Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+15
Paul O'Brien
Luca Mosca
Clive Melbourne
M Waechter
davide zardin
Kamran Choudhry
Marco Dugan
Fabio Grippa
Piers Structures
Simon Bevcic-batina
Andrea Lanzino
Oleg Atiskov
Oliver Kreuer
MikaRaymond
Andrea Lojelo
19 posters

21 April 2011: Shanghai

Simon Bevcic-batina
    Simon Bevcic-batina
    Driver
    Driver

2011 - 21 April 2011: Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: 21 April 2011: Shanghai

Post by Simon Bevcic-batina Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:55 pm

mezzo giro alla fine(ero primo) va pc in tilt!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad

2011 - 21 April 2011: Shanghai - Page 2 659651 2011 - 21 April 2011: Shanghai - Page 2 888881

Cool
    Kamran Choudhry
    Kamran Choudhry
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Kamran Choudhry Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:10 am

Like I said last race, it's not a server issue. It's a netkar issue, and if it's the same people CTD'ing. It's something that's on their computer that netkar is not happy with. That being said, with so many people having the problem it definitely has to be considered a netkar issue. It's not a coincidence that in 3 of 3 wet races(2 @ RSR, 1 @ Racedepartment), people suffer CTD's.

As I recommended after last race, do not do anymore wet weather racing. Someone who is close to Kunos should report this as it's a pretty serious problem.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:27 am

again unbelievealbe how fast guys are in wet, I always do a very understeering setup with no rear ARB and a high ARB at the front. with much fuel it was difficult but in the last laps I got much faster despite the used tires (0 stop) and was a little bit faster than Oliver in the end of the race, just after doing my fastest lap in race the game freezed in the follwing lap(s), -by pressing ESC I got back on the serverscreen anyway, so PC did not freeze completely as it looked like at first.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:10 am

Oleg Atiskov wrote:in race i cant fill the car???? or what?why i entered pit change tyres push fill the car and it 3562.0 in garage?? why that?

This is just an usual bug of NKPro (it was and is still there, since the very first versions of NK).
    To work around this bug: You need just to push the "+" button one more if it shows such a high time-value like 3562.0 or klick on 'fill' with another value than the chosen one and the timer will be normal again.. .
    When this happens to me I just 'klick around' a bit on these buttons.. ('+' , '-' and 'fill') until the value is normal again and have reached my aimed fuel-value (hopefully) Wink.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:52 am

does anyone have the group A and B replay please?
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:18 am

After the race yesterday we notice that me, Gek and Oliver didn't have CTD in both races, that is strange. All of us (Oliver can you confirm?) use graphic not to maximum setting (in my case medium setting and 1 step down of resolution)...Since before the CTD people seem to loose some FPS, could this problem be related to graphic? I also notice very low FPS in just one lap, than everything go back to normal while people start to crash....
    Could the problem be high resolution and wet races?

One more, as I finished the race and I went out of game, my PC was frozen for 3 or 4 minutes...It looks to happen just after wet races....no idea if this is important, but I think every opinion can help understanding the problem...

Nothing more to say about race, I was in 5th or 6th position, I did 15 laps with Paul close behind me in 1 second!! Then CTD starts to happen.....
    Oliver Kreuer
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Oliver Kreuer Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:04 am

Hey,

yes Fabio i can confirm this. The Second race here were everyone was kicked, but not me. And the thirt rain races overal, with this error. We had a rain race at racedepartement. And i was also one of the three last guys on the server.

My Graphic is set to the lowest possible. Only my Resolution and color depth is normal. No AA and so on ....

One other thing that i noticed, at the beginning the sign with laps and positions worked propper, but then suddenly from 9 laps left, it stops and stays at 9 laps. Dont know if this relateted to this proplem.
    Oleg Atiskov
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Oleg Atiskov Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 am

[quote="Oliver Kreuer"]Hey,
    One other thing that i noticed, at the beginning the sign with laps and positions worked propper, but then suddenly from 9 laps left, it stops and stays at 9 laps. Dont know if this relateted to this proplem.[/quoti have such problem in mugello (or bahrain)
    Piers Structures
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Piers Structures Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:50 am

Unfortunately technical problems took me out before the start. I'd put in a lot of practice for this race and had developed a reasonable qualification and race setup. I was looking forward to it. Got in from work, had some dinner, fired up my main PC and ... no network connectivity. I spent the next 40 mins frantically trying everything I could think of to restore it - nothing worked. Finally gave up, fired up a laptop and removed my allocation. Gutted.

Sad to read today there were more problems with CTD's. Rain surely has to be a suspect. The server's been solid for the practice sessions which were all dry.
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:56 am

Yes Oliver, I also have no AA, no antialias and so on....It should be something related to graphic at this point....
    Oleg Atiskov
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Oleg Atiskov Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:08 pm

open Turkey topic with track, rank system (and if u can, up server with turkey). thnks
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm not sure if it's a graphical problem, all my settings were on minimum and I did the whole race on an average of 20 FPS, and I had no CTD. In the dry I have 80/120 FPS on max settings, SO for me personally I don't like wet races.
    Luca Mosca
    Luca Mosca
    ---
    ---

Post by Luca Mosca Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Hello guys, to me is the first CTD since using the 1.3 ....
    So I do not know what to say ...
    I did a screen of the message appeared, but I think it is not useful.

Too bad, I was enjoying myself, I was much faster than the other group (the same Batina), but I made ​​four errors and was in second place ... but with 4 laps to go ... Booom!!

PS :.... in qualifying I did not realize that I finished gasoline and try to do a lap with 1 liter to the pits .... I put the sixth and cut the track to shorten the journey ends ... I gasoline before the final turn ... but I can slip in "neutral" in the pit lane ... the speed decreases slowly ... 50 ... 45 ... 40 ... 35 ... I see the sign for "pit" that comes close is close ... slowly ... but we have arrived ... a miracle ... brake ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    ... too soon ... feet first ... I'm still one meter from the cartel. But there was still a few centimeters. Of course I do not have more inertia to make those cm that I miss and I have to press esc .... 10 minutes of waiting. 8.30 There is a lack of qualifications ... not for me ...
    PPS: ... the replay (which I do not have group B) is irrefutable ... Embarrassed
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:27 pm

ok if It is merely graphics explain this.. I run max graphics in both Sepang and Shanghai, No crash to desktop in Sepang and a CTD in Shanghai, its not the graphics settings ...
    mario gilles
    mario gilles
    ---
    ---

Post by mario gilles Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Paul O'Brien wrote:ok if It is merely graphics explain this.. I run max graphics in both Sepang and Shanghai, No crash to desktop in Sepang and a CTD in Shanghai, its not the graphics settings ...

I agree with you Paul, I use all the highest quality and no problems
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:15 pm

i also had quite bad FPS for 1 lap before the CTD. i run everything at maximum settings and run with very good FPS, which is why i knew it was coming. i just waited to see how long it would take. looks like we all had similar problems before it happened, though yet again i had it 10 minutes before everyone else.

perhaps its a full mode issue? though we havent had it in bahrain or melbourne so its hard to pinpoint what it is. ive never experienced this on the public servers so have no idea
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:25 pm

few days back we had exactly the same problem in a different server with SUN, NO Full Mode at Shanghai KS2.
    We were running in the server without any problems, then someone else joined, and everyone started to have CTD. We did some investigation that day trying to identify if any of the drivers on the server had some older version of nk, but we haven't found anything.

So apparently we had CTD in both servers yesterday, isn't it?
    I doubt it's a server configuration, because otherwise doesn't make sense that someone get till the end.

Istanbul is in 3 weeks. Let's hope that Kunos will release something in the meanwhile.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:27 pm

group B only had 2 CTD's i believe?
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:36 pm

here is the drivers standing if we take the classification from the first CTD of both sepang and shanghai. we got the information from the race lapcharts. everything has been taken into account - group points distribution, pole positions and penalties. big thats to clive for the help Wink

2011 - 21 April 2011: Shanghai - Page 2 6svxmq

Last edited by MikaRaymond on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Antonio Lallo
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Antonio Lallo Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Mika, i I like it...but I didn't race in Melbourne! Embarassed Only yesterday, for the first time, i had CTD while I was 3rd, after your CTD...I think the problem can be the weather, or (Giancarlo don't hate me Very Happy ) the full mode, we know that Stefano will not debugg this mode...so, We hope in sun in future Very Happy
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Antonio Lallo wrote:Mika, i I like it...but I didn't race in Melbourne! Embarassed Only yesterday, for the first time, i had CTD while I was 3rd, after your CTD...I think the problem can be the weather, or (Giancarlo don't hate me Very Happy ) the full mode, we know that Stefano will not debugg this mode...so, We hope in sun in future Very Happy

fixed
    f.gek
    ---
    ---

Post by f.gek Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:33 pm

Mika ... previsioni ottimistiche.
    la classifica cambierebbe ulteriormente se anche io avessi finito la prima gara. inoltre a shangai non credo che avresti vinto cosi facile come vuoi fare apparire, visto che il mio passo di gara era decisamente piu veloce del tuo e di quello di maarten. Vedervi sparire dallo schermo entrambi mi ha tolto sicuramente molto divertimento.
    penso che ci sia un grosso problema con il ctd, ma fare classifiche teoriche, non credo che serva a molto. Io credo che il problema non sia il campionato in corso , che ovviamente è falsato, ma capire che cosa puo causare il ctd per far si che i prossimi siano perfettamente regolari.

Mika ... optimistic forecasts.
    the ranking would change further if I had finished the first race. also in Shanghai do not think you would win as easy as you wish to appear, as my pace was much faster than yours and that of Maarten. See you both disappear from the screen I definitely took away a lot of fun.
    I think there is a big problem with the CTD, but theoretical classifications do not think it will help a lot. I think the problem is not the current championship, which is obviously distorted, but to understand what can cause the DTC to ensure that the next to be perfectly regular.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:54 pm

In any case, decisions on this topic are taken only by the organizers. Having alternative classifications, based on fictional rules is really not helping.

I personally don't think it's a good approach to stop a race on the 1st CTD. Doesn't make sense at all to me.
    Furthermore it would be a nightmare to adjust the results.

As Gek said, I think we (not only us, but everyone who wants to help) should try to understand why we are having this problem.
    Doesn't really make sense to continue a championship this way. We are all spending time to prepare for the race, but if we will have 4 people left in a server and 10 out for a CTD, there are no rules or classification that can put back the smile on our faces.

Everyone of us was disappointed yesterday.
    It was a wonderful race, very good start, great battles on track, different groups very similar pace, and then...CTD!
    I think it's bad for the driver get kicked out, but even for the one that manage to reach the finish line. At the end I don't think it's fun to play all alone.
    mario gilles
    mario gilles
    ---
    ---

Post by mario gilles Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:09 pm

I dreamed that I won all the races
    I'm leading the championship lol!
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:42 pm

yeah i agree, i think the racing was fantastic as usual. some magnificent battles which are deffinitely worth watching.

i just wanted to show people what the table would look like if we hadnt had any CTDs from the positions we were in. of course some people loose out more than others - i only have 37 points whereas Maarten has many more because he was able to last 4/5 more laps into the race. yes, i understand peoples pace is different at different parts of the race. it was just something to show you guys.

as i have said, if we continue to race with the current CTD's then we (redline) no longer wish to compete because as you say andrea, all that time and effort which goes into the preperation results in 0. very frustrating indeed Sad

maybe we should continue racing but not with points - this way we can have more fun and still enjoy the game, no matter what position we finish.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:30 am