Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+18
Marco Calesella
Zoltan Vastag
Wally Masterson
Jeff Paul
giancarlo graziano
Sebastian Schneider
Andrew Scott
Juha Pyy
M Carey
Jim Michels
Attilio Barba
f.gek
René Lorig
MikaRaymond
alexcand
Simon Bevcic-batina
Andrea Lojelo
Tomas Torasen
22 posters

Nordschleife for netKar released!

M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nordschleife for netKar released!

Post by M Carey Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:45 pm

René Lorig wrote:I just copy all the files and folders in the "Extras/Tourist ver./" directory and paste them in the main folder of the track. That is correct, isn't it?
    That's correct, it's working for me. There were some strange issues for only a few of us in beta testing, this is an odd one though.
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nordschleife for netKar released!

Post by Attilio Barba Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:59 pm

grazie andrea ci vado subito
    Juha Pyy
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Juha Pyy Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:29 am

Utmärkt, Tomas, jävla bra gjort! Tack så mycket! ::hail::

For everyone else: sorry for the Swedish, got carried away in the euphoria after driving at the 'Ring Razz

Also, at least for me, the track wouldn't work at maximum texture quality setting, lowering the quality setting solved it.

Also2, I uploaded the archive to sendspace if you need the mirror. Many times faster download speeds there too Wink
    I'll post the link here if you give the permission, otherwise I won't.
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:31 am

Tackar Wink
    Please dont, I dont think it's needed. It's not to be a prick, but to keep the download statistics in one place.
    f.gek
    ---
    ---

Post by f.gek Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:27 am

Congratulations Tomas. Amazing job. Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 2 663941
    Andrew Scott
    Andrew Scott
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrew Scott Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:33 am

With much anticipation I went to D/L this awesome track, but alas it will take 4hrs & 22min before it's complete Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 2 865579 ,
    Only getting 19kb a sec, it's like a "dial up flash back" Eeeeek!!!lol!
    Thomas please allow another D/L server, the demand is crippling the speed Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 2 756700 if not, no biggy, I'll wait a few days and try again Smile

Cheers
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Hey, Andrew.
    I just tested and downloaded half the track before I quited it. Average time was about 170 kb/s.. Maybe a temporary low before, or your down stream..
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:39 pm

@Tomas: I re-downloaded the track, deleted the "old" Nordschleife folder, restarted my PC, and re-installed the track.
    Now: Both GP-versions are working. When I copy the files in the extras/tourist ver/ folder and replace the ones in the main folder the track loads up and crashes when the nks.exe says "Initializing track"... When I switch back to the GP ver.-files it all works well again. So this means I'm doing it right, when I copy and paste the files in the tourist-folder.
    What could be wrong? I really don't know what to do and the log-files are also saying nothing. Sad
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:47 pm

the important one is nkrefs.ini..
    There is also some map replacements for the netKar UI and for the cars that have a map on the wheel, but that wont be recognized by netKar in that sense.

For example, I'm sure not everyone who drove the tourist version online in beta testing didnt switch files, I tried myself not to switch. Because when you go online, everyone uses the nkrefs.ini on the hosting server.. So no matter which version you have, the config files remain the same, and the nkrefs.ini is read from the server.
    So try to go on a hosted server online for tourist version maybe..

So cant really say other than that what might not be working for you, since it seems to work for everyone else.. and again, the only important file is nkrefs.ini and that file isn't really that complicated.

Look in the extras folder and see that nkrefs.ini is different in both versions for you.. then see that you really replace exactly that file in the track root folder..
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:57 pm

The files are different and now the Nordschleife.ini and the nkrefs.ini (in the server-folder) match the files in the tourist folder.
    It still won't work.
    I can't test online at the moment because there is no Nordschleife-Tourist-Server online at the moment.
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:10 pm

One thing though, a bug that I get sometimes. It's a long shot but worth trying, since it sholdnt be the track and we all have the same version of nkpro...
    Sometimes I use custom skins that are much larger than default skins, nkpro can bug out about this sometimes, especially trying to go online. Then I go inside another track offline, a really small easy to load track.. switch to a base colored small skin. Then lead up the track that failed again and then it works. This is a skin issue but could be what causes this for you in combination with something else I dont know..

Other than that really no idea.. I just tried the tourist version myself, worked fine for me..
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:20 pm

This is really annoying... I can't get it to work. Even with a plain red skin.
    Another thing: The Oval-track by Gerrit de Vries (I think) is also not working anymore. Sad
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Sounds as you might have a problem that isnt related to the tracks, perhaps.

Tried reinstalling netKar?
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Ah I just don't care anymore now. I'll wait for 1.3 final to come and till then I just have to drive the GP versions... It's not a very big problem.
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:20 pm

I can drive the GP versions with you. Tourist seem to be more popular, but I drove that so ridicously many times already on other racing games that I like the twist of the gp track.
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:28 pm

Maybe someone else will join us, too. Smile
    And thanks for the help... this is such a nice community!
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:48 pm

René Lorig wrote:Another thing: The Oval-track by Gerrit de Vries (I think) is also not working anymore. Sad
    Hmm, I did have an issue when I first installed 1.2, in that it wouldn't load any add-on tracks (original ones worked fine). Maybe you have a variation of that problem? I fixed it by deleting the netKar PRO folder in (my) documents. Just remember to backup your driver folder, license file, & any setups etc. you want to save first.
    Sebastian Schneider
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Sebastian Schneider Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Nice work!!!
    Is it possible to start the tourist-track from the parking lot? Now you have to drive an long inlap before you drive your first timed lap.
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:47 pm

I was out of my town......yesterday first lap...and....really good thanks...and waiting for a new profy work in progress/...WDWDWDWDWDW Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 2 413943
    Juha Pyy
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Juha Pyy Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Sebastian Schneider wrote:Is it possible to start the tourist-track from the parking lot? Now you have to drive an long inlap before you drive your first timed lap.
    I actually made that modification already. Also renamed some of the ground objects in that area to make it easier to drive there without sinking to the ground. If Tomas doesn't mind, I could post a download link to the different tourist version (only including the changed files).

BTW, anyone know how they've made the start line at Trento Bondone so that it always resets the lap time counter? Even with the modifications I've made, after driving one lap of the 'Ring and going back to pits to refuel, you have to drive another full lap for the lap time counter to reset at the start line (or exit and load the track again).
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Juha Pyy wrote:
    BTW, anyone know how they've made the start line at Trento Bondone so that it always resets the lap time counter?

noooo!!! ::thumpsup:: link link link!
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:47 pm

I dont see the point?

If this is the official version, then everyone needs to go one lap to put a time in prorank for example. This means something specific for the tire preservation, difficulty in car setup and so on.
    So to release a version of nkrefs.ini for only hotlapping.. how do you consider to make it an understandable part of the official release and easy to use? Because if your nkrefs.ini defines your pit and box in the parking lot, then you go into a race and you have your pit box somewhere from everyone else that is in the pits..

It needs to be working for everyone that isnt knowledgable in how tracks work in netKar, who just want to drive. Otherwise, if on prorank for example I would even consider it close to a cheat, since you will have fresher tires this way..
    Juha Pyy
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Juha Pyy Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 pm

Tomas Torasen wrote:I dont see the point?
    Driving at Nordschleife = FUN
    Hotlapping Nordschleife (especially with the Osella) = Much more FUN
    Having to coast through a full 8-minute lap every time in order to drive one fast lap = Much less FUN (and a waste of half the little time available for driving)
    See the point now?

Tomas Torasen wrote:Because if your nkrefs.ini defines your pit and box in the parking lot, then you go into a race and you have your pit box somewhere from everyone else that is in the pits..
    The nkrefs.ini on the server dictates where the pits are regardless of what individual drivers have on their computers.

But, since I respect you and understand the huge amount of work you've done to convert the track, I won't release the modified version or use it on a rank server.
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Sometimes I read what I write and I dont understand myself what I'm saying Wink My english isnt very good so thats why I have to disagree with myself afterwards Wink

Off course I understand the point. But you have to understand my point, that if the track will be connected to prorank everyone has to have easy access and easy installation of the version everyone will be using, not be a modder to be able to install it.

You are right about the server part and nkrefs.ini, good point.

An extra nkrefs.ini would have been a little easier for me to say yes to. But to just accept an update of the kto file which is huge and almost impossible to look through which changes might have been made by someone I dont know, to replace a file I've worked on for several weeks and probably 100+ hours..

I dont mean to be a prick here but at least discuss things with the original converter before stating to change files.

I can make the update though with an optional nkrefs.ini. Not tonight but soon. And again, it's the kto especially that I want control over modifying.
    Juha Pyy
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Juha Pyy Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:35 pm

Tomas Torasen wrote:But you have to understand my point, that if the track will be connected to prorank everyone has to have easy access and easy installation of the version everyone will be using, not be a modder to be able to install it.
    Yes, I understand your point better now.
    Actually, thinking of it some more, driving on a server with the modified tourist pits wouldn't have required any installation from the drivers if they hadn't wanted to, since the asphalt object at the parking lot was already part of the drivable area.

Tomas Torasen wrote:An extra nkrefs.ini would have been a little easier for me to say yes to. But to just accept an update of the kto file which is huge and almost impossible to look through which changes might have been made by someone I dont know, to replace a file I've worked on for several weeks and probably 100+ hours..
    I dont mean to be a prick here but at least discuss things with the original converter before stating to change files.
    Sorry about that, didn't mean to 'step on your toes' or anything.
    I forgot my post count on this forum probably doesn't tell much about myself. Btw, if you've happened to use the nKServerTool, you've already trusted me more than you've now Wink

Tomas Torasen wrote:I can make the update though with an optional nkrefs.ini. Not tonight but soon. And again, it's the kto especially that I want control over modifying.
    Sure, no problem.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm