atiskov Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:32 am

please open new topic with shanhai (link to download and ranksystem server) its only 1 week before race..
    Piers Structures
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Piers Structures Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:08 pm

I was in Group C so I have nothing to gain or lose whatever is decided. Racing is a game of skill and luck. You can have bad luck - mechanical failure or the guy next to you in the corner spinning into your car. You can have good luck - someone elses mechanical failure or the really fast guy in front of you being taken out by the guy alongside him spinning. I'm a midfield driver or worse, yet I'll win some pickup races through a little skill and a bit of luck. I'm not fast but I am fairly consistent and seem to end up in the gravel less than many faster drivers, so I pick up places when they spin out and when those up front challenging for the lead, trip over each other and end up licking their wounds back in the box. I'm entitled to those wins and I'm entitled to feel good about them - even if I do so in the knowledge that I'm never going to be the fastest guy on the track. I'd feel a bit peeved if others technical bad luck was overturned and I lost points.

A race is not won in the first corner and a championship is not won in a single race. Luck may play a part but in a campaign of many races, luck will fall here and there. In the end it will even out so that for the overall championship the biggest single factor will be skill. Unless of course I win, then you can all say I was lucky!

Let the results stand. If you want to be generous allow people who experienced ctd's to get some points where they otherwise wouldn't have completed enough laps to be eligible. That's my two pence worth (and hey, you get what you pay for!).
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Piers - the whole server caused people to crash on different laps, so it had nothing to do with driver error. i was comfortably in the lead and because of the crash, it means people who were 30 or 40 seconds behind get the points. i dont think thats fair. lets not forget were all here to gain maximum points and to be disallowed half of them in a single race due to a server error isnt fair.

ill accept whatever the admins decide for sure. if they decide to leave them stand then lets do that. ive lost out on too many wins, podiums, points and ultimately a championship because of other people's errors - i accepted that because i know racing accidents happen, but when its a server issue and im not allowed the points i deserve, its a different matter. even fabio (who won the race) believes we should take the results from the CTD.
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:15 pm

.............. Very Happy a little tribute for the 3th great races we was played
    amazing track , amazing drivers....amazing champ......

thanks to all drivers
    Very Happy ....
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:07 pm

wow, unbelieveable work Graziano !
    I'm admiring this complex league videos, especially this one looks like that there is a lot of work in it 2011 - 14 April 2011: Sepang - Page 3 361709 .

I could not do such videos.., just very basic things with my virtual dub software Smile.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:21 pm

wow! fantastic video G! very well done
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:22 pm

@Mika: The problem is that we probably could not repeat the event so easily (maybe not everyone might have the time also) and giving points to the pos. at lap 13 is not a very good idea also, because every driver has a different kind of 'race-treatment' (for example me slow in the first stint but better in the second/final stint).

but I agree btw. that it might have been something to do with the server, because I noticed no usual full-mode like fuel filling time as I did the refilling at my pitstop in lap 13.., box-operations behaved like in free-practice (not fully a full mode anymore perhaps after the first CTDs came up ?, don't know)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:40 am