Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+14
Vincenzo Vanore
giancarlo graziano
Vaggelis
Claudio Gandolfi
Fabio Grippa
mario gilles
Marcello Gabrielli
marco boni
M Carey
M Waechter
Clive Melbourne
Maarten Steverink
MikaRaymond
Andrea Lojelo
18 posters

10 Feb 2011: Suzuka

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

10 Feb 2011: Suzuka Empty 10 Feb 2011: Suzuka

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:45 pm

10 Feb 2011: Suzuka Ks21champsuzuka

Last event (9th) of our KS2 Championship: Suzuka

The championship title is still wide open with Fulvio "Fox" Genova and Mika Raymond with the same amount of points after 16 races!

With 62 potential points still to be assigned, so everything can happen.
    I will be a very exciting end of the season.
    This is the current driver standings:
    DriverChampionship PointsPoint difference
    Fulvio Genova3180
    Mika Raymond3180
    Vincenzo Vanore285-33
    Antonio Lallo245-73
    Andrea Lojelo228-90

Each of these drivers can still mathematically raise a Radiator Springs Piston Cup!

Here is the schedule:
    Meeting point: Website Chat: 21:00 CET (GTM+1)
    Briefing: 21:15
    Stay in pit session: 5 minutes (in this session you must stay in pit)
    Qualify: 30 min
    Race 1: 10 laps
    Warmup 5 minutes
    Race 2: 22 laps (inverted grid for the first 6 drivers)

Please don't forget your allocation for the race
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

10 Feb 2011: Suzuka Empty Re: 10 Feb 2011: Suzuka

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:59 am

Live timing even on Radiators-champ.com server!

Thanks to Stefano Schivari (iraceonline) now we have the live timing on our server also.

Here is Suzuka

You can access to it from the homepage also in the Hotlap Live section.

Happy training!
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:29 pm

The two worst results of the season for each driver will be discarded.

can someone please explain this to me with a bit more information?
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:04 am

where is it written, Mika? because for this season we decided, since the beginning, to delete this rule, since it was creating more troubles than advantages (at least in Full Mode).
    I remember we had this discussion somewhere here in the forum.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:25 am

its in the Rules section under Championship on the homepage mate.

i have to agree its a very silly idea. if we were to use this rule it would mean Gek would technically have more points than me even though he had 2 worse races (1 pt compared to my 25 pts).

i think you should re-write the rules for the KS2 champ specifically for the next season. you already know a few things which need to be added which will help make things a bit clearer Wink
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:40 am

Good comments (or better saying constructive criticism) are always appreciated.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:38 am

im at work all day tomorrow so one last word from me before i see you on the track.

good luck to everyone who is attending, especially to gek and vanore. all the best to you both Smile

it has been a fantastic first season and i sincerely hope we all have a great race without any problems. thanks to all who have made this possible and thanks to everyone who participated. lets make it a fantastic final race!

see you tomorrow!
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Guys, as you all know, tonight it will be a very tough battle for the title.

Please respect our rules, and if you are some lap down, don't interfere in anyway with other drivers (it means, even if you are faster, don't push drivers at full laps, respect a wide safety distance).

Let's have a nice ending of the season.

Good luck to you all.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Tonight just after the race we will do some small races in 500 and F2000 on Aosta and Aviano, because from Kunos Simulazioni they asked me some replays of races on their track.
    Just join our server (no password) and have some nice and clean race. Maybe we will be in a nice presentation video.
    We will race there just after Suzuka's race.
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:00 am

Unfortunatly i couldn't race at Suzuka, because of severe lag (fps?) issues.

Wasn't my track anyway.

Maarten
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:33 am

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DDOMZFZF group B replay
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:07 am

I only testet a hour closely before the event, so my setup and practice was not at 100%.
    My fastest complete quali-lap was one second away from my pb.. , so not fast silent .
    In the races my setup was a bit too oversteering at the front, had one value too much of front wing.., and so I lost the rear a few times when not being careful enough:
    crashed in race 1 (t2) and also a little bit in race 2 (t7), but could drive back to the pits in race 2 and continue.. then I made my car spin (in t9) and lost several positions because of this.
    All in all not my best racing day, -I could have managed to drive a bit more constant than I did.. .

replay groupA:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/447270038/RSR_FormulaKS2_Suzuka_groupA_races.zip

thx for to the whole RSR team and track developers for a great season !
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:33 am

Congratulations to Gek for the Championship title!

Such a pity that in race1 Gek, Vincenzo and Mika have been taken out by the usual multiple contacts bug.
    Nice strike! It was difficult to take out 5 cars scattered around the corner! At least all of the title contenders have been taken out together.

The only good part of it, is that I've a nice replay, and a good log to show to Kunos. Quite clear what happen there.

Just as many other real life titles assigned to the last race, it has been a very difficult race for the 3 of them.
    Congratulations to Vincenzo and Mika also for their trophy, and to all of you guys for the exciting championship.

Congratulations to Fusione Digitale (Antonio Lallo and Fabio Grippa), Greek Virtual Racing team (Vaggelis Theodoridis,Chris Kehagias) and Radiator Springs Racing AG (Andrea Lojelo and Giancarlo Graziano) for the team championship.

Thanks a lot to you all! I hope to see you all on the next championship.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:54 am

Not a great end to the season for me:

Qualifying, as soon as I left the box I had a ghost crash (with a car that wasn’t there). Then it was the usual story of some people on their outlaps getting out of the way better than others. Then when I came in at the end of my first run there was no one near my pit box, but as I pulled in a car appeared & I went flying. All I remember seeing is the NKC skin Razz Anyway I set a time slightly faster than my PB (although I had only practiced today & on the weekend), only good enough for 9th on the grid.

Race 1, my car was moving (sideways) on the grid a little, so I wasn’t ready with the correct revs and had a sluggish start. So I was passed, then overtook a car on the opening lap, which towards the end of I had a strange accident. Coming into the final corner the car in front was either hit by lag from my car, or the car ahead of it (I can’t tell), and that caused a bit of a pile up. I made it back to the pits, repaired my car, then went out again & had a battle Nicola Perutelli. Then just before the bridge I went around him, then saw his car go flying, and after told him it was lag but he still wanted to blame me.

Race 2, I was on pole after finishing 6th, and didn’t get a brilliant start but the other guy on the front row had wheel spin so I maintained the lead during the opening stages. I saw Clive was in 3rd, and knew he was quick, then he caught up & passed me into the 130R as I went a bit deep into the previous corner. Then Clive spun, and I went around but his car just clipped mine, with rear wing damaged flashing up and what felt like suspension damage (although oddly Clives replay below doesn’t show any). Anyhoo it was a challenge getting it back to the pits, I lost a lap, so had a boring race finishing 7th.

P.S. Congrats to Gek as well, and Mika for his brilliant rookie year Smile
    marco boni
    marco boni
    Driver
    Driver

Post by marco boni Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:34 am

ciao a tutti,devo dire che sono state delle ottime gare,terzo nella prima,nella seconda ,subito appena partiti il turco mi ha toccato,volante storto e macchina che non stava dritta,pit stop anticipato e ho finito quinto,non male,complimenti a gek 10 Feb 2011: Suzuka 981548 ,e un grazie a tutti gli organizzatori del campionato 10 Feb 2011: Suzuka 67322 ,mi sono molto divertito 10 Feb 2011: Suzuka 361709
    ciao marco
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:18 am

Great battle yesterday in Group A qualification where Vincenzo got the pole with a a difference of just +0.060 from Mika and +0.093 from Gek! 3 drivers in less of a tenth of second!

It was a very nice battle between you guys for the full championship, with a very close final result. Very well done...aliens alien alien alien
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Driver
    Driver

10 Feb 2011: Suzuka Empty very exciting end

Post by Marcello Gabrielli Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:47 am

Hi all

This was my race yesterday

qualify: i did several errors, disturbed by my brother asking me things when i was in the fast lap..... I was able to sign my PB in 1:41.2, really faster than the few laps i was able to drive in the past days. 10 position

R1: slow start to avoid crash ad a small error in the T2 in the first laps. i remember some battle with Zardin: making some regular laps i was able to catch him, he did an error and i passed him. He followed me for some laps ad after disappeared. I finished 4th, but the last laps where really good.

R2: some strange things happened. The lap counter remains on 10/10. I changed the tyres, refuelled and went on track for the warmup.1 lap without issues and came back on pit when more than 100s were missing for the start. Waited a bit, but the "goto grid button" were not on my screen..... Houston, we have a problem..... i tried to exit from the box when less than 10s were missing, but ..... netkar gave me a jump start .... boh! I waited the penality time there and started some seconds after the last driver. The lap conuter was 10/10, in the first lap 1/10 and i drove 10 laps full of fuel, thinking the server it was setted only for 10 laps..... when i passed the 10th lap, the counter continues with 11/10, 12/10 .... 23/10.
    For the race, i was very regular and i gained the 3th position due to errors of the other drivers. Ulusanour was more than 20s behind me and i was confident to finish on the podium. Barba exited from the box and remained more than 2 laps in front of me. I was faster, but i tried to avoid a crash so i waited to have space to pass him clean. In the meantime i lost a lot of seconds to Ulusanour. After a lot, Barba had a spin very close in front of me and i was able to pass, but Ulusanour was in the back and passed me after less than 1 lap. To be honest, he was really faster than me, but it was a pity to loose a lot of thime and concentration only due to a driver not able to respect the blue flag rules..... Attilio, we had the same problem in Adelaide: look at the position in race and at the blue flags.
    Due to the fact that Dellera finished the fuel less than 1 lap before the end, yesterday it was for me a concrete possibility to finish 2th, without the problem with Attilio. It was a pity.

Conclusion
    I'm a virtual driver from a lot of years (Microprose GP... do you remember and after few races with GPL), but this was the first championship for me. I've found several things in "radiators champ":
    - a lot of friends, starting from Giancarlo, who made my fantastic skin, Andrea Lojelo, who explained me the rules, Gek, who gave me good suggestions to improve my times
    - all of the drivers are gentlemans: they do errors and sometimes didn't respect the rules (mainly ESC rule). Also for me it was hard at the beginning to wait 5 laps in the box after a crash from the back, but rules are rules
    - adrenaline, when the red light shut off, high sounds of other real drivers around me (normally in front of me....), a few millimeters between the cars, studying the other drivers and the time chart in red on the left to understand if i'm faster or the other faster than me, i was tired at the end of the race evening

Due to my work and of my family i had no time to prepare all the race and learn the tracks, it was a pity, but it's ok.

Thank you to all of you for this great experience. Now i need a pause, waiting the next release of netkar: when you'll start in the Trento-Bondone, look on the right the timeskeeper wood home: i was there for more than 10 years, in the real race, to give the green light to the drivers.

bye
    Marcello "McHallo" Gabrielli
    the fast "bradipo"
    mario gilles
    mario gilles
    ---
    ---

Post by mario gilles Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:26 pm

Grande GEK!
    Complimenti per questa splendida vittoria
    ::hola:: ::hola::
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:19 pm

well, what can i say. a very ugly end to what could have become my first ever champ win.

first of all, congrats to gek and vanore for a fantastic season, as well as the other runners who made all this possible Smile

last night was my worst race of the season.i failed to score in the decent points which was very frustrating to say what happened.

it all started during qualification. on my first attempt i set the fastest lap. during my second attempt (i was on for a PB) the server had some massive lag spikes, which led to Andrea restarting the server. although this was frustrating because i had found a rhythm, the lag made the server totally unplayable. nevertheless, everybody rejoined and we started quali again.

now, its only happened once during the week but my PC had a BSOD. i was hoping this was just a one-off, but that wasnt to be. 10 mins into quali #2 my PC crashed and had another BSOD. i didnt know what was going on, so restarted my pc and rejoined with only 10 mins of quali left. i had to ring out the full potential of myself and the setup in the time i had, taking no chances and being as agressive as i could to get that magical 1.35. the last lap i set i was on for another PB lap but had some traffic which probably cost me 0.1s which allowed me to qualify in p2. never mind though - a pole is good enough vs these aliens Smile

race 1 - i had an amazing launch off the line i managed to take vanore down the inside before t1. half way round t1 i noticed cars flying over me and around me. BOOM. pauls car screamed passed me spinning out of control, clipping my car and sending my PC into another BSOD. fantastic. i rebooted, turned all my GPU / CPU fans on full and rejoined the server. i went out instantly and crossed the line once, only noticing i had to stay in the pits, so i esc > box and waited 5 laps. i finished in that race in p10 in front of vanore and gek. i had an email this morning saying that is illegal to rejoin the race instantly and got DQ'd for it, which is fair enough Smile (just glad it didnt cost me any places in the standings!)

Race 2 i started mid-grid somewhere. again, i had another good launch off the line and managed to pass Andrea almost instantly. we were all braking into t1 and again, BOOM. grippa hit me in the back sending me spinning into the wall. esc > box. waited 5 laps, went out and finished the race in p11.

although this wasnt the dream end to a good champ for me (even though i have been quite unlucky in some cases) i just want to thank everyone for what was possible. congrats to gek for the fatnastic win and vanore for the podium. i will see you for the next champ where we will battle for the #1 spot again!
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Hall of Fame updated with the new Gold, Silver and Bronze Piston Cups for drivers and team champions.

I'm really happy to announce that we have even one more nice surprise:

Second Hall of Fame Piston Cup to Giancarlo Graziano.
    Very well done, mate!
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Well Mika, I'm sorry for the accident in race 2, it is the only crash caused by me over the entire championship...I remained in my line for the entire straight, as you can see from replay, removing trhottle to be very careful, then I just move on the right before T1 and I brake, I hit you but I'm sure there was at least 2 m between us...so the usual lag accident, I did't detect any accident and I even tought I didn't play any role in your accident...sorry anyway...

So, many grats to Gek, Mika and Vincenzo, you are always on another planet, many many grats to Gek for his fantastic radiator champ winning...

Thanks also to my team mate Antonio for our first postion in the team standing.

I close my champ with the first win in the group A yestarday, that is good. This was my first online experience, and my first driving experience with a proper steering wheel...I made every race my position better in driver standing going up from 38th to 7th final...I understood how to drive, how to behave race after race...I'm very happy to be part of this fantastic champ, many thanks to the organizer and to all the drivers for the nice and respectful races.

Hoping for some special event soon to rejoin with all of you for some nice challenge!!!

Thanks to all

Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:18 pm

Just to keep our racing attitude alive, have a look of some nice footage and camera car from the first GP2 qualify in abu dahbi today...we will all improve of 1s after looking at them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdIETRVFVT4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uhKGZYeNYU&feature=related
    Claudio Gandolfi
    Claudio Gandolfi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Claudio Gandolfi Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:51 pm

10 Feb 2011: Suzuka Emmenthaler

a special trophy for the champ winner... 10 Feb 2011: Suzuka 11976

Grandissimo Fulvio. Lo sapevo che ce l'avresti fatta 10 Feb 2011: Suzuka 361709
    altrochè "Slow & Relaxed" 8)
    Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vaggelis Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:54 pm

First of all Congratulations to the champ winner Gek!
    Congratulations to the champ team Fusione Digitale!
    Congratulations to all the other racers-teams!
    Thanks for this very good championship all the admins/moderators/crew!
    You tryd to make it better and better day by day...
    Thanks all for the tracks u make and loosing ur time so we can enjoy!
    Also thanks to the guys in the nkworld who did an aewsome project!

Didnt have time to race in the 3 last tracks because i have exams also the update came out so... Smile

As for the next champ i hope it will be in Full mode so we dont have any problems..
    And my idea for the next champ as i talked a little to Lojelo yesterday...
    Well,some guys do a championship in rfactor(their page is f1axion,its in Greek) and the try to simulate everything.They race the Formula1 championship with the fsone mod.So what they do?

They race the tracks as it is in real...the same calendar..If in real something happens and they postponed the race so they do the same!
    The make 3 quals as its in real!
    If they race for example in spa..before the join the server they look to the spa in weather conditions and if in this time its raining there they play spa in rain!

So this is my idea! In the next champ to see in which track we are goin to race and see the weather conditions and if its raining there we use rain! The result will be aewsome because noone will know about weather conditions and will be surprise to everyone! Nothing will be for sure!
    My wish is to run a champ with ks2 the tracks that real F1 uses but because we raced a champ now with ks2 it will be ok if we change! But we can use this this about last minute condition in every champ!
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:47 pm

So Vaggelis, I think your idea is good...just I would keep the race day during the week, like it was in this champ....because during the week-end a lot of people is out of home, etc...

Just check the meteo the race day and apply the real weather condition!! very nice idea!!

I also hope for a new championship with ks2 as we all are quite happy with that car, we know how to set it,and it is the more F1 style car we have...it is hard going back to drive a F1600 for example...I tried the KS2 on wet a1 ring, too nice, really!!!

I would suggest some special event with different car also...just to have fun with new osella, vintage,F2000, and so on....

See all on track!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:21 am