Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+13
Roberto Zanerini
Fernando Zart
Jim Michels
Luca Seghieri
M Carey
davide zardin
Jamie Shorting
Clive Melbourne
andi goodwin
Marco Calesella
giancarlo graziano
Andrea Lojelo
f.gek
17 posters

In quanti siamo? how many are we?

Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

In quanti siamo? how many are we? - Page 2 Empty Re: In quanti siamo? how many are we?

Post by Marco Calesella Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:33 pm

On the contrary I personally like this approach, a simulation in the simulation!
    Matter of taste, naturally, but you have a point that someone could be "scared" from such procedue. But I don't think it's the primaruy reason for which servers are empty, not only Radiators server are empty In quanti siamo? how many are we? - Page 2 795413

By the way, you are not forced to create your own team, you can join the generic Radiators, so some step less.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

In quanti siamo? how many are we? - Page 2 Empty Re: In quanti siamo? how many are we?

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:45 pm

I've to say I agree with Andi. The registration procedure in GPcos isn't very user friendly. I've ideas on how it could be changed, but I would need time and skills that I don't have. If is there any guy that can help out with some easy PHP programming, help will be highly appreciated.

From the otherside, as Marco said, this can be only a marginal problem.
    Piers Structures
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Piers Structures Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:24 pm

I may be able to help out with some simple PHP but time wise I'm not able to commit to writing reams of code.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:32 pm

nice!!! You got a PM Piers What a Face
    Piers Structures
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Piers Structures Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Err, did you send to Piers Structures or Piers C Structures? I had an account mixup when I joined hence having two. Now I can't see how to logout of this to check the other one!
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:13 am

Kunos need to be appreciated by the more main stream industry to make a sim that not only has brilliant physics but looks up to date also.
    I went over to iRacing for a while but got bored by the physics and lots of crasher kids on track. Tried to go back to netKar but just cant stand the out dated graphics.

Beta testing C.A.R.S. right now but to be completely realistic the physics is not likely to match netKar quality.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:24 pm

I think a better graphics engine exists (for that driving school software Kunos created), but I don't think the graphics we have are that bad. iRacing's Spa's amazing, but when I'm playing nKPro I'm more focused on driving than looking at the scenery Wink
    Jamie Shorting
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jamie Shorting Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:55 pm

Alot of sim racers are drawn to big flashy loud promo videos. The actual physics of a sim obviously doesn't matter. Wink
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:04 pm

I've no doubt I will come back to drive some formula ford or something just for the physics, I wouldnt uninstall netKar.
    But the graphics just doesnt hold, although I tend to agree with you. Theres just no excuse for sims to look like this one or rFactor does any more when you compare them to the new arcade titles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:00 pm