Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+18
Marco Calesella
Zoltan Vastag
Wally Masterson
Jeff Paul
giancarlo graziano
Sebastian Schneider
Andrew Scott
Juha Pyy
M Carey
Jim Michels
Attilio Barba
f.gek
René Lorig
MikaRaymond
alexcand
Simon Bevcic-batina
Andrea Lojelo
Tomas Torasen
22 posters

Nordschleife for netKar released!

Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

netkar - Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nordschleife for netKar released!

Post by Marco Calesella Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:41 am

Juha Pyy wrote:
    Marco Calesella wrote:Just tried some extrem test.
    Tracks loads fine in 800x600 Embarassed
    , but still problem also in 1920x1080 (you told you tested OK) and
    also in 1650x1050 and 1440x900.
    What graphics card do you have?
    And maybe more importantly, how much memory does it have? I'm suspecting
    you're running out of texture memory and thus nKP crashes while loading
    the track. The track's texture files take ~460 MB of HDD space, which
    is almost double than the next most demanding track (Mugello with ~250
    MB).

For example, I have a Radeon 5770 with 1GB memory. Using
    1920x1080 resolution, loading Nordschleife crashes if I use the maximum
    texture quality setting, all lower texture settings work fine.

Could be, but I can run without problem the other 2 version that load the same .kto and textures.

René Lorig wrote:Strangely the new kto included in the hotlap.rar solved all my problems.
    Now I can run all versions without problems.

Will try tomorrow

UPDATE: tried the new .kto and can confirm now all is working just like for Renè. Thank you for support.
    Sebastian Schneider
    Driver
    Driver

netkar - Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nordschleife for netKar released!

Post by Sebastian Schneider Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:36 pm

One thing, if you start a lap, go back to the box and start another lap the laptime does not reset.Someone wrote about this problem here. Is it hard to solve?
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Isnt this the way of netKar? The time starts counting when you for example enter the track, in practice or qualy mode.. so you always have long outlaps..

isnt this the case everywhere, except for race mode where it starts with the race, or at sprints like trento?
    Sebastian Schneider
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Sebastian Schneider Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Sorry, I don't know, I haven't played netkar for a long time but I will try the other tracks.
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:06 pm

What I wonder is if this makes also the hot lap add on useless.. I dont have time to try now myself though.
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:31 pm

I think so, because I tried the hotlap-version yesterday and my laptime after the first lap with the osella was a 9:50... And I was pushing quite hard, so I think it's useless and the normal tourist version is even better for hotlapping, because it's shorter.
    EIDT: The problem is (I think) that you start after the "middle-sector" (on a track with 30 sectors this would be sector 15), and netkar can't handle that. Just like with "short versions" of some tracks if the short cut is before the middle sector and jumps that sector the time isn't counted. but you have to ask Andrea about that.
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:36 pm

So the question is if this is possible to solve? From talking to M. Carey, who I think is one who knows more than many of netKar, I think he said this is how netKar works.
    What I know certainly for myself is that these long out laps is the same way in many other tracks that I practiced and raced on.

Maybe Andrea or someone can clarify on this..
    Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

netkar - Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 4 Empty Car seems to sink into asphalt and/or ground

Post by Marco Calesella Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Now that the big issue of tourist version seems to be solved, a secondary problem.
    In some points of the track the car seems to partially "sink" into the asphlat (but also outside on the grass in some point) losing also the shadow.
    Usually it's happening where a layer (for example tyre groove texture or some other to achieve different effects) are put over the road (or ground) layer.

I had similar issue on the tracks I was working on, and I solved it setting on the transparency parameter for that objects.
    A first test on your Nordschleife .kto in a couple of points seems to confirm that with that parameter activated the problem is solved.
    Not very important, by the way, only one thing to take in account to make perfect and alredy great work!!!!

By the way, also the graffiti layer seems to be a little bit to much dinstant from the road surface, if you look one replay from the Osella you'll see the graffiti "floating" at an height of half wheel of the car.

As said, only aesthetical problem, not a driving problem, so to keep in a proper account as secondary issues! Smile
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Please guys, this is not a beta testing thread to solve problems. The track was released, it's not to be changed or fixed in more ways. If you have a problems that you think is important please contact me privately and I'll see if it's possible to solve.

Putting every little flaud with the track out in public makes everyone see everything and once you start seeing something like that it becomes easily all you see and you all go crazy like me, and then we have serious problsms Wink

What do you mean with the transparency parameter? The skid marks and graffithi on track have transparency activated off course all ready.
    The reason why they float above the road is because netKar cant handle objects crossing each other, they start flickering. So you have to move them away from each other. Some of the objects more than others. you cant see this flickering when working in max, so it's basically guess work, going back and forth many times from max to kof.
    Before I moved all of them more or less, the whole road was lighting up and bugging out in netKar.
    Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marco Calesella Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Yes, but it's typical that after releasing something you have still room to improve or you have to solve issues, since many other users can find different problems the betatester users.
    On the contrary we should always have only Rel. 1.0 and never 1.x

It was not meant (as said) to offend your work or to push you to solve, just to let you know if you plan to fix in the future (by the way everyone can fix the transparency issue, only a little bit more difficult than the crreator that know exactly the track structure)

nevertheless, no problem, will stop immediately with any consideration and suggestion! Smile

Bye!

Marco

EDIT (since you editetd your message). - transparent parameter in koflite (not texture transparency alpha) isn't activated for the 2 points where the car sink where i solved the problem. If you are interested I'l send you a scrrenshot when I'll be on my PC. By the way, as I said, it's only a speculation it's the solution, i didn''t tried all track, only 2 points and I have the experience tha similar problems were solved in that way on my tracks. By the way the example of grrove texture was only an example to explane the concept of 2 texture layers.
    I know very well about need to have to have a dinstance betwenn the different layers, it's not only a netkar need.
    Probably the complexity of the track make it different from other tracks where the distance is considerably less and you need a lot more space between. Was not a negativce criticism.

Last edited by Marco Calesella on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Yes, sorry I dont mean to dismiss efforts to help =)

Understand this is a huge project which I would be happy to be rid of soon.
    Certain issues is easy to fix.

But the problem you mentioned means going back to max again. This nord is not compatible completely merging materials, so I cant go back and forth from max to kof without having to start over with shaders and transparencys. I wont go back again to do another version. So it's a different kind of issue that I'm not ready for now to do anything about. Anyway, I was aware and worked alot of hours at getting these as close as possible to the road surface without starting to flicker. Some are possible to get closer, but I preferred them not to flicker, very very annoying. Especiellay in replays.
    Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marco Calesella Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Transaprent (sorry, not transparency) is the one indicated below:

netkar - Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 4 X22dkp

This parameter seems to solve many problems, typicl, car sinking, shadow not working in the correct way etc..

I know the other problem (distance between layers) is not easy to fix.
    Topic closed for me! netkar - Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 4 57262

Last edited by Marco Calesella on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:01 pm

this fixes the problem of car shadow disappearing underneath?

If so it's defenitely possible to fix and I must thank you very much for telling me this.

I will try it tomorrow.

Today very very tired because of night work.
    Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marco Calesella Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Take your time, your work was so great that isn't that little aesthetical problem to make less valuable!

As said, I'm not sure it really the solution for all points of the track.

For sure I tried in a corner (if I remember correctly the last just befor the tourist box entrance) and it solved completely that issue for me. But I tested only in 2 points.

With this methode I solved the problem of shadow disappearing from underneath the car when passing trough object defined like shadow in netkar
    I suspect that you layers could be positively affected in the same way, but you have to test more points to be sure, also to check not to have some other unwanted effect.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Anyone got a KS2 setup for this? cant get a setup that will handle the bumps (more like ramps) on track.

René Lorig wrote:Ah I just don't care anymore now. I'll wait for 1.3 final to come and till then I just have to drive the GP versions... It's not a very big problem.

heh. You actually think you're going to live that long?
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Very Happy I don't have to anymore, I can drive all versions now. Smile
    But yes, you're right, it will take ages for Kunos to release it.
    Lobezno
    Lobezno
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Lobezno Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Thank you very much Tomas!!!! Very Happy
    Really an amazing work; you are great man!!!! netkar - Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 4 67322
    Simon Bevcic-batina
    Simon Bevcic-batina
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Simon Bevcic-batina Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:10 pm

fantastic track

but
    view problem(layers)-signs on the road -with all cars
    netkar - Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 4 24716962
    netkar - Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 4 96114544
    netkar - Nordschleife for netKar released! - Page 4 92231869
    Guido
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Guido Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:45 pm

Thank you very much for that track!

Anyway, I seem not to be able to select other layouts... I only can play the tourist layout.

I have just downloaded the "full version" from gamesfront, extracted it and moved it to my netKar/tracks folder. What am I missing?
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:22 am

Did you follow the instructions in the extra's folder?
    Guido
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Guido Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:50 am

Oops... seems that I totally missed that...

Did not find a hint to the Extras folder in the first post anyway... So I didn´t look at it...
    Guido
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Guido Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Well... can´t use the other layouts anyway. NetKar.exe crashes while loading the track Sad Only tourist version is working for me.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Crady wrote:Oops... seems that I totally missed that...

Did not find a hint to the Extras folder in the first post anyway... So I didn´t look at it...
    good suggestion. I added it
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Crady wrote:Well... can´t use the other layouts anyway. NetKar.exe crashes while loading the track Sad Only tourist version is working for me.
    I think other people have had the same problem, but the hotlap ver. in the original post solved the issue.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:53 am

Which version of the track is used at the rank ?
    I have only 'Grand Prix' and 'Grand Prix Short' configurations available, but one called 'tourist' is used at the rank.
    Maybe I have an older (first) version / release of it, without that configuration. Could someone reupload it ?, at least the
    two links connected to gamefront aren't available anymore.
    I was trying to do a lap in the VintageReplica and saw that none of my laps at both configurations were submitted to the rank, because of that other
    configuration that is used there.

Tracks like the new Nurburgring are awsome combined with a Vintage(Replica) car.., Barcelona could work well with those cars too. A1 Ring is also
    great to drive with those.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:18 am