Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

4 posters

Radiators @ Trofeo Abarth 500

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Radiators @ Trofeo Abarth 500 Empty Radiators @ Trofeo Abarth 500

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue May 18, 2010 3:42 pm

Abarth, in collaboration with MTV, netKar PRO and DrivingItalia organized a massive tournament in Italy.
    http://abarth.mtv.it/
    More than 1000 people participated to the qualification phase that last almost 2 months.
    Only 52 places available for the next phase.
    The software created for this event, a slightly modified version of nKPRO, was specifically designed for hotlaps.
    A small mistake, touching a wall or the grass would cancel your lap.

The classification was generated on the sum of the best time on 2 tracks.
    At the end the difference between drivers was amazingly small.
    Here is a graph showing the difference between the qualified drivers.
    The 52nd had only 2.166 seconds difference from the 1st on sum of the times of two tracks!
    The last 44 drivers in only 1.104 seconds. Then a small groups of monsters with similar times and then 3 aliens that gave half a second to the monsters!

Radiators @ Trofeo Abarth 500 Trofeoabarthstats

At the end Radiator Springs Racing Team managed to have both drivers that partacipated to the championship inside the 52!
    - Mario Gilles with a wonderful 22nd qualification time
    - Andrea Lojelo with a 45th qualification time. Really tough fight to get there.

Races will start in 1 week. Very likely there will be streaming coverage of the races. We will keep you posted with our results!
    Radiators @ Trofeo Abarth 500 Skinmugello3avatar
    Stephane Migrouille
    Stephane Migrouille
    Driver
    Driver

Radiators @ Trofeo Abarth 500 Empty Re: Radiators @ Trofeo Abarth 500

Post by Stephane Migrouille Wed May 19, 2010 12:28 am

Radiators @ Trofeo Abarth 500 67322 Excellent guys. Congratulations and good luck for the upcoming race.
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Wed May 19, 2010 1:39 am

best of luck guys Smile
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed May 19, 2010 2:55 am

A really good job guys!
    Andrea Lojelo wrote:The software created for this event, a slightly modified version of nKPRO, was specifically designed for hotlaps.
    Just out of curiosity, was this the same Abarth version that was available last year (without registration)?
    Andrea Lojelo wrote:The classification was generated on the sum of the best time on 2 tracks.
    Newbury 2006 & Prato short (in case anyone else was wondering). Sounds similar to this years GT Academy, although that was the total time of two cars on the same track (a couple members of the community also made it through (to their respective national finals)).
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed May 19, 2010 9:51 am

M Carey wrote:A really good job guys!
    Andrea Lojelo wrote:The software created for this event, a slightly modified version of nKPRO, was specifically designed for hotlaps.
    Just out of curiosity, was this the same Abarth version that was available last year (without registration)?

no this version was different. First of all new physics, most likely the same of the V1.1, or anyway very close to it. I know that that package was closed few weeks before the final version of nKPRO 1.1

There was a very nice feature introduced in this hotlap version: first of all, as already described, a method to cancel you lap time in case of invalid lap, and then a feature that could show your current Personal Best Time and your current position directly on your screen while driving. Once you improve your time, your new position and PB will be shown immediately in green. Really a nice feeling when you manage to do it, especially when the competition is so high!

I hope that sooner or later this will be introduced in nKPRO as well, eventually connected with nKRank. It would be great for our prequalifications.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed May 19, 2010 11:12 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:no this version was different. First of all new physics, most likely the same of the V1.1, or anyway very close to it. I know that that package was closed few weeks before the final version of nKPRO 1.1
    What was the build number (you don‘t have to answer if you don‘t wunna look like a nerd)? Radiators @ Trofeo Abarth 500 Icon_biggrin
    Andrea Lojelo wrote:I hope that sooner or later this will be introduced in nKPRO as well, eventually connected with nKRank. It would be great for our prequalifications.
    That would be brilliant for general hot lapping; knowing all the times are legit’, and exactly how good (or bad) yours are.

Had a crazy thought (first thing this morning). With the prize of the Trofeo Abarth 500 being a race at Imola (unless something has changed since last translating), would it be unhelpful/childish/moronic to speculate that the circuit has something to do with this post by Kunos (from around a month ago):
    Kunos on DrivingItalia wrote:I don't think it's worth to talk about the future now, it's pretty much a moving target for us.. and the deadlines are firing at alarming rate here in KS. We've something pretty exciting coming up in the next 2 months.

Also whilst the shovel’s out, it’ll also be laser scanned (in my dreams).
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed May 19, 2010 11:46 am

don't remember the build number (and I can't open it anymore now otherwise I will invalidate my time) but it was older that the v1.1 (few steps before).
    I'm nerd enough to look at the same things!

Yes the final will be onsite at Imola. The 4 finalist will go to the real circuit, and I think that they will race on 4 simulators. It's not specified yet which one will be the selected track. Hopefully Imola. Who knows if it will be ever released. There are other tracks that Kunos Simulazioni has produced but never released. I think that releasing a real track will cost them money!

Unless a miracle will happen, or I will have a quick chat with all partecipants and "I'll make them an offer they can't refuse.", I doubt I will be in the top 4!!!blink.
    Radiators @ Trofeo Abarth 500 The-Godfather-I-m-Going-to-Make-Him-an-Offer-He-Can-t-Refuse-3472
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed May 19, 2010 11:54 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:Yes the final will be onsite at Imola. The 4 finalist will go to the real circuit, and I think that they will race on 4 simulators. It's not specified yet which one will be the selected track. Hopefully Imola. Who knows if it will be ever released. There are other tracks that Kunos Simulazioni has produced but never released. I think that releasing a real track will cost them money!
    My theory was that it would all be part of the promotion, and as with the Abarth it would be released for nKPro as well. The only thing’s that Ferrari/Fiat don’t own Imola (do they), although they have invested in it in the past so maybe it’s still possible, if not plausible.

P.S. I knew you where part of the mafia Radiators @ Trofeo Abarth 500 Icon_biggrin
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed May 19, 2010 11:58 am

M Carey wrote:
    P.S. I knew you where part of the mafia Radiators @ Trofeo Abarth 500 Icon_biggrin
    can't confirm nor deny ::whistle::
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu May 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Few days to the first event. We had few test runs in the last days. Here is a footage from one of the most exciting race I've ever done.

10 laps, tons of overtakes. Great fun, and great respect.

Welcome to the fight club:

Drivers in the fight:
    - Andrea Lojelo - Radiator Springs Racing Team (red car)
    - Alessandro Gismondi (black car)
    - Pietro Nelli(white car)
    - Vincenzo Vanore (white car)

Thanks to Giancarlo for realizing the video.
    Stephane Migrouille
    Stephane Migrouille
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Stephane Migrouille Sun May 30, 2010 2:19 pm

nice video Radiators @ Trofeo Abarth 500 67322 nice battle</FONT>
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon May 31, 2010 3:48 pm

The second phase of the championship starts today. It's finally racing time!
    4 groups, 13 drivers per group. 4 tracks, 2 races per night.
    Andrea will be on track on Monday (today) and Mario on Thursday.

You could follow the races at
    http://www.livestream.com/drivingitaliaonlineracing

Live streaming at 21:45.

Wish us good luck! We will need it! ::help::

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:56 pm