Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+8
Sergio Marques
Marco Calesella
laurent resende
Kristijan Jalovec Perusko
Jamie Shorting
henrizio
MikaRaymond
Gary Munson
12 posters

C.A.R.S

M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

C.A.R.S - Page 2 Empty Re: C.A.R.S

Post by M Carey Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Marco Calesella wrote:As said, very disappointed, but they have 18 months to make me change opinion, Kunos in less that six months totally changed my opinion on netkar multiplayer.....
    6 months? Beta testing only went on for about a month, had it of been longer I'm sure the patch would have been even better, but I'm happy with it the way it's =) I think C.A.R.S is going to be out for thanksgiving 2012, 18 months iirc correctly was the time Kunos stated was needed to develop nKPro 2.0 (if he decides to do so), which seeing as SMS has 150? people working on their game sounds a bit optimistic.
    Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marco Calesella Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:33 pm

M Carey wrote:
    Marco Calesella wrote:As said, very disappointed, but they have 18 months to make me change opinion, Kunos in less that six months totally changed my opinion on netkar multiplayer.....
    6 months? Beta testing only went on for about a month, had it of been longer I'm sure the patch would have been even better, but I'm happy with it the way it's =) I think C.A.R.S is going to be out for thanksgiving 2012, 18 months iirc correctly was the time Kunos stated was needed to develop nKPro 2.0 (if he decides to do so), which seeing as SMS has 150? people working on their game sounds a bit optimistic.

6 months was the time between 1.3 Beta B (with all that multiplayer bugs) and 1.3 final with the new multiplayer, i.e. the time for me to pass from disappointment to total satisfaction. Was not meaning the time needed to kunos to develop new multiplayer. I know that in the 6 months between beta and final there was a lot more to do for him, and not only for netkar.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Marco Calesella wrote:
    M Carey wrote:

6 months was the time between 1.3 Beta B (with all that multiplayer bugs) and 1.3 final with the new multiplayer, i.e. the time for me to pass from disappointment to total satisfaction. Was not meaning the time needed to kunos to develop new multiplayer. I know that in the 6 months between beta and final there was a lot more to do for him, and not only for netkar.

criticism is a bit easier!!!!! I believe that already make available a pre Alfa players
    same fee ( 25euros! lol) is to develop the simulation and involving the players concerned forum by putting them to see their reflection, many of us would be much like the same thing from the developers of our Preferred simulation, NetKar !!!!!
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Marco Calesella wrote:6 months was the time between 1.3 Beta B (with all that multiplayer bugs) and 1.3 final with the new multiplayer, i.e. the time for me to pass from disappointment to total satisfaction. Was not meaning the time needed to kunos to develop new multiplayer. I know that in the 6 months between beta and final there was a lot more to do for him, and not only for netkar.
    1.2 was the disappointment for me, & every subsequent update (including 1.3b) things like the collision bug wasn't fixed. The first 1.3 RC patch was a lot more broken than 1.3b was Razz & none of the bugs reported for 1.3b seemed to be fixed either, so the starting point was a lot lower than I think most people realise. Anyway at least nKPro is finally what it set out to be... an online racing sim' Very Happy
    Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marco Calesella Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Marius, I wrote it was the time needed TO ME to change opinion. I tested the 1.3 Beta B, then I had no more time and came back to online netkar only with the 1.3 final.
    It has nothing to do with develop time, I was only meaning that if in 6 months I was able to totally change my opinion on netkar multiplayer, it is possible that I can change my opinion (very negative) on C.A.R.S. in 18 months. It was only to say that things can change...
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Well it kinda is. Kunos had a month to work on nKPro between projects, & during that time fixed nKPro (well the main stuff anyway). I only wonder what the sim' could be if he worked solidly on it, but it would have to be a more successful product for that to happen. As for C.A.R.S I feel the same way, we knew it would be graphically impressive, but the cornering speeds & steering angles look a bit suspect (to me anyway). That's not to say they can't make it more realistic, but I kinda doubt they will, as that'll hurt its mass market appeal.
    Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marco Calesella Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:45 pm

M Carey wrote:...
    .... That's not to say they can't make it more realistic, but I kinda doubt they will, as that'll hurt its mass market appeal.

I think you spot the point, I also doubt they will develop an hardcore sim. The promise they made was to be independent from publishers collecting money from the community doesn't give us hope, when I read in their forum that a lot of people is testing C.A.R.S. with Joypads......
    At the end the system is clear: collect money from community to be indipendent and build the title the community will.
    I strongly suspect that they'll gave us for the hundredth time an arcade title and will tell us: this is what the community asked for, our promise of a title like iRacing netkar etc. is not of interest for the main part of our community.

We, "hardcore" simmers, have to support and have all our hopes on people like kunos.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:01 pm

and how to develop and are continuing to develop titles like LFS!!!!!
    and do not forget that in NetKar have can also play with joypad and even with the keyboard and mouse!!!!!!

personally I have on my computer almost every car simus in recent years (even F1 2010! lol ) rare are those that I play regularly but I think CAR is called to a very bright future, it is not to envy a simulation like the FAV!! it really is or was a machine to make money!! when in need to talk about iRacing
    Marco Calesella
    Marco Calesella
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marco Calesella Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:33 pm

It's not a matter if you can play a simulator with joypad, keyboard, mouse and so on, from the beginning was said that cars should be the final simulation builded on community wish, potentially from the arcade style (Shift series) to the hardcore one (iRacing, netkar).
    What I was meaning is that if the average tester for C.A.R.S. is using a joypad, is quite unlikely that we'll see a real simulator. You see a bright future to C.A.R.S., I personally not.

From my point of view I have already lost enough time and money for the moment with C.A.R.S., better to come back to netkar and eventually wait for rF2. For the future I'll see where the C.A.R.S. project will go....
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Personally I've never driven a game that was good with a joypad & a wheel. In nKPro if you use a pad you have massive amounts of understeer, & I'm a couple of seconds off my wheel times. With the mouse & keyboard I'm 4 seconds off. Yet in games like LFS I'm quicker with a control pad.
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Leonardo Ratafia Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:21 pm

along with live for speed cars has one of the worst names for car simulation "games" Smile at least LFS is not that bad, try google for cars or c.a.r.s.
    and when talking to another friend or people not familiar with racing simulation, say live for speed and instantly comes out: oh need for speed? yes it´s great Smile
    just a thought Smile

how really good is this CARS sim? in videos is awesome, but since i couldn't drive it yet... i´m afraid i'll have to wait till next year to see what people is saying.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:43 pm

Graphics, great for sure. Physics...well for now it still not there, but there are still months and months of development ahead, so nothing to worry about for now. According to my taste it's a bit on the arcadish side (for now).
    In any case it's really nice to follow their progresses weekly do few laps to see what has been changed.

About the name, I fully agree with you. try to go on youtube and write c.a.r.s and see what you will get: 0 results on the first page about the sim.

M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:59 pm

I'm surprised Disney/Pixar haven't kicked up a fuss about the use of the name CARS. Live for Speed is probably the most unoriginal name Razz
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:03 pm

a shame that the last version and especially the added circuits gives the simulation arcade!!!!!!
    Brian Gelsinger
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Brian Gelsinger Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:01 am

M Carey wrote:That's not to say they can't make it more realistic, but I kinda doubt they will, as that'll hurt its mass market appeal.

Hi

I bought into this and I hope they do as they promised. The plan is to make the game on PC as close to a sim as passable and port later to console with driver aids. And lower the graphics to fit the console. It looks like they are trying, they hired an ex driver and want him to compare to real cars and not other games. hope it works out for us all Smile New here very cool place!
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:00 am