Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+26
paul thomas
Olivier Boissel
M Carey
Wally Masterson
René Lorig
Ruben Grueira
Fernando Zart
Sergio Marques
Martin Hussey
M Waechter
Clive Melbourne
Cédric Lagneau
Lars Scheving
Gary Munson
Stuart Whitehead
Piers Structures
Juan-garcia
andi goodwin
MikaRaymond
henrizio
Christian Grzybofski
giancarlo graziano
Andrea Lojelo
facu88
Victor Villanueva
Jeff Paul
30 posters

1.3 Final

MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

1.3 Final - Page 3 Empty Re: 1.3 Final

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:02 am

M Waechter wrote:-the suspension values changed a lot at all cars.., the general fast rebound setting at the rear is much higher compared to the other values now and the other values are higher / stiffer too.
    so don't keep it only optical as it was usual before (mainly watching at the bars only) when setting up suspension things, you need to have a close look at the specific values at every bar now.
    im having that problem with the ks2. the rear slides out when it wants to, even under braking Sad

time to do some homework...
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:07 am

MikaRaymond wrote:
    M Waechter wrote:-the suspension values changed a lot at all cars.., the general fast rebound setting at the rear is much higher compared to the other values now and the other values are higher / stiffer too.
    so don't keep it only optical as it was usual before (mainly watching at the bars only) when setting up suspension things, you need to have a close look at the specific values at every bar now.
    im having that problem with the ks2. the rear slides out when it wants to, even under braking Sad

it's maybe also because of the less downforce of the KS2 now.. -not only in the high speed corners, it's more difficult to drive now Very Happy I think.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:10 am

M Waechter wrote:
    MikaRaymond wrote:

it's maybe also because of the less downforce of the KS2 now.. -not only in the high speed corners, it's more difficult to drive now Very Happy I think.
    deffinitely. its fantastic! if you saw my videos now though, youd think someone was controlling the rear of the car with a mouse affraid
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:57 am

Christian Grzybofski wrote:I have a problem...with these cars:abarth/1800/1600 i cant race,when i go offline or online with these cars i see only blue sky,the screen is shaking and i hear the car that turns off and on all the time...

Me too, but I don't hear the car turning on or off, I hear something more like an helicopter... my screen keeps flickering and I can try to start the car (I hear the engine trying to catch up then nothing). Happens both online and offline, no matter what track/settings I use... anyone? Even tried to create a totally new driver, etc. Wasted.
    I've deleted *everything* before installing the new version, twice, and tried with old and new driver. No luck. First time ever that nkpro has such a problem here.

EDIT: Seems that the problem was in the nkpro profile that I had on RadeonPro (the little utility that controls AMD video settings). Deleted the profile and now everything is working just fine. YAY! Smile
    Christian Grzybofski
    Christian Grzybofski
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Christian Grzybofski Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:48 am

I reinstalled the game and everything works fine now,dont know what happened at first install which was the same with the second..
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Had a chance to install and test now, i've got to say theres some huge improvement. Not entirely sure on the Vintage replica. Seems a bit wishy washy at times. But the KS2 is great.

Not had a chance to race online yet, so the verdict on collisions is yet to come. But if the rest of the update is anything to go by then it cant go wrong.

And Mika, if you feel the need to comment on my every word just to justify your existence, then fine. But the guy was out of line, swearing and blaming the game for a mistake on his part. No need to start shouting like Kunos did it deliberately just to annoy him. Going off the rails doesnt achieve anything. Politely asking for help does.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:51 pm

your attitude stinks mate. the way you talk to people is out of order. if you tried being nice, people might actually like you.

and if you think i was "shouting at him" and "going off the rails" then you seriously misinterpret things differently than most people :/

im glad you like the game so far. get yourself online and test the new collision model - its in a league apart from previous versions Very Happy
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:45 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:your attitude stinks mate. the way you talk to people is out of order. if you tried being nice, people might actually like you.

and if you think i was "shouting at him" and "going off the rails" then you seriously misinterpret things differently than most people :/

im glad you like the game so far. get yourself online and test the new collision model - its in a league apart from previous versions Very Happy

Think you've misunderstood. I know you werent shouting, and didnt say that you were Wink

Also, i've been around the interwebs long enough to not make a fuss about people actually liking me. My online persona doesn't reflect on my 'real life' attitudes or behaviour. I use the internet for my own enjoyment. If i wanted a popularity contest i'd go back to school. Smile If i took everything on the internet seriously i think i'd have actually killed myself.

Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Tried some races online yesterday. The new netcode is way better than the old. I could even slipstream and do very close battles without problems, several times, in a single race. Now it is worth to play online! Thanks, Kunos.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Collisions are near enough perfect. I was REALLY happy when a guy span in front of me and i hit him. Just smashed off the side of him and ran across the grass into a wall. Perfect!
    Ruben Grueira
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ruben Grueira Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi, there is a FOV bug in this version. at least with 3 monitors you change the FOV value and nothing happen.. Any idea?

Sorry now i read in the other post of "beta incoming" the same problem. thanks!
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Does anyone know how to turn off the Connection Quality Indicator? I mean the thing which is blinking at the left side of the screen? It's distracting sometimes. For me it's always between 95 and 98, I see no reason in it to be blinking when the "Net Q" is this high.
    andi goodwin
    Driver
    Driver

Post by andi goodwin Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:10 pm

is there any way i can turn the "new full shadows in mirrors off" or does any one have an idea if it is possible to turn shadows off completely ( foor some reason im using up a lot more FPS than the beta edition)

thanks

Andi
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:27 pm

You can turn off the shaders in the mirrors. It's "DISABLE_SHADERS=1" in your cfg/nkpro.ini (nK main folder).
    Also, It seems to me that there is more lag and bad FPS in multiplayer. Sad
    Christian Grzybofski
    Christian Grzybofski
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Christian Grzybofski Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:40 pm

What the f*** is going on?Yesterday after second install everythings run well and today when i logged in to drive a little the same bug appeared..i cant drive abarth/1600/1800..Any ideas?
    Juan-garcia
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Juan-garcia Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:56 am

try reintall direcx 9 and gfx drivers, hope you r lucky
    Wally Masterson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Wally Masterson Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:07 am

Christian Grzybofski wrote:What the f*** is going on?Yesterday after second install everythings run well and today when i logged in to drive a little the same bug appeared..i cant drive abarth/1600/1800..Any ideas?

Did you try to restore any backed up car setups? I had similar problems until I deleted everything and did a clean install, and then only put back my own setup files into the setup folder (avoid copying cfg.ini, ts.nkts and nkdksetup.nkst) from your backed up setups.
    Christian Grzybofski
    Christian Grzybofski
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Christian Grzybofski Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:11 pm

Wally Masterson wrote:Did you try to restore any backed up car setups? I had similar problems until I deleted everything and did a clean install, and then only put back my own setup files into the setup folder (avoid copying cfg.ini, ts.nkts and nkdksetup.nkst) from your backed up setups.

When i install the game i do what you telling me and everything works fine but after a restart of pc the problem appears again.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:28 pm

have you tried to play with your video options in nk?
    Christian Grzybofski
    Christian Grzybofski
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Christian Grzybofski Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:53 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:have you tried to play with your video options in nk?

Of course!
    Juan-garcia
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Juan-garcia Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:24 pm

tries reinstall direcx? and graphic drivers?

by the way the new options in controls for brake, linear or non linear whay is suposed to used with standard pedals? linear?
    Christian Grzybofski
    Christian Grzybofski
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Christian Grzybofski Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:25 pm

I reinstalled directx and downloaded the newest graphic drivers of course too,nothing changed..
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:13 pm

Just a question: Are there any other people who experience the same drop of performance in general/on many tracks? The new version seems to be not well optimized, because I get a lot more lag in MP-sessions and FPS drops on many different tracks. What shall I do?
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:47 pm

René Lorig wrote:Just a question: Are there any other people who experience the same drop of performance in general/on many tracks? The new version seems to be not well optimized, because I get a lot more lag in MP-sessions and FPS drops on many different tracks. What shall I do?

For me performance is very much the same as in 1.2, 1.3 beta, I have to mention I did not compare exact FPS values compared to 1.3beta so far, but performance seems quite the same for me.
    Don't know, but maybe it helps a very little bit to turn off the shaders in mirrors again, before the 1.3final no shaders were used in mirror display, this can be set in the nkpro.ini file*, also
    turning off v-miror saves a lot performance as always on my PC.., but if possible I use it to have a better look at the back.
    Is there really more lag ? I don't discovered much lag so far -still have to test more in MP, I think with new netcode cars positions on track are more stable at least.

*edit: I tried with no shaders in mirrors, but there's no much difference, you gain only 2-8 FPS by turning off shaders in mirrors, so you can left it turned on.

Last edited by M Waechter on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:15 am

I just have to publicly state that my love for nKPro has been reignited... that's all Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:28 pm