Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

5 posters

Weekend League & Championship

Gustavo Silva
    Driver
    Driver

weekend - Weekend League & Championship Empty Weekend League & Championship

Post by Gustavo Silva Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:39 am

Hello everyone.
    This is my first post on your community, so I'm sorry if I posted this on the wrong section.

I'm here to suggest a league or a championship at weekends. I study away from home and I have no chance to play online except for those two days and there is nothing interesting happening at weekends Sad

I'm aware that most of the drivers are much older than me, but I think everybody is at home at Sunday morning, for example, or Saturday around 6pm.

What do you say?

Thanks and good corners Wink
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

weekend - Weekend League & Championship Empty Re: Weekend League & Championship

Post by MikaRaymond Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:28 am

sunday always tends to be the best time for people as most of their weekend chores are out the way by then. 7/8pm would be best for everyone due to the different time zones we live in too
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:52 am

Guys, I understand that everyone has different time schedule, but for me would be impossible to organize something during the weekend.
    Further more, the numbers of drivers currently around prevent us to think about more than one championship race a week.
    Having more options will end up having even less people in each champ, so I can't see it as a good approach.

In any case nothing prevent you to have a fixed appointment on our server on Sunday or any other day of the week, to have some races on our servers.
    Pobb R Tippet
    Pobb R Tippet
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Pobb R Tippet Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Yeah weekends are pretty hard for me to race aswell, but maybe we could have some one off events on a weekend occasionally (not every weekend, maybe 1 a month)?

I have been thinking for ages about running 2 one off formula ford servers for an one off event when the season is over. So that everyone can race in the basic cars and race really hard on a track everyone should know really well, Prato, that way people who have the demo can try out racing online with people who can actually race and maybe it would get new people to join the leagues. Having the saturday as a sign up and qualifying day, then sunday the 2 races in 3 classes maybe (if there was enough people). It's just an idea and would make a good weekend event.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:43 pm

the ks2 champ has always been the main champ and at the start of the year when the season had finished (dec - march) we used to have races once a week to give people the chance to still compete and race together. perhaps that would be the best time to do this as a 3 month wait for some people is too long
    Gustavo Silva
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Gustavo Silva Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Pobb R Tippet wrote:Yeah weekends are pretty hard for me to race aswell, but maybe we could have some one off events on a weekend occasionally (not every weekend, maybe 1 a month)?

I have been thinking for ages about running 2 one off formula ford servers for an one off event when the season is over. So that everyone can race in the basic cars and race really hard on a track everyone should know really well, Prato, that way people who have the demo can try out racing online with people who can actually race and maybe it would get new people to join the leagues. Having the saturday as a sign up and qualifying day, then sunday the 2 races in 3 classes maybe (if there was enough people). It's just an idea and would make a good weekend event.

This is one of the best things I've heard in here.
    Like F1 scheduale Smile Qualifying one day (Saturday afternoon, for example) and race Sunday morning. Yeah, that would world for me. You could even use only the official tracks to be easier. About the cars, formulas (2000, Target and K32 - the only ones I like to play with) or cars (Abath no, please Sad )... I don't mind Very Happy
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:52 pm

GPC runs on Saturdays. I know there was talk of the league starting up again a while back, lets hope it does (not that RSR isn't brilliant it's just nice to have more league racing Wink).
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:39 pm

i think having a qual and race on different days is too much for a sim, especially when we play for fun. if i was playing for money and it was more serious then sure, but people dont have the time or effort to play a game on two seperate days.
    Pobb R Tippet
    Pobb R Tippet
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Pobb R Tippet Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:19 pm

good point. I think for a regular league having a quali and a race day is probably not the best way to do it. but maybe for one off events it would get more people on the track, maybe have a set of quali races that way no one really misses out then have a main event the following day with people who want to have a longer race... i duno I dont want to run a league Razz way too much thinking envolved lol!

I still want to host some one off's once all the racing is over, all series and KS2. I probably will start off with a formula ford one off and see how that goes, how many people are interested etc then might host some more if it all goes well, just because I like racing with all you guys Razz
    Gustavo Silva
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Gustavo Silva Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:26 am

Pobb R Tippet wrote:good point. I think for a regular league having a quali and a race day is probably not the best way to do it. but maybe for one off events it would get more people on the track, maybe have a set of quali races that way no one really misses out then have a main event the following day with people who want to have a longer race... i duno I dont want to run a league Razz way too much thinking envolved lol!

I still want to host some one off's once all the racing is over, all series and KS2. I probably will start off with a formula ford one off and see how that goes, how many people are interested etc then might host some more if it all goes well, just because I like racing with all you guys Razz

If you do this at weekends, let me know and I'll help you with whatever I'm capable of Wink
    I really want to get into the game, seriously, and I'm looking forward to test my skills on tracks, on racing, etc. Having a championship at weekends, even if it is off events.
    Sounds god t'a me Very Happy
    Pobb R Tippet
    Pobb R Tippet
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Pobb R Tippet Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Hey guys, I didnt want to spam up the forum with another thread, or step out of line.

Gustavo is running a weekend league once the season has ended here at Radiators, it's kind of a winter league, it will be a short set of races for christmas to start off with and see how it goes, hopefully it will get more people interested in racing next year in the radiators leagues, plus give all the radiators guys a nice deserved break.

Not intending to replace any racing here at all as I love racing in the radiators series, just looking to give new people a chance to race in some leagues too, plus its just some more fun and in my eyes a compliment to radiators. Like GP2 is to F1

I will be running the server/servers - any tips on pulling the information out of the game such as lap charts? I use the parser log program but cant see a lap chart system.

Anyway all the information can be found over at the COGS website anyone is free to sign up. http://cogsc.weebly.com/index.html
    Gustavo Silva
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Gustavo Silva Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Hello and thanks for advertising this Tip.

Yeah guys, you can read everything about the tournament on the website that Tippet said and all rules are there.
    We are already open for signups (please, do it Razz) and we are finishing some last rules, laps, etc.
    Any questions, you have a forum on that website. Please be our guest to participate the forum Wink

Hope to see you all at the track Wink
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:59 am

Nice idea guys. Always nice to see new guys creating something like this. Well done.

Thanks for linking our website too.
    Pobb R Tippet
    Pobb R Tippet
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Pobb R Tippet Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:Nice idea guys. Always nice to see new guys creating something like this. Well done.

Thanks for linking our website too.

Thanks and you're welcome, I love Radiators and I believe that if the netkar community will ever grow we all need to support each other Very Happy
    Pobb R Tippet
    Pobb R Tippet
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Pobb R Tippet Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:17 pm

Doing a livestream test today if people would be interested in watching Smile also if you want ot help test the servers out etc

Planning on having the server up and running for about 18:00GMT to livestream test(just want to see if it works without blowing up lol) I know it probably wont be very active with the amazing Imola track out, most people will be racing on there Razz

Look out for the server name C.O.G.S and if you want to watch the livestream: http://cogsc.weebly.com/watch-live.html

also I need a bit of help from the Radiators guys, How do you get all the race information (quali, lap charts etc) on the official results pages and as a PDF? I want to do the same with C.O.G.S information but I am scratching my head a bit. Does GPCOS hold most of that information? Many thanks

Tip

[edit: P.S. sorry for dragging up an old thread, I don't want to spam up the forum with C.O.G.S. stuff because I don't think it would be right and plus I love Radiators Razz]
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Wonderful idea for the livestream. Are you planning to record while driving? Could be a good option for the official races too in case it works fine.

GPCOS is offering stats and pdf. You can contact Jaap if you want to get a licence.

One more option would be the NETKAR PRO LOG PARSER. you can find an example of the results on http://netkarpro.blogspot.com/, as well as the download link.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any more information.
    Pobb R Tippet
    Pobb R Tippet
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Pobb R Tippet Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Thanks Andrea Smile Yeah i am using the log parser at the moment, I think I will contact Jaap aswell I looked at GPCOS and it looks really impressive, I love the way all the results are presented here with the lapcharts and road to the grid etc, I have about a month to get all of it sorted before we run the first C.O.G.S. race.

In terms of the live-stream, It will be recorded it too, so if anyone misses it at least they can rewatch it, but I am still testing the whole idea of it. Really want to find some commentators (because I am not doing it with my horrible english bristolian accent, it will sound like a pirate commentating).

It lagged my system a bit too much last time to race aswell, It uses alot of bandwidth and processor power to stream it in good(ish) quality, but I am trying out some different things software wise, so I will try and put some laps in whilst streaming too just to see if its improved. Otherwise I am just a camera man for the day Razz lol! As long as it dosent effect the performance of the server too much when there are 15 drivers racing Very Happy

Tip

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm