Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

5 posters

G25 brake pedal issue

M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

G25 brake pedal issue Empty G25 brake pedal issue

Post by M Carey Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Just today I've been having an issue with my brakes applying when I am off them (& on the throttle). Here's a replay: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20851079/edit_Formula2000_snetterton_2.nkr Heading into the final corner it's fine, then exiting the brakes start applying in what looks like quick bursts (I was wondering why what felt like an ok lap was so slow Razz), than as I start the next lap it gets even worse with more brake pressure. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem's?
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

G25 brake pedal issue Empty Re: G25 brake pedal issue

Post by M Carey Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:28 pm

G25 brake pedal issue Untitl12
    That's with no pressure being applied to the pedals. It appears the throttles slightly sticking as well as the brake fluctuating. I've contacted Logitech to see what they have to say (even though my G25's out of warranty). Looks like I might be saving up for some CSP's though.
    Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marco Calesella Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:50 am

If I understood correctly your problem, for the gas it should be enough to recalibrate inside the game so that the zero in game correspond to zero signal (push "set min" when gas pedal released)
    About the brake you have probably problem with pot, probably moving, dirty or worn out.

Since you are out of warranty, open the pedals and see if the brake pot is fixed. If not lock it lol!
    If the pot is stricltly locked, try to clean the pot (compressed air, but there are also specific products to clean pot).
    If it doesn't solve your problem, you should replace the pot with a new one or you could swap the brake pot with the clutch pot (should have the same characteristics). It's more important to have a stable brake than a stable clutch! Very Happy

The best solution should be to repalce all the original pots with Hall Effect Pot. This one is an example,e electrically compatible with the proposed use, but to be checked if also "mechanically" (mounting, total rotation etc.) applicable to G25 pedals.

Hope it helps! G25 brake pedal issue 659651
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:53 pm

Recalibration doesn't seem to fix the issue. The problem seems worse when I come off the brakes or throttle gently, but the brake's a lot worse (really noticeable in game), although a quick burst of throttle isn't exactly brilliant when your mid-corner Razz If Logitech don't get back to me today (it'll be 48hrs) I'll crack on & open up my pedals. I've already had a look into swapping the brake & clutch, it looks like both pedals & springs can be swapped fairly easily Smile I'll have a go at cleaning them first though. Thanks Marco.
    Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marco Calesella Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Ok, probably your pots are coming to end of their life.... Crying or Very sad
    If you google G25 pot problem or similar you'll find a lot of topics on it (by the way typical for this type of pot whit mechanical wear).

The brake and clutch pots should be the same, not sure that the same apply also to springs. Brake spring should be way more hard. nevertheless can't be sure since my G25 pedals are still packaged, since I never used it.

Last edited by Marco Calesella on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Send them to me then Very Happy (just kidding). Logitech just emailed me back, asking me to try general stuff I already have. They also wanted a copy of my invoice, so maybe they will offer a replacement or something ::whistle::
    Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marco Calesella Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:21 pm

M Carey wrote:Send them to me then Very Happy (just kidding). ...

We can try to reach an agreement Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Joke apart, Logitech after sales support is very good, probably they'll find the best solution for you, even if your warranty period is finished. G25 brake pedal issue 361709
    henrizio
    Driver
    Driver

Post by henrizio Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:45 pm

I had once strange behavior in my G25 pedals. Reason was the loose cable connection behind the wheel. It was hard to locate at first 'cos I just thought pedals were dying. In my mind cable issue should appear more like on/off. ::whistle::
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:58 pm

M Carey wrote:Just today I've been having an issue with my brakes applying when I am off them (& on the throttle). Here's a replay: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20851079/edit_Formula2000_snetterton_2.nkr Heading into the final corner it's fine, then exiting the brakes start applying in what looks like quick bursts (I was wondering why what felt like an ok lap was so slow Razz), than as I start the next lap it gets even worse with more brake pressure. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem's?

the crank is the weak point of the G25 and G27, when the stroke of the brake pedal and accelerator pedal does not go further or is between 95 and 100 %, it is the end of life! nothing to do but report it to the after sales service that Logitech is very familiar with this problem
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:26 pm

Yippee, despite being out of warranty, Logitech are gonna replace my G25 as a good gesture of the company Very Happy
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:42 pm

M Carey wrote:Yippee, despite being out of warranty, Logitech are gonna replace my G25 as a good gesture of the company Very Happy

Super Marius!!!!!!!!!!, Logitech knows that his main fault is that damn pedal, and have been for many years, incomprehensible that still have not found the solution, but their after sales service is amazing!!!!!
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:44 pm

as well as it did over G25, you will receive a G27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:45 pm

I've asked if I only have to send back the pedals (& not the wheel) Razz I assume they'll want the whole lot though. Anyway I can't complain, it's free after all Smile
    Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marco Calesella Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Marco Calesella wrote:
    M Carey wrote:Send them to me then Very Happy (just kidding). ...

We can try to reach an agreement Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Joke apart, Logitech after sales support is very good, probably they'll find the best solution for you, even if your warranty period is finished. G25 brake pedal issue 361709

As said....

The only solution for Logitech could be to use contactless sensor (Hall pot for example), but 3 of them cost probably way more than the G25 pedals.
    There are also many other cheap solution ("home made" optical sensors for example), but at the moment applied only for DIY modifications.
    Probably pots used by Logitech are not of the best quality, but that problem is more or less common also for other brand as long as they use pot with mechanical contacts.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Logitech do want the whole wheel set Sad Shame I'm going to miss my G25, we have had a lot of fun together (cue the heart shaped video montage).
    Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marco Calesella Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:55 am

Things have changed, when I had a problem with my DFP Pro they asked me to cut the USB cable and send back only the cutted part.

They sent to me a brand new DFP Pro, the old one remained to me as spare for the non damaged parts (no the USB cable naturally Very Happy )
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:29 am

Well my G27 arrived this evening, 2 weeks late thanks to UPS, who unbelievably nearly delivered it to the wrong person again (although the idiot did say they were me :s). Anyhoo I'm glad to be back. I have to say I do miss the rattles of my G25, as although the FFB of the G27 is smoother it's also weaker. It's like going from a bucking bronco to a timid horse. Also I dunno why they've changed the shape of the wheel, it's giving me a little bit of hand cramp. I can't complain too much though, after all it was free Very Happy
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:44 am

ive never heard someone complain so much after recieving a £250 toy for free.

shut up you woman!
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:47 am

MikaRaymond wrote:shut up you woman!
    You sexest pig Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content