Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+14
Vincenzo Vanore
giancarlo graziano
Vaggelis
Claudio Gandolfi
Fabio Grippa
mario gilles
Marcello Gabrielli
marco boni
M Carey
M Waechter
Clive Melbourne
Maarten Steverink
MikaRaymond
Andrea Lojelo
18 posters

10 Feb 2011: Suzuka

giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

2011 - 10 Feb 2011: Suzuka - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Feb 2011: Suzuka

Post by giancarlo graziano Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:32 pm

Theo..
    If they race for example in spa..before the join the server they look to the spa in weather conditions and if in this time its raining there they play spa in rain!
    lovely..and very nice idea!! degree fully
    Vincenzo Vanore
    Vincenzo Vanore
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vincenzo Vanore Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:47 pm

The end.... Molti colpi di scena a Suzuka, alla fine l'ha spuntata Gek, rinnovo i complimenti, ottimo campionato.
    Ringrazio coloro che hanno oganizzato il campionato, e tutti i partecipanti che hanno contribuito allo svolgimento dello stesso.
    Grazie ancora !!! ci vediamo in pista asciutta o bagnata che sia Very Happy
    Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vaggelis Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:59 pm

@Grippa the point is that noone knows the weather conditions..If u keep it all the week then it will be kinda the same as the championship we just finished...If everyone doesnt know,it will have more suspense who will be faster-winner! If we do this we approach more the real thing! Also if a guy is faster that everyone else doesnt mean he will win because other guys made practise in rain conditions because the thought that in the race day it will have rain! The odds are changing! Its more complicated-interesting! We let everyone to decide how they will prepare for the race!

@Graziano i dint understand u..U agree or disagree? lol
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:19 pm

i think the weather idea is very good but i think having so many qualifications is a bad idea. i think a simple 20 mins quali would be good, with a sprint race then longer race. if you decide to choose to have a knockout qualification, i recommend something like this:

quali 1 - 15 mins > top 7 drivers through
    quali 2 - 10 mins
    race 1 - 20 mins (laps)
    race 2 - 40 mins (laps) inverted grid (top 6).

i guess quali isnt so important as you only get 1 point for pole. plus, having a shorter qualify time means its more exciting and puts the drivers under more pressure to perform so they can put in their best lap.

like i said, the weather thing is a good idea but i think anything longer than 25/30 mins quali is just too long Smile
    Chris Kehagias
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Chris Kehagias Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Well I agree with Vaggelis but….

In nkPro there is no use to have 3 qual periods like they do in F1 because only 15drivers are in a server.

My suggestion is that we could have 2 qual periods like this :

Q1 ) 15 mins so the best 7 drivers pass to Q2 .
    Q2 ) 10 mins qual in order to have the pole for the 7 best .

With this there ‘s not much time for the drivers to do a lot of laps and if a fast driver stack in traffic that could set him out of Q2 . So better chances for slow drivers. In Q2 the drivers will have time to do 3-4 fast laps I guess so that means that they have to be really prepared to set their PB in that time. 1 point I think its ok for the pole man, and after all he will probably be the one turning first on T1

I thing that way qual will be more exiting and more realistic.

About the two races I don’t find it very useful (if we want to do a champ like F1)
    I think one race, long enough, will do for good, because the drivers must have not only set the car properly but they must have a good strategy in order to take the win.

For the weather I don’t have a problem and I think it’s a good idea especially that we are getting away from winter Razz
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 pm

i completely agree with chris. however if we DO have 1 long race, maybe a rule should state that a driver must pit at least once. setting the number of laps to total 150l (for example) means the driver has to do this. now most of us know how the ks2 works and reacts with the tyres, it will be a great challenge to set the car up and make the races more exciting.

on the other hand i think having 2 races is also a good idea. it gives people who crashed / DNF in race 1 to have another chance of grabbing some points. the inverted top 6 drivers is also a good idea as the faster people have more of a challenge to grab some better points.

i think both ideas are fantastic (as well as the weather conditions) but obviously a set date for each track will have to be done, followed by a decision to race in the dry or wet going off weather conditions at that particular time Smile 8 races is enough for a season because any longer is too long i think. people need a break from the game and 2 months at once is quite long enough, especially if we go with the long races.

it also enters my mind that 1 week isnt enough to set the car up for 50 lap races?
    Chris Kehagias
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Chris Kehagias Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:35 pm

Well to be honest i feel a little bit tired from the KS2 champ
    and that's because we had to race every week. I think if we race every 15 days it could be more relaxed for everyone and will
    give more time for preparation to everyone.

If the races are similar to an F1 champ then we can race around 60-70 laps I don't think that the KS2 can do this laps with full tank. So we definitely need to pit. If we don't want to race to many laps then we can have 1 pit mandatory
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:20 am

I agree that the races were too close together. Not all of us get the chance to practice every night, so just a week doesnt give us time to set up a car and learn a new track.

I also think that if we're to race in the wet, the race length will have to be reduced. racing in the wet is incredibly draining. I think pushing our physical endurance that much might start to put people off. Just driving about 10 laps on my own last night left me exhausted. Multiply that 7 times, under racing pressure, and i certainly dont think i could manage it :/
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:33 am

ive had a little think and suggest either of the following for race events:

SUGGESTION ONE
    Qualify 1 - 15 mins > top 8 through
    Qualify 2 - 10 mins > final grid order
    Race - 1 hour(?) with mandatory pitstop. total fuel +100l to enforce this

SUGGETSION TWO
    Qualify - 20 mins
    Race 1 - 20 mins
    Race 2 - 40 mins

All races based on current weather conditions.

i also agree with martin. dependant on how the races are setup, i think taking 1/3 off the final #laps in 30/40%+ weather conditions is a must.

2 weeks should also be adequate enough for people to prepare themselves. however i think if we have this long to prepare for the race, i suggest suggestion one because its much harder to create a setup which will last for 1 hour rather than 15/20 mins Smile
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:00 am

Problem with your suggestion 1 is (if i understand correctly) the starting list would have to be entered manually. This happened with the GPC races with the prequalifying system, and took time. Also wasn't 100% perfect.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:03 am

Martin Hussey wrote:Problem with your suggestion 1 is (if i understand correctly) the starting list would have to be entered manually. This happened with the GPC races with the prequalifying system, and took time. Also wasn't 100% perfect.

i dont have that much experience in nkp so wouldnt know how that would be approached, just taking ideas from what people have suggested having two qualify sessions Smile
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:32 am

i can see two big problem with the suggestion 1:
    it will require some programming to automate the entry list for qual 2
    what are the other guys doing in the meanwhile?
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:33 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:i can see two big problem with the suggestion 1:

staying in the pits?

its not a big problem because this method was done in OWRL in the BF1 champ. 10 mins isnt long anyway Very Happy however i do think anything longer than 20/30 mins for qualifying is too long.

we could always just do 1 qual and a 1h race? i dunno mate, im only making suggestions Smile
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:44 am

MikaRaymond wrote:
    Andrea Lojelo wrote:i can see two big problem with the suggestion 1:

staying in the pits?

its not a big problem because this method was done in OWRL in the BF1 champ. 10 mins isnt long anyway Very Happy however i do think anything longer than 20/30 mins for qualifying is too long.

we could always just do 1 qual and a 1h race? i dunno mate, im only making suggestions Smile

We cant even get everybody to stay in pit before qualifying on a normal race! Razz
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:38 am

the problem is that there is no automatic way for such a thing. If you want to do like in F1, you should have qualification times reset for the first 8 drivers, when the second part of the qualification starts. This is not possible unless you do it with additional programming to create a custom grid and going in and out of the server at each session. neither easy nor practical.

The reason for having a 30 min qualification is to give everyone the possibility to do their last real practice before the race. In 30 min everyone will have their fair chance, despite the traffic that you might can get in some laps.

On the qualification I usually improve a lot my times (I did my PB in each event during qualification), just because it's the only time I can do a long practice without distractions. At the end it put me in the mood of the race.
    The last championship was without full mode, so everything was much much easier. With full mode, when a small touch will cost you at least a 10 min stop in the box for reparation, you will see that 30 min are even not enough!

I really hope Kunos will find some time to fix our beloved Full Mode
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:05 pm

maybe one qualification is the answer then. obviously people have their own opinions but if its technically difficult to do that then staying with one would be the most sensible solution - especially with full mode.

now its just the question whether people would like to stay with the 2 race event or switch over to a longer, one race event. i can see advantages with both so i guess its just what people would prefer. maybe casting a vote, Andrea?
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:41 pm

I love endurance races. We organized quite a lot of them in the past.

But, even on this I can see some problems, at least with the current release.
    Osella, that would probably be the car chosen for the next championship, has, at least for now, a very tiny fuel tank (12 liters only). I'm not sure if kunos didn't set it correctly for now, or it's really that small.

At Magny Cours, for example we can do just 8 laps without pits. Having long races will mean stopping very often (every 10-15 min).
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:16 pm

KS2 again for next champ!!!! cheers
    Osella seem to be quite boring to drive...ks2 with some wet race would be amazing!! Let's have again a vote for the next champ car...

I'll be anyway happy for each car will be choosen...
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:18 pm

What about the Vintage Sad
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:23 pm

I think, once the stupid collision bug is fixed, that the Vintage would be great for a championship. Reason being it can take a bit of knocking around from other cars. My main fear about racing online is ruining somebody elses race with a tiny little touch. I wont be entering any full mode races until the collision bug is fixed. It would just be unfair to send out a whole grid when one tiny touch at the front of the pack could destroy the whole race.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Martin Hussey wrote:I wont be entering any full mode races until the collision bug is fixed.
    I did some experiments, few days back, and seems to be that the multiple collision bug (car speed doubling every other contact, with car flying around at 400km/h...Paul, do you know anything about that? What a Face ) is fixed.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    Martin Hussey wrote:I wont be entering any full mode races until the collision bug is fixed.
    I did some experiments, few days back, and seems to be that the multiple collision bug (car speed doubling every other contact, with car flying around at 400km/h...Paul, do you know anything about that? What a Face ) is fixed.

I was touched in the pit lane at about 30km/h and got rolled on my side. I also went up somebodies arse on T 4 at aviano and we both had an unexpected flying lesson.

It doesnt seem as bad as it used to be, but i wouldnt call it fixed.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:42 pm

I'm not saying that all collisions are perfect now. I've seen some strange behaviour also.
    I just said that that specific bug seems to be solved.
    You always need to see what exacly nk logged. that's the only "real" information you have.
    if you have a lag, for example, there is nothing you can do about it.

This thing is that a proper report of a bug can lead to the solution easily. If you see something strange, try to find a way to reproduce the error and document it with the log/replay. This can help a lot.
    Try to replicate the problem is a 'safe' environment with people you know, so you can be sure that no other factor are interfering.
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    Just got my card this morning and installed 1.3 .. I was trying out the new cars so I dont know really Wink
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:17 pm

to be honest im not really interested in anything other than the KS2. i do agree the osella would be quite a good car but the only real reason im playing nkp is because of the KS2. maybe you can have both KS2 and osella champs so that people can enter into the one which they like most?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:44 am