Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

3 posters

Correct AIM shift lights for FTarget

Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Correct AIM shift lights for FTarget Empty Correct AIM shift lights for FTarget

Post by Fernando Zart Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:18 pm

Guys, I thought that that someone may be interested in getting the correct rpm shift lights for Ftarget, so here is what I've done:
    Edit the "..\nkpro\cars\FTarget\setup\aim.ini" file and change the RPM*= lines to:
    [AIM]
    RPM1=6400
    RPM2=6500
    RPM3=6600
    RPM4=6700
    RPM5=6800

Enjoy. (Too bad no one drives Ftarget nowadays)Correct AIM shift lights for FTarget 659651
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Correct AIM shift lights for FTarget Empty Re: Correct AIM shift lights for FTarget

Post by René Lorig Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:31 pm

I've set the last one to 7000.
    At the F2000, you can change it up to 6900 and gain more power. (As I did that back in 1.1 days I could gain almost 2 seconds on my PBs)
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Correct AIM shift lights for FTarget Empty Re: Correct AIM shift lights for FTarget

Post by Fernando Zart Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:55 pm

You're right, it can be pushed a little further, but for long races I choose not to risk the engine and so I change gears a split second before red line. (I think that netKar simulates engine weathering during long races?).
    Anyway, excelent tip. I wonder if other cars should have their AIM "optimized" like this; it seems that original values were just throwed in without much testing.
    I was just joking around with vintage, and it can be optimized too...

EDIT: Apparently, vintage has the AIM hardcoded, because changing the aim.ini file doesn't produce any effect. It's a shame that it doesn't have a manual clutch too.

Last edited by Fernando Zart on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:24 am

I don't think nKPro simulates engine wear, but you can damage your engine by over-revving (easily done in the Abarth).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:32 pm