Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+8
Piers Structures
Pobb R Tippet
M Waechter
MikaRaymond
MarcoLM
Paul O'Brien
Rudy van Buren
Andrea Lojelo
12 posters

13 Oct 2011: Suzuka

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

13 Oct 2011: Suzuka Empty 13 Oct 2011: Suzuka

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:21 am

13 Oct 2011: Suzuka Suzukae

Welcome to the third race of the KS2 Series 2011.05: Suzuka

Here is the schedule:
    21:00 (GTM+1) Briefing in our Chat
    Qualification: 20 minutes. No restriction on the amount of laps
    Warmup: 5 min (waiting time before the race session)
    Race 1: 35 laps

Full Mode will NOT be used.

To avoid some more problem we will not use Full Mode for this race.
    You will be allowed to do whatever you want. In case of damage on your car you can press ESC, fix it and continue, even during the race.

We expect anyone to drive carefully anyway, avoiding problems.

Real weather will be used:

Rudy van Buren
    Rudy van Buren
    Driver
    Driver

13 Oct 2011: Suzuka Empty Re: 13 Oct 2011: Suzuka

Post by Rudy van Buren Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:10 am

time for some rain!
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:25 pm

looks like i miss out this race too 13 Oct 2011: Suzuka 29413
    MarcoLM
    MarcoLM
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MarcoLM Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:58 pm

13 Oct 2011: Suzuka 67322

[img]13 Oct 2011: Suzuka Nkscr_15[/img]
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:13 am

is anyone else having problems with rear grip / overheating / degredation? Sad
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:51 am

MikaRaymond wrote:is anyone else having problems with rear grip / overheating / degredation? Sad

maybe don't try to drive like hamilton in Suzuka (destroying tires in s.th. about four laps), more do drive button-like. Wink

I don't know, haven't tested yet. -I'm even thinking about to not take part in racing anymore Sad, because of saving (cool down) some of my nerves with all this addidional 'pressure' when driving,
    (it affects even my heart -little heart-issues was always an issue for me caused by the nerves-, / I'm getting too "old" for all this driving beside all the other things that are to do also).
    Pobb R Tippet
    Pobb R Tippet
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Pobb R Tippet Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:02 pm

oooh rain will even things up a bit hopefully - lets just see if i can make time on thursday to race
    Piers Structures
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Piers Structures Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:54 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:is anyone else having problems with rear grip / overheating / degredation? Sad

I'm so freaking slow I'm having problems with my tyres lasting too long - the guys in the pit's won't change them, they just say clean the gravel off them and they will look brand new.
    Piers Structures
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Piers Structures Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:56 pm

M Waechter wrote:I'm even thinking about to not take part in racing anymore Sad, because of saving (cool down) some of my nerves with all this addidional 'pressure' when driving,
    (it affects even my heart -little heart-issues was always an issue for me caused by the nerves-, / I'm getting too "old" for all this driving beside all the other things that are to do also).

Noooooooo!! Us old git's have to stick together! Slow those alien bastards down by ... by ... by ... well if all else fails I'll throw my zimmer frame out the car when they lap me. Ha! See how you like that Raymond!
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:26 pm

lol, yeah I need a zimmer frame too soon I guess btw. *joke*, -..really: my left knee is getting bad slowly, because it can't take the feedback-power of the brake pedal that much anymore (a less stiffer spring
    behind the pedal would be more healthy for my leg/knee Wink).

maybe I would need a nvidia graphic-card, to get a slightly better performance (don't think so.., but faster guys are all having a good/fast system with mostly a nvidia card installed, that makes it probably easier).
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:07 pm

even driving conservitavely still means the rears overheat and die after only 3/4 laps. guess ill just have to do my best and drive round the problem.

having a nvidia card over an AMD card doesnt give you any more of an advantage. how would that fix your knee? Razz

joking aside, if you find it difficult to even press the brake pedal then should you even be walking on it?
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:07 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:joking aside, if you find it difficult to even press the brake pedal then should you even be walking on it?

Of course the walking weight is high too, maybe higher than pressing that pedal, but the 'problem' is that the pressing of the pedal is an unnatural move (flexed knee) and the weight is even maybe quite high for
    some moments, when you walk on the pedal very suddenly/fast.. .
    Maybe it would be worth a try to use/assign the left clutch pedal as the braking pedal, lol, -but that one would be a bit too easy/light for a good braking feeling, ..don't know it would maybe be only a matter to get
    used to it.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:06 am

health comes first mate. its a great idea to map the clutch pedal as the brake. im sure youll get used to it with time Smile
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:51 am

MikaRaymond wrote:health comes first mate. ..

Honestly I haven't really problems with the knee (much) of course, but I just want to save it a bit from all this pumping on the pedal when testing many hours.
    -Mainly I want to save my nerves, they are getting too 'lightning-like fast' activated when training them that much Razz (and that also affects the general heart-action in a bit of a negative way).
    Rudy van Buren
    Rudy van Buren
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Rudy van Buren Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:16 pm

rain Very Happy?
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Looking at the forecasts I really doubt. It will be announced anyway in 1-2 hours, according with the weather at that time.

By the way, congratulations for you wonderful 2nd place overall at the iRacing.com Japan Grand Prix.

iRacingNews wrote:
    Nearly 250 iRacers took advantage of last Saturday’s 2011 iRacing.com Japan Grand Prix at Suzuka International Circuit to see if they could “be like Jenson” — ie Jenson Button, who scored his third win of the 2011 World Drivers Championship at Suzuka on Sunday.
    Sebastian Schmalenbach (DE-AT-CH) topped the highest strength of field race of the day, leading 35 of 53 laps en route to an 8.716s victory over Rudy van Buren (Benelux) with Jake Stergios (New England) another .7s adrift of van Buren’s Williams-Toyota FW31.

Rudy van Buren
    Rudy van Buren
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Rudy van Buren Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:36 pm

After the previous F1 event at Spa where i got 2nd i was looking forward to this event and challenge to get a step higher on the podium. Towards the weekend i did quite some quali running earlyer in the week, until i came to a point where i didnt have the time to practice on for the races. On the race day i had some visitors during the day and wasnt really able to do the race practice that i wanted, but on that point i thought i still had 2 hours to go and could do some valueble running in that time. Though after this Quali session Jake told me that the race was starting in 5 minuts so i was confused and found out that i checked the times wrong. I thought it said the GMT time so i needed to add 2 hours on it, but it was already in there so it was a bit of a rush to go into the race with about 10 laps on race fuel in.

All in all i didnt have the best qualifing and ended up in p5 on the grid. The start was decent and i could keep my position during the first hafe of the stint until the lack or practice started to grab me with a set that got to much understear during the middle of the stint towards the end. That combined with the fact that on a track like this overtaking is pretty difficult with the downforce lost wenn u are close to a car infront made it hard to attack, and eventually i let Jake by who was behind me and had more pace wich gave me the 6th position entering the first rounds of pitstops.

After the pitstops i ended in the same position as i went in, but i could stick a slightly better pace and go to the front with Jake who about 1 second infront of me at that time. The whole stint we had a good pace together and since i was 2 laps heaver i could pass him in the pitstops and we ended up in p2 and 3 going into the last stint.

During the stint we were able to close the gap a slight bit towards the leader, but he did he job well in the first stint wenn he was in clear air and opend up the gap wich was never possible to close for us. The race ended in p2 for me and 3 for jake.

All in all a slightly disapointing result from my side, i defenatly hoped for more in this race and im sure with some more practice time in the win could have been possible, we showed compaireble pace to the race winner in stint 2 and 3, so all together the starting position and practice time caught us both out in the race.

this is my personal vieuw on the race for if you wonder, as u read it could have been better.

For tonight im about to run my first laps on the combo in a little bit Very Happy
    f.gek
    ---
    ---

Post by f.gek Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:40 pm

io mi ricordavo che suzuka era in mezzo ad un deserto ... e che li non pioveva mai :-) geekgeekgeekgeekgeekgeekgeek
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:02 pm

13 Oct 2011: Suzuka 29

Partly Cloudy

We will have 0% Rain (SUN) tonight.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:05 pm

guys, please don't forget your allocation
    Rudy van Buren
    Rudy van Buren
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Rudy van Buren Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:44 pm

sorry there is something i got to take care of tonight, ill be there again in 2 weeks, allocation is updated.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:47 pm

too bad! I hope to see you in our Zandvoort race in 1 week.
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:29 am

Andrea Lanzino
    Andrea Lanzino
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrea Lanzino Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:48 am

hi ...i don't know what happen ...but i'm sure there is something bad during race...
    Once upon a time there was a bad multiplayer and every colliction was justified By multiplayer fault. I never think that but ...now multiplayer is good, but player on track driving too much aggressive find often contact side by side. Yesterday my race was ruined by a contact @ 2nd lap.
    i'm very frustrating of that ...because i think that in day race there should be more attention for all....
    So i hope better race next time ...
    My congratulations goes to dawson ...great driver and great moment on track....
    see u
    p.s. after fist lap lap counter was fault ...reveal -1 lap from first??? what happen?
    p.p.s. scuse fro my english
    Piers Structures
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Piers Structures Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Andrea, you had contact with me around lap2. I'd just overtaken you on the inside into turn 1, I was on the the inside line into turn 2 and had a little moment just as you came alongside me. Our wheels hit and you took the worst of it (being on the outside you checked my wiggle but then you had some extra momentum to deal with and went wide onto the grass). I can only apologies for the wiggle but I don't feel the overtake was too aggressive and I was consciously trying to leave room for you (perhaps if I'd been a bit more aggressive and shut the door, you wouldn't have had any chance to pull alongside). Unfortunately such incidents are part of racing - but never less I'm really sorry to have been the cause of your misfortune.

My own race was OK and while I qualified only 12th, I managed to crawl my way up to 5th before f la raspa spun in-front of me around lap 38 (ish) and I had to slowly drive back to the pits for repair and watched as my decent fifth dwindled to an acceptable eighth. With Juan's third place Vulture Racing is showing joint forth which is very nice indeed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:48 am