Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

3 posters

Limited laps during qualification

Poll

Limited laps during qualification. Do you like it?

[ 2 ]
    Limited laps during qualification Bar_left14%Limited laps during qualification Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Limited laps during qualification Bar_left86%Limited laps during qualification Bar_right [86%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Limited laps during qualification Empty Limited laps during qualification

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:25 am

We recently introduced for the Osella series a limited number of laps in qualification. Drivers that exceed this number will be disqualified and placed at the end of the grid.

nK doesn't provide any visual support for that, so drivers need to plan their strategy in advance or count the number of lap they do.

Do you like this method? do you want us to keep using it for the next race also, or do you prefer to go back to the usual method, based on the session time only?
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Limited laps during qualification Empty Re: Limited laps during qualification

Post by M Waechter Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:28 am

I think too -like most of us- that the rule can get too confusing sometimes in the qualy, because there is no lap-counter in the game unfortunately, so you can never be 100% sure if an inlap counts or not and so on... .
    (for example: I've driven 8 or 9 laps in quali including out- and inlap, but the server says only 6 laps in total. I guess this is because the inlaps did not count, because the (my) pit-box was located before the finish line.
    So overall it is too uncertain I would say when we would still be sticking to this rule as long as NKPro has no way to see an offical number of driven laps during a session.)
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:06 pm

M Waechter wrote:I think too -like most of us- that the rule can get too confusing sometimes in the qualy, because there is no lap-counter in the game unfortunately, so you can never be 100% sure if an inlap counts or not and so on... .
    (for example: I've driven 8 or 9 laps in quali including out- and inlap, but the server says only 6 laps in total. I guess this is because the inlaps did not count, because the (my) pit-box was located before the finish line.
    So overall it is too uncertain I would say when we would still be sticking to this rule as long as NKPro has no way to see an offical number of driven laps during a session.)

this is the problem i had in the last event - apparently i did 13 laps but i was adament i only did 7 flying laps, not knowing the in / out laps counted Laughing
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:32 pm

that's why we said that in the event post and in the briefing also.
    Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    Qualification: 15 minutes. allowed 9 laps maximum including in and out laps.

The reason why I don't like it is that it's definitely confusing, it's not fully supported by nk (it would be nice to have a warning on the screen when you have done all your allowed laps, or a counter when you are on the pit), and doesn't really add too much to our racing experience.

Few days before the next Osella event we will change the rules according to this poll

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm