Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+7
Leonardo Ratafia
laurent resende
MikaRaymond
M Carey
giancarlo graziano
Glenn English
Clive Melbourne
11 posters

WHAT'S YOUR RACING SETUP?

Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

WHAT'S YOUR RACING SETUP? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHAT'S YOUR RACING SETUP?

Post by Clive Melbourne Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Clive Melbourne wrote:motherboard shipped today, hopefully have all the parts by the weekend bounce

All the other parts have been shipped today so should be starting the build at the weekend. WHAT'S YOUR RACING SETUP? - Page 2 663941
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Clive Melbourne wrote:
    Clive Melbourne wrote:motherboard shipped today, hopefully have all the parts by the weekend bounce

All the other parts have been shipped today so should be starting the build at the weekend. WHAT'S YOUR RACING SETUP? - Page 2 663941

Motherboard and CPU delievered today bounce
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:59 pm

::hola::
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:43 am

Clive Melbourne wrote:
    Clive Melbourne wrote:

Motherboard and CPU delievered today bounce

I have just spent the evening putting my new PC together, 1 r 2 minor problems but got passed those.
    Now it's just installing all the drivers and stuff.
    hope to be back on track tomorrow bounce
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:42 pm

Ok, I actually started my build before Clive, but it was a little more problematic. My CPU was overheating, & then when removing it one of the pins were bent, which I had to carefully bend back into place & send it to AMD (hoping they wouldn't notice which luckily they didn't Razz). That wasn't the end of the saga though, as the replacement CPU was sent by DHL, who's drivers refuse to deliver to my area. So that delayed things even further, but I went to pickup the CPU last night, and now my computer's finally working Very Happy

Spec (by Mika as well so it's similar to Clives):
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 Extreme 1024MB GDDR5
    AMD Phenom II X6 Six Core 1055T 2.80GHz
    Asus M5A97 PRO AMD 970
    G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
    XFX Pro 550W Core Edition
    BitFenix Shinobi Gaming Case
    & a 1TB H/D + a DVD writer.

This was my first build since 2004 so it's a relief that it's all working, well all except the top USB ports, which caused the computer to start bleeping when I tried using one:

WHAT'S YOUR RACING SETUP? - Page 2 02092010

Gonna need to put a sticker over the power LED, it's really bright Smile
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:48 pm

very good Marius. I'm really happy that you will be finally able to run nKPRO at his full potential. I'm sure you will have fun! Congratulations mate!
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:51 pm

I did a quick test last night, with keyboard controls, average of 310-330 FPS in the KS2 @ Prato. With my laptop I was getting no more than 70 Very Happy I'm gonna order a monitor as right now I'm using my TV, & 40" is a bit too big to sit directly in front of Razz
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Yippee, new monitor has arrived:
    WHAT'S YOUR RACING SETUP? - Page 2 08092010
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:57 pm

cheers
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:11 am

Now, made a pic of my current, simple setup, it always looked just like that..:
    WHAT'S YOUR RACING SETUP? - Page 2 Racing10

It's a used G25 I bought in '09/'10 (the shifter had a lot of named stickers aside each button, like at the "-" and "+" at the wheel shifter-plates, but because some of the 6-speed shifter switches were broken, I now replaced it with another used G25 shifter, which fully works). Among my 'racing shoes' (some worn out cheap every day shoes I wore many yers ago, good for racing because all material is very flexible and comfortable) you also see the middle pedal being a bit higher than the other ones. That was a mod of the pre-owner of the wheel, he put some cm of wood behind the brake and gas pedal plates to make them stand forward some cm and put screws of 4cm length (the standard needed there is 2 cm) to mount it. But half a year ago or so, I put the gas pedal back to its normal position. I use the left pedal as the brake since then also (not so heavy to press, better for endurance stints). With the middle pedal still being 2cm in front of the other two, you don't get in touch with the aside/other pedals so easily, that's why I left the middle pedal in its modded postion.
    The shifter on that certain table is very loose -just put at position with its middle screw (can't be pushed further onto the table to fix it with the other two screws, because ' table has a barrier)-, so to mount it in a fix way, I still need to put it on another kind of plate.
    PC (not much visible in the picture) stands 30cm behind the monitor, at the left side of that TV there.
    P.S.: The thing I sit on there is a sofa, I would basically need a good (racing-)seat with an adjustable backrest to lean my back on.

Update: Now I also put the brake pedal back to its original position -to use cars, that need all three pedals, properly again-, so every pedal is at the same height again now... -and replaced the (in my opinion) too stiff brake-spring with another G25 clutch-spring out of another used G25 pedal set. So clutch and brake pedal are at the same stiffness now.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:56 pm

I guess that G25 will still last for me almost until eternity. I always use just 45% general FFB strenght and also 45% of 'spring-fallback-effect' in Logitech Profiler. In AC I set it even lower, because FFB strenght is heavier there. So on the mechanical side -with this quite low general FFB strenght settings- there is not so much penetration when I drive, I'm more like a J.Button style soft kind of driver (but that my change a bit in AC, because you need more detailed (re-)acting at the wheel there). -In opposition to my other G25 wheel, this particular G25 wheel I use now, luckily even has 0% 'loose-play space' at its middle position, so I'm really happy how tight that one feels.- In my opinion the only thing on that set that may die after tons of use, are the pontentiometers for the pedals, but I never had problems with a potentiometer so far. If one of them really might give up, I still have that other used G25 set to replace it or find a 100% working replacement poti.
    Generally when you keep the pedals also clean and maybe open it every two years and make a complete cleanig of every part by de-mounting every pedal to its pieces and then putting new greace into(around) the hydraulic part and axis parts and also some greace onto the little gearwheels there, which are transfering the pedal movement onto the poti, it should last for eternity too, in regards of the pure mechanic at least.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm