Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+3
Simon Bevcic-batina
MikaRaymond
Andy Gagarin
7 posters

One foot or Two

Andy Gagarin
    Driver
    Driver

One foot or Two  Empty One foot or Two

Post by Andy Gagarin Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:44 am

Do most of the fast drivers use one foot or two when driving netkar pro? I can see that being able to drive with a foot on the brake and accelerator might be faster but is it really necessary? I tried using two feet for two weeks but just couldn't master it and gave up.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

One foot or Two  Empty Re: One foot or Two

Post by MikaRaymond Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:35 am

yep. one foot on the brake, one on the accelerator. whenever youre not on the accelerator you should be on the brake. decreasing the time taken to hit the brake / accel = decrease laptime.
    Simon Bevcic-batina
    Simon Bevcic-batina
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Simon Bevcic-batina Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:20 am

i use one foot,meybe with ks2 I lose a little time 0.2-04 s.everything you need is a GOOD setup.
    i make two test and with ks2 i'm faster with ridiculous f2 view(0.5 sec),and i spend immensely less time for remember the new track(optimal race line).but for me this sh.... view is embarrassing to use and who has the blood racing inside NEVER use that view!!!!!!!!

flower
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:47 pm

F2 view affraid !!! I wouldn't use it even if it was 3 seconds faster Razz

I can use nk can only in cockpit view. Everything else feels fake and arcade. F keys only for replays.

I use 2 feet, with automatic clutch for sequential shift cars (pulling both paddles) and manual clutch for H-shift cars.
    I'm still not good enough with heel and toe, but I hope I will get there sooner or later. Not too much because it might be faster, but much more because it's cool Smile
    I guess I just have to dedicate some more time to it.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:03 pm

We had this topic a while back on GPC http://www.gpchampionship.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6453&start Most people do left foot brake (as do I Smile). I've chatted to some people that use their right though (not just the recently incapacitated Mika Razz), it seems to be mainly older drivers that do, & I remember hearing that Barrichello was one of the last F1 drivers to switch over from right to left-foot braking.

Regarding camera view's, I used to drive with the roll hoop camera in F1c as it was quicker, but in nKPro it just feels alien doing so. I've often wondered if F1 drivers had a live stream from their roll hoop cam' (patent pending Very Happy) whether they'd be quicker or not. I can see a few problems though, the delay on the world feed for one, & places such as exiting the tunnel at Monaco where the camera doesn't adjust quickly enough.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:37 pm

talking about f2, i only used that view in LFS to give me a better view of the track in front. id never dream of it in nkp Very Happy you just feel so immersed in the game that its hard to try anything else
    Kristijan Jalovec Perusko
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Kristijan Jalovec Perusko Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:16 pm

cockpit view for me always!!!under 400 hp and street cars i use right foot,all other left Wink
    Piers Structures
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Piers Structures Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:45 pm

I use two feet, three at the start for the clutch. Wierdly, I couldn't drive a road car like that but even the abarth feels weird on the sim without left foot braking.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:52 pm

What's your third? Razz I can drive an automatic road car whilst left foot braking, but not a manual (for obvious reasons). Someone told me thats a bad habit though, that will put me through the windshield Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm