Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+3
MikaRaymond
Andrea Lojelo
Filip Tomisic
7 posters

1.3 final demo problems with add-on tracks

Filip Tomisic
    Driver
    Driver

tracks - 1.3 final demo problems with add-on tracks Empty 1.3 final demo problems with add-on tracks

Post by Filip Tomisic Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi people,
    I downloaded the 1.3 final demo few days ago and I like this game, it feels great, specially the FF.
    Then I found out there are Nordschleife and Monaco and many other addon tracks so I downloaded several tracks.
    But they don't work for me, when track loads my car is in pits but there is no sound and I can't get the car going. I can change the gears and add throttle but the car doesn't move. There is no objects in the mirrors also.
    On default demo tracks everything is ok.
    So, I would buy the game if I can choose other tracks.
    Is this the issue only in demo version or is it because those tracks were made for previous versions of netKar?
    Tracks were downloaded from http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=49407&st=0&p=594190&#entry594190.
    Thanks
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

tracks - 1.3 final demo problems with add-on tracks Empty Re: 1.3 final demo problems with add-on tracks

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:05 pm

The demo is limited. You can't play with the demo on addon tracks. For that you need the to have the licence.

You can download all the latest version of the tracks from our download section too.

I hope to see you soon on track with us. We have championship races every Thursday.
    Filip Tomisic
    Driver
    Driver

tracks - 1.3 final demo problems with add-on tracks Empty Re: 1.3 final demo problems with add-on tracks

Post by Filip Tomisic Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Thank you for quick response.
    I 'm buying the game then.

Regarding the race events, I am not a good driver, I guess I should practice offline first so I don't ruin others fun.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:55 pm

don't worry it just take some time and practice. My advice is to come online anyway. As long as you will respect other drivers there will be no problem. Not everyone is a rocket here. You will find people with different skills online. Very fast drivers and slower one. In any case you can always learn a lot from other drivers, and for sure you can have more fun.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:27 pm

its important to practise offline as much as online. practising offline will help with your skills and speed, whereas racing online will help with your wheel-to-wheel experience, pressure, what not to do and so forth
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:21 am

You could in a (now very) old version of nKPro (v1.03) run add-on tracks in demo mode, although of course only older .nko tracks. I still think demo users should be able to use add-on content. After all we all create it for free, & I know a big part of me buying nKPro (as I was running v1.03 as a demo user) was the add-on tracks. Being able to drive circuits I was already familiar with whilst trying to master the tricky Formula Ford was a big help.
    Filip Tomisic
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Filip Tomisic Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Thanks for advices. I already bought the game last night Smile
    I am impressed. As I said I am not a good driver but authentic feel and the immersion I get from drivng nKPro (FF, sound, car handling) is better than any sim I tried (although I didn' try iRacing). For me it feels even better than LFS and GPL (which are excellent games).

How come on most forums iRacing, LFS and rFactor get much more hype?
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Your choice of words made me smile, seeing as there was an article not that long ago in which a Formula 1 engineer described iRacing as nothing but hype Very Happy iR & rF both have the money to advertise. LFS a few years ago was the sim' everyone seemed to be talking about, but due to a lack of development not many do now (although it still has healthy numbers online). With nKPro were still trying to work out why it's seemingly so unpopular Smile People seem to acknowledge the physics & FFB are great, but still don't play nKPro (at least online).

I think there are a few reasons. The main one is that only with this patch has the netcode actually been any good. For the past 5 years it was awful & this put people off. Secondly is that development has been fairly patchy at times (due to Kunos working on other products or for other companies). Thirdly I think Kunos did a lot of damage when he decided not to fix the bugs in 1.2 (which personally ruined the sim' online for me), & focused on bringing new content & features.

Right now 1.3 might be a fantastic sim' but reputations are hard to change. I think Kunos has done a lot of good for his reputation recently though, so I hope whatever he does in the future is more successful, as he deserves it =) That's not to say nKPro is totally dead, it's just hard to see how we can attract more people.
    Filip Tomisic
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Filip Tomisic Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:50 pm

You are probably right, nowadays it's mostly about online experience, I guess.
    But maybe some people were put off buy demo content.
    I think F1600 on some track like Prato is appreciated by experienced players who can recognise good game by its physics engine and who can enjoy such combo.
    Because there is, I suppose, a large base of players who don't care about some hard-to-drive open wheeler on some unknown track. But if they could try Abarth or Osella or Vintage GT on Silverstone (or whatever is popular), well, that's something differrent. Much more appealing to average "soft-core" pc sim racer.
    If Kunos could recruite those people, you would get a larger base for online competitions.
    Or maybe I am wrong, maybe sales is going ok and no need to change anything and lack of online is only due to bad netcode in previous versions.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:47 pm

I agree. When I first played the demo I only stuck at it cos I knew the sim' was something special (& the F1600 used to be harder to drive than it's now). My eureka moment came at Laguna, a mates Silverstone, I'm sure a lot of people give up more quickly. If the demo car was (for example) the F2000 nKPro would probably have a lot more sales. Sales are an issue btw Smile As it's nKPro loses money.
    Jamie Shorting
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jamie Shorting Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:08 pm

Netkar is THE best sim out there. I love it.

Does anybody know what is next for Kunos and netkar? I ask because it seems like some here are on the inside. Wink
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:46 pm

I don't think Kunos even knows Razz He has said before either develop a new DX11 sim' or something else based on nKPro. The next thing coming should be the update to FVA, and then whatever else he's cooking (with the rumour of another sim' & that 911cup server we saw online not that long ago*).

* which might not be related but I sure hope so Very Happy
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:27 pm

well, well... Kunos & CO are definitely up to something ... ::whistle::
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Leonardo Ratafia Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:21 am

well, they are adding some new content to FVA like the Ferrari 458 and the newer F1... but i hope he brings new content aswell to Netkar Pro and some bug fixing and hopefully a usable Full Mode Smile
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:38 am

Aris' did say recently that they'll return to working on nKPro, but as for new content & a working full mode I think you might be dreaming (but I'll dream with you Wink).
    Filip Tomisic
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Filip Tomisic Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:01 am

What is full mode?
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Leonardo Ratafia Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:31 pm

it's an option with a more realistic enviroment, where you have time for fixing the car, time for refueling, for changing tires... but it seems that it's not working properly, besides some timing issues related to the fueling system. in simple words is kinda like that.
    the idea seems to be great, fitted to the ultra hardcore gamers who expect everything to be simulated, pit stops, etc.
    Filip Tomisic
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Filip Tomisic Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:08 pm

That would be interesting.
    Brian Gelsinger
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Brian Gelsinger Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi All

Does anyone know if FVA will be more of a game on next release. As far as I know it is only hot lapping right now. AS far as the demo goes my feeling is that the target would draw players much better than the 1600. I am having a great time with this sim and am really looking forward to anything they bring to the table in the future.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:08 am

I think it's just gonna be the new content for FVA, as it's being advertised as a pack, & not a new ver. of the game Sad It's a shame as I think online multiplayer would really help sales.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am