Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+2
MikaRaymond
Andrea Lojelo
6 posters

Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue?

Poll

Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue?

[ 0 ]
    2011 - Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue? Bar_left0%2011 - Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    2011 - Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue? Bar_left39%2011 - Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue? Bar_right [39%] 
    [ 11 ]
    2011 - Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue? Bar_left61%2011 - Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue? Bar_right [61%] 

Total Votes: 18
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

2011 - Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue? Empty Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue?

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun May 01, 2011 11:51 pm

Dear users, we faced for this championship a very hard challenge. Unfortunately, due to technical reasons (weird crash to desktop), our KS2 championship is compromised. Driver standing is not representing anymore the real strength of our drivers, since a lot of us faced technical problems.

So we need to decide what to do about it. We don't want to take such a difficult decision only on the team, but we want to have your opinion about it.

Hopefully pretty soon we will have a newer nkpro version and hopefully this will solve some of the issues.
    Furthermore we thought about a possible cause of those CTD (we will let you know about it soon), but in any case we need some times and tests before we can say that we will not face anymore the same problem.
    With only 3 more races to go till the end of this championship, we need to decide how to continue this championship, with the clear idea to use the following races as a "testing lab" to prepare for the next 2 KS2 championship, hopefully with completely different results (so...back to normal!)
    At the end this championship will be a little bit more than "just for fun", and will be a starting point for the following 2.

We identified three possibilities to continue our championship:

1) we leave the standings the way it is
    2) we start again from 0, deleting the results of all the previous races.
    3) since we had 2/3 races in which we had someone with problems, we delete the 2 worst results from each driver (so for each driver only the best result is picked up, no matter in which race it was)
    the standings will look like this:
    2011 - Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue? Points3out
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

2011 - Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue? Empty Re: Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue?

Post by MikaRaymond Mon May 02, 2011 12:59 am

after having some time to think about it, i believe the most sensible thing to do is keep the results from melbourne (discard the sepang and shanghai results) and simply carry on with the championship but extend it onto the 2nd season. i cant see 4 races being long enough for the 1st championship. basically #2 but keep melbournes results and follow through into season 2.

as for the weather? it seems dry is more reliable right now so i guess thats the only way we should go about that.

(i also believe #3 on the poll isnt very fair as the people who "won" will take advantage of those points as they didnt technically win them because of other people's CTD.)

if i was an admin and in your shoes, id do exactly what i said. its the only fair and reasonable thing to do mate.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

2011 - Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue? Empty Re: Ks2 championship 2011.02: how to continue?

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon May 02, 2011 9:23 am

MikaRaymond wrote:
    i also believe #3 on the poll isnt very fair as the people who "won" will take advantage of those points as they didnt technically win them because of other people's CTD.
    not all servers had problems, so, for example someone that won in group B when only group A had problems, had a very fair win.
    In group A in the race with CTD, for sure someone got an advantage, but it's just a matter of luck, just like not being involved in an racing incident.
    At the end, if you look at the classification in option #3, you will notice that you will have, more or less, all the fastest drivers there on top. Obviously with some exceptions, but no method can be 100% accurate. At the end, just notice that this is just based on 1 event.
    This is the only "out of the box" solution we can offer with GPCOS.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Mon May 02, 2011 2:31 pm

look andrea, theres probably a million different things i could say to you right now but its starting to get to the point where im getting fed up of voicing my opinion as it seems to be getting me nowhere.

lets just start everything from 0 and forget about this nonsense.
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Mon May 02, 2011 2:56 pm

Andrea, with the option 3 do you mean the worst two results of the entire season will be deleted, or just the two worst results of the first three races? I would prefer the the first one since I'm going to miss the last race in Monaco!!! Very Happy
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Mon May 02, 2011 5:00 pm

What do you think about introducing the regulation to delete the worst result of the entire season for each driver? I think most of the people will be forced to skip one event, specially in the summer season...Maybe it is too late for the current season ( Sad ), but what do you think for the next one?
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Mon May 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Well for me, keeping my best result or the 1st race result (Melbourne)is the same thing as this was my best result.
    I think the standings table above looks very close with 10 points between 1st & 15th, and full of very competitive drivers.
    With 3 races to go it looks very interesting.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon May 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Fabio Grippa wrote:What do you think about introducing the regulation to delete the worst result of the entire season for each driver? I think most of the people will be forced to skip one event, specially in the summer season...Maybe it is too late for the current season ( Sad ), but what do you think for the next one?
    we tried this method in earlier seasons, and we got some very funny outcomes. In full mode it very often happen in a long season that the most of the drivers gets at least once 0 points. So at the end you always end up deleting 0 from the most of the drivers, without changing their end result.
    We got into the funny situation that the only people getting always on points (not by coincidence they where the top3 drivers) got points deducted by this rule. This was changing the end results. This happened to us and even in GPC in all the seasons.
    A rule that in principle seems to be absolutely reasonable for everyone, and very effective, is in practice not really working as you might think.
    I've done quite an extensive investigation analyzing all our seasons and GPC seasons, and in all of them the result was always the same.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon May 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Fabio Grippa wrote:Andrea, with the option 3 do you mean the worst two results of the entire season will be deleted, or just the two worst results of the first three races? I would prefer the the first one since I'm going to miss the last race in Monaco!!! Very Happy
    it will be the 2 worst results in the all season
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon May 02, 2011 5:59 pm

As I said before this is the only out-of-the-box solution that GPCOS is offering.
    don't forget even what I also said:

At the end this championship will be a little bit more than "just for fun", and will be a starting point for the following 2.

This season, with 2 events out of 3 with such huge problems, is compromised.
    Does it make sense to you to continue in a "proper" way without being sure that you will not face the very same issues on the next race? what will you do then? delete results once more?

We are just trying to find a way to continue to have fun together here!

If you have a better solution, Mika, just tell us. I don't pretend having all solutions here, but apparently all of them make you laugh, and I'm a bit sorry for that. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you want to help us, as you did in the past, but criticizing everything without giving a better solution, doesn't really help.

EDIT:

I just noticed you deleted you "LOL" post, Mika. Well, you know what I think about it anyway!
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Mon May 02, 2011 6:30 pm

thats the reason i deleted it Smile

ive said what i needed to say. things have got so complicated and out of hand that its starting to become silly and not fun any more. as i said, the best solution is to delete all the previous results and start from 0. if we carry on having the same problems, the only thing to do is wait for an update which will hopefully fix the CTD. you cant juggle with different solutions if none of them offer 100% fairness and correctness. it seems everyone has a problem and different view on every idea. the solution? wipe it clean and start from new. that means everybody starts in the same place, rather than some people loosing out more than others which is obviously upsetting some of us, me included.
    davide zardin
    davide zardin
    Driver
    Driver

Post by davide zardin Mon May 02, 2011 9:44 pm

sono d'accordo con la maggior parte di voi nel cancellare i 2 peggiori risultati per avere una classifica per la seconda parte e per la terza parte di questo campionato che secondo me è stato diviso in tre parti ma volendo essere una sola manifestazione.
    per questo mi sento di dire che se vogliamo seguire il campionato di formula 1 non dobbiamo creare 3 classifiche ma 1 classifica che tenga conto di tutti i risultati togliendo i due peggiori di tutta la stagione non solo delle singole parti di campionato.
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Thu May 05, 2011 5:10 am

Well sorry Mika you have come out worst of all in this decision but I think its the fairest to all drivers that could be made considering the circumstances. I know I may be slightly biased because I missed Melbourne due to illness. But at the end of the day I think Andrea made the fairest decision for all the drivers. There has been some loosers and winners, me being one of the winners but we all know that you are a serious contender for the champ this year even with your current deficit. Wink
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun May 08, 2011 12:03 pm

It seems to be that there is a clear majority for the option 3. Thanks for helping us to take this decision.
    We will delete the 2 worst results from each driver at the end of the championship.

I really hope that soon we will have a new nk release that will help us going back to normal.

We will finish the remaining 3 races of the championship, in a way or an other, hoping that once we will start the new season we will have a more reliable release to play with.

The final classification (with the 2 results removed) of the current season, will be used to create the groups for the following season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am