Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

4 posters

Anyone remember this track?

Luca Orsetti
    Luca Orsetti
    Driver
    Driver

track - Anyone remember this track? Empty Anyone remember this track?

Post by Luca Orsetti Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:37 pm

ENG: Hi everyone. When Netkar was still at version 1.1 I tried various circuits of Namie and among them was this Kartodromo Orobico. I enjoyed a lot with the 500 and I even spent hours with notepad to edit the file of on-line trying to make it possible to use in multiplayer. Unfortunately, from v1.2 onwards, this and all other old circuits are no longer compatible. For this I ask, someone might convert the kart track to make it usable with the current version of NKP? The textures, apart from the ones you see black, seem acceptable to me (sorry for the low technical language but we understand very little) so I think there is no much work to do. If they were able to convert it myself, but my knowledge about it are zero ...

ITA: Ciao a tutti. Quando netkar era ancora alla versione 1.1 ho provato vari circuiti della namie e tra questi c'era anche questo Kartodromo Orobico. Mi divertivo tantissimo con la 500 e ho addirittura speso delle ore con notepad per modificare il file dell'on-line cercando di rendere possibile l'utilizzo in multiplayer. Purtroppo dalla v1.2 in poi questo e tutti gli altri vecchi circuiti non sono più compatibili. Per questo chiedo: qualcuno potrebbe convertire il kartodromo per renderlo utilizzabile con la versione attuale di nkp? Le texture, a parte quelle che si vedono nere, mi sembrano accettabili (scusate per il linguaggio poco tecnico ma ci capisco poco track - Anyone remember this track? 11976 ) quindi penso che non ci sia molto lavoro da fare. Se ne fossi capace lo convertirei io stesso, ma le mie conoscenze a riguardo sono pari a zero... Embarassed
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

track - Anyone remember this track? Empty Re: Anyone remember this track?

Post by M Carey Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:39 pm

I remember seeing the track here http://encio.altervista.org/ but now when you click on the download link it says the website has been archived.
    Luca Mosca
    Luca Mosca
    ---
    ---

Post by Luca Mosca Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:36 am

Luca, non so come aiutarti...ma mi informo...Wink
    Luca Orsetti
    Luca Orsetti
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca Orsetti Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:09 pm

For the availability of the original track there is no problem because I have it in my HD.rabbit
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Luca, try to contact Alessandro "OutRunner" Piemontesi. He is the author of this track.
    Check this post, because he wasn't very happy that his content could go from namie to nkpro directly.

Marius, asking him kindly, got the permission to convert Mountain Sprint. Marius got the .max directly from Outrunner.
    You can try to get it for this track as well. In that case the conversion is really simple.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:13 pm

Actually he didn't have the Max in the end, but he did give me permission to convert the track from rFactor. Does Kartodromo exist for any other sim'?
    Luca Orsetti
    Luca Orsetti
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca Orsetti Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    Check this post, because he wasn't very happy that his content could go from namie to nkpro directly.

Oh sorry, I didn't know this... Embarassed
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:54 pm

That was a long time ago, & anyway is no longer the case. He could still have the max for Kartodromo, as I found out there's no harm in asking Smile
    Luca Orsetti
    Luca Orsetti
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca Orsetti Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:55 pm

I thought that converting a circuit from Namie was much easier than rFactor and that there were no legal limits Razz . At this point there are a number of go-kart tracks that I like in rF equally if not more! Very Happy

OT: would not be useful to create a topic where you propose to convert circuits (maybe checking that may be of interest to users)?

Lo scrivo anche in italiano perchè potrei aver detto delle cavolate track - Anyone remember this track? 11976 :
    Io credevo che convertire un circuito dalla Namie fosse molto più facile rispetto ad rFactor e che non ci fossero limiti legali Razz . A questo punto ci sono vari kartodromi su rF che mi piacciono allo stesso modo se non di più! Very Happy

OT: non sarebbe utile creare un topic dove proporre circuiti da convertire (magari verificando quanto possano interessare agli utenti)?
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:16 pm

It depends, whether you consider netKar namie to be the same sim' as nKPro Smile It's easier to convert a circuit from namie, the reason I converted Mountain Sprint from rFactor was on the advice of Outrunner, because it was more up-to-date than the namie ver.

A thread of that sort might be a good idea (as it has happened in the past that people have been working on the same stuff), but considering most conversions are restricted by technical problems or permission (if you respect that kinda thing which not everyone does Smile), it could raise false hope more than anything.
    Luca Orsetti
    Luca Orsetti
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca Orsetti Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Ok ok, I understood everything.Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 pm