Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

3 posters

Lock the server in the race for new connections

Poll

Do you agree that the admin blind the server in a race = connections not allowed after the green light?

[ 10 ]
    race - Lock the server in the race for new connections Bar_left83%race - Lock the server in the race for new connections Bar_right [83%] 
    [ 2 ]
    race - Lock the server in the race for new connections Bar_left17%race - Lock the server in the race for new connections Bar_right [17%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Poll closed
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Driver
    Driver

race - Lock the server in the race for new connections Empty Lock the server in the race for new connections

Post by Marcello Gabrielli Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi all

Each time a new driver connect to the server, i have some LAG. LAG for me means freeze of the program -> i try to brake and stop, but normally o hit some walls. This is a big problem in the full mode: if you have 100% damage, you crash the car and you're out of the race (as for me in the test-race in Mugello last week).
    With this poll i ask to the driver if you agree to lock the server in order to avoid connections when a race is on.

Hoping to help
    Marcello
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

race - Lock the server in the race for new connections Empty Re: Lock the server in the race for new connections

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Thanks for running the poll, Marcello.

Just a little note: It's not after the green light, but after the qualification ends. So it's not possible to join the race sessions, not even during the waiting time we use for the Warmup.
    This mean that, in case we will have 2 races, it will not be possible for anyone whose connection dropped to join again for race two.

Saying that, I vote YES Smile Tough luck!

MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

race - Lock the server in the race for new connections Empty Re: Lock the server in the race for new connections

Post by MikaRaymond Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:53 pm

its hard to say really. obviously people do have technical problems and its not really fair if they have a crash, timeout or a blackout / electiricty problems (im sure a few people have experienced these problems before) and not being able to join would be so frustrating, considering it wasnt their fault.

saying that, i never have any lag and we need to find out how many people are having this problem. just because it happens to one person doesnt mean it happens to the rest.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:56 pm

I think there wouldn't be any problem keeping the things the way they are (allowed to get in during race), if people would not connect during sessions, but waiting till the end of the session, as we suggested previously. We have a 3 minutes warmup. Time enough to connect once more in case of problems.
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marcello Gabrielli Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi Andrea

Thank you for your explain about how it works in the server configuration.
    It can be ok to add a rule, where you specify that people can re-connect only in the warm-up before the 2nd race and not in the 1st, waiting the end of the current race. Rule means to inform all about it and attach a penalization if the rule is not respected.... ;-)
    but
    you cannot avoid other people connect during a race (see "wolf" coming from the group B to say us there were problems ....).
    Perhaps a solution it can be to have a different password for each race and for each group of a race.

But i agree with you that if all the drivers respect the rule, no problems....

Perhaps it can be good to try to write a reminder like the document i sent to Andrea before the start of the 1st KS2 championship.... Andrea, can you do it?

Bye
    Marcello

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 am