Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

3 posters

27 Jun 2013: Aosta

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

27 Jun 2013: Aosta Empty 27 Jun 2013: Aosta

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:17 pm

27 Jun 2013: Aosta 2aostaOW13

Second event of the Open Wheel Series 2013.01

F1600 @ Aosta Grand Sport

Prequalification already started and will go on until the racing day. Live timing is already active on our server.
    Prequalification results will determine the groups. 

To take part of the race please register to the championship and place your allocation for the race.

Thursday 27.06.2013:
    Qualification: 20 minutes
    Race 1: 9 laps
    Race 2: 23 laps

27 Jun 2013: Aosta Public
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

27 Jun 2013: Aosta Empty Re: 27 Jun 2013: Aosta

Post by M Waechter Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Could there also be done a clarification (like in the Crema thread) on which asphalt sections are allowed to use ? Turns ~ 5, 10  & 12 (last real corner before the straight) do have this
    extra inner asphalt.. .
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Here are the corners I though can be a bit unclear:

Here you can cut on the concrete. The white line is a bit faded, so it's not that simple to see the limit from the cockpit. For this reason we decided to allow to cut on the concrete. Just don't touch the cones or the grass.
    27 Jun 2013: Aosta Aosta1

On the last chicane, you can go on the concrete on the entry, without touching the cone
    27 Jun 2013: Aosta Aosta2

and you should not hit the cone on the exit.  We know it's easy to go slighly off track there if you do a small mistake. In any case we've noticed that you won't gain much there, since a cleaner line will pay off in terms of speed for the long straight. Our guideline is to try not to cut more than as it is shown in the picture, but we will not be extremely picky there. Just try to stick to the track and don't hit the cone.
    27 Jun 2013: Aosta Aosta3

As usual if, in the race you do a mistake and you gain advantage, you should lift off.

One more note for the harpin. Especially on the first lap we will be all close to each other when we will approach the harpin. People on the back should take it very easy there. The group will slow down a lot there and it's easy hit someone from the back. Be really careful there.
    Ivan_Buranovsky
    Ivan_Buranovsky
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ivan_Buranovsky Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Guys, it not honestly of you to deprive of my pilot of points for both races. It passed on your server prior to the beginning of a stage about 50 circles. And why that you noticed that it has a simulator version another only after race. It isn't beautiful of you. The race organization also is guilty of it. My pilot didn't know about that that he has other version of a simulator. I ask to return it points, the to his fault here so that isn't present. The miscalculation was from administrators. Be honest. And differently I am simply disappointed in you.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi Ivan, I'm really sorry that you write this in the public forum instead of writing us a PM. We tried our best to discuss this privately to avoid blaming anyone on a public forum.
    Since you ask, I'm replying here, still without mentioning any name.
    We have contacted the driver of your team in private explaining the problem and informing him about the penalty. As you have noticed, we haven't even communicated on the forum about the penalties, just to respect the drivers involved.

We are not checking logs in our prequalification, just as we don't require you to send a replay of your lap. Prequalification is just to create groups. The real race and qualification is on Thursday.

We assume that everyone is aware that we netKar PRO needs to be updated to the latest version. Considering that the last update was released quite a long time ago, we believe that this is a fair assumption.

We did check the logs in the race, and we noticed that there was a CARILLEGAL. 
    As we said to the driver
    we think it's appropriate to revoke the points you've gained in the race, for respect of the other participants.
    Having the previous version of the car gives a consistent advantage, and despite we think you haven't done it on purpose, we need to guarantee that everyone has the same car.

I'm really sorry that you are disappointed from our behavior and that you feel it's also our fault. His lap times were in line with other fast drivers so there was no reason for us to check before. In case we would have noticed that before we would have informed him immediately.

We are just trying to give anyone the possibility to race in the same conditions.

Just to clarify, not referring to any specific driver, but in general, we will penalize anyone that is not using the standard functionalities of the game or does not have an updated version of the software.
    No scripts or any alteration of the software or any other trick can be used. If you have any doubts on the use of something please ask in advance.

We want to have fair races, so we expect everyone to adhere to the normal common sense to guarantee fair races.

Same goes for any other thing that can give you an advantage, just like cutting a chicane, or entering the pitlane at full speed. If the driver will not give back the time gained will be penalized.
    Ivan_Buranovsky
    Ivan_Buranovsky
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ivan_Buranovsky Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:35 pm

But such on your project for the first time. And you punish at once full deprivation of points. If it gave priority - that specify what on time, and add by the time of race. It will be so more fair. After all it spent a lot of time for trainings, and still the whole evening for races on Thursday. Understand, after such and me there is no wish to go here. Once again I will repeat if you know how many the illegal car gives advantage - plus it to result of race of my pilot. He told me that a second went by legal car more slowly. I think not difficult to count and make final results. I hope for understanding, and in the future, I consider, it is necessary to write before race that all checked simulator updatings.
    Besides I too don't know on legal I went or not. But nevertheless, I am sure, you at all didn't check me as I was the last in both races. Check all pilots.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Every car has been checked, and that was the only one car was not legal. 
    I understand it's a pity to discover it only in a championship race, after training a lot, but there is nothing else we can do about it.

There is no way we can understand how many seconds an illegal car can gain.
    We get the same error "CARILLEGAL" if someone has a not updated version or if someone modified something in his car to make it faster. I can potentially put a F1 engine on my car, and do my race. I will get exactly the same error. Would you give a time penalty in this case?
    Do you think that if FIA will discover that any team in F1 is using a different fuel or has any other illegal thing on his car will simply say "ok...let's see...how many seconds did he gain? let's give a penalty to compensate...". No the car will be disqualified for one or more race.

In the past, for similar issues, when we thought that someone modified his car on purpose to go faster, we've banned the driver straight away.

Now, as I said I'm pretty sure that, in this case, he did't want to cheat. It just forgot to update his netKar PRO version, for whatever reason. He can now fix the problem and race in the next races with the same car of everyone else. Of course this cost him points, but at least will give him the possibility to race in the same conditions of everyone else, and prove how fast he is.
    Ivan_Buranovsky
    Ivan_Buranovsky
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ivan_Buranovsky Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Such things need all the same to be checked before race! If you decided to check it after race, I am sure that you could make it and to race. However you decided it to make after race. We have not a F1 championship and you aren't FIA. We have virtual races. Here other conditions and other regulations. But it is so simple to disqualify my pilot that he used the illegal car you can't. He didn't get earlier to such situations. I know he long ago, and here it before me appeared. You understand, that the motivation to go further the championship vanishes after such here actions of administrators both at me and at my pilot. It isn't correct. He miscalculation that it didn't put the necessary file in a simulator. But I was after all and your miscalculation - you didn't warn about it. I consider not correct to punish the pilot who wasn't warned. I personally about such to "cheat" didn't hear to today. The won points at the expense of the illegal car take away, but points which he could earn - return. Otherwise, it already is called monarchism - that I want, I do.
    Ivan_Buranovsky
    Ivan_Buranovsky
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ivan_Buranovsky Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:06 pm

So, my appeal won't approve? Thanks a lot for justice. Good luck all on championship.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi Ivan. Our decision on the penalty is final, and in our view it's appropriate. We don't feel that it's fair that a car that is different from the others (maybe 1-1.5 sec faster), arrive 3rd in both races, can get away with just a warning or a time penalty. How many seconds would it be in that case?
    We don't agree on the fact that you said that we should have checked the PQ logs. We never do that.
    We are not here to discover if anyone is trying to do something to go faster. We organize championships to have fun all together, and trying to guarantee that basic fair play is applied by all our members.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with us, but this decision is based on what 5 members of the verification group have agreed upon.

You got a point on saying that this was not specified in the rulebook, and I've now explicitly mentioned it. We think, anyway, it's common sense that if you compete in a championship, you need to be in the same conditions of anyone else. If the verification team finds out that this is not the case, the person involved will pay the consequences of that, no matter if you did it on purpose or not.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:50 am

Guys, please don't forget your allocation.
    you can see the entry list here
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:10 am

by far not perfect races for me.
    -Race1: got hit & turned around in t2
    Suffered from a too easy sliding rear in race 1. Then I changed front and rear ARB for race 2.

-Race2: lost rear & turned around my car by myself on the outter curb before t3 appears -in lap 3-.
    That threw me back from pos. 7 to the back of the field.. , beacuse I had to wait for upcoming cars -let them through- until the track was clear and being able to
    u-turn my car again to the right direction on track.

But nevertheless there were quite a few battles or action with some 'backmarkers' (like me with my general speed at this event Wink). 

--

Also I missed to use 2.900 (final) gear ratio, instead I used 2.700 (slow out of corners in certain situations especially with much fuel).
    So I always had in mind to drive like I'm using 2.900, that kind of thinking alone slowed my laptimes down Smile.

P.S.: Recorded that stuff live again ;)out of 'real' cockpit view. Maybe I should not do this recording anymore, to be -at a whole- more fluend/consistant in races.

Edit: Now the whole event (except shortened warm up sessions) is also uploaded. Link is in the old "new youtube channel thread".

Last edited by M Waechter on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Really nice races yesterday. I managed to get my PB during the qualification that gave me the 6th place on the grid. I had a cautious start on race 1, and Maurizio overtook me in the first corners.
    From then on, it was a great battle between myself him an Fulvio. Jr was pushing like crazy, nailing qualification lap times one after an otherone. Really well done Maurizio. Such a pity that the Gek the "old Fox" got his place back in the last corners. To keep your pace I improved even more my PB, but still I didn't manage to get close enough.
    Race 2 I had a better start, and started fighting with Mario and Maarten. Incredibly I was able to keep their pace pushing to my limit, and improving even more my PB Smile I jumped Luca when he did a mistake. That was just something temporary though. He was too fast for me, so at lap 10 he overtook me again (twice since he did once more a small mistake Razz). With the pitstop approaching and Luca and Mario still on my sight, I started fancing to do a quicker pitstop, with refuel only and no new tires. My multitasking skills aren't that good apparently, and while thinking about my nice strategic gamble, I did a small mistake going off track and loosing few seconds. I arrived on the pitstop with just 0.1 liters of fuel, praying to reach my garage... scary!
    From there on, I just kept my pace, since there was no way to reach them. On the last laps, I saw yellow flags in front of me, and I realized that Mario didn't manage to cross the line, loosing one lap. Such a pity! He had a very good race until that point.
    I'm very happy about my results: 6th in qual, and 7th and 4th in the races. Really enjoyable races, and a lot of fun with this nice little car. I never expected to have so much fun with it.
    Next up: Formula 2000 @ Imola. A lovely combination. I'm really looking forward to it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:02 pm