Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+26
Wally Masterson
Leonardo Ratafia
Clive Melbourne
akbar_sal
Vaggelis
si3v
Radek Pól
Paul O'Brien
giancarlo graziano
Fernando Zart
Steve Crawnshaw
M Waechter
Sergey Moskovkin
Albert McSaltens
Raúl Expósito
René Lorig
henrizio
paul thomas
M Carey
laurent resende
Sergio Marques
MikaRaymond
Martin Hussey
Michele Campini
Marcello Gabrielli
Andrea Lojelo
30 posters

top priority bugs to be fixed

M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

top priority bugs to be fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

Post by M Carey Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:50 pm

I'm average height & 8 stone... so compared to me yes Razz
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 pm

8 stone? damn, my arse alone weighs 8 stone!
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Razz
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:33 pm

René Lorig wrote:But the equipment folder is not new. It's been there since I've started with nKP and that was back in 2008 with v1.0.3... Wink

But I never had this folders on the skin screen (when switching through skins) before on the right side of the screen, so new is that you have to chose your own car's helmet / gloves and body through this new specific
    folders on the right side of the skin-screen in the box. Before v1.3 it was enough to place all helmet, body and gloves stuff in the main skin folder of the car.
    henrizio
    Driver
    Driver

Post by henrizio Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:15 pm

SERVERS 0/1 problem is here again last few days. I pressed refresh 20 times and got blue screen. Haven't seen that before with this current system.

Now I can see the list again but it should work better, not like every 3rd day.

With jump2nkp I was able to join when server list was down. Now rank site is dead. Rolling Eyes
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:52 pm

constat same Henrizio
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Leonardo Ratafia Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:12 pm

any news about the netcode, even in lan racing, with the smallest touch between cars, under braking for example, it´s like the gravity from the moon, the car being touched flyies away.
    that´s the only thing is missing to be fixed, i´ve tried races with almost 0 lag, in my own lan and also happens, and it´s totally unfair, that because of a little touch you finnish in the gravel (or make the other finnish in the gravel or big spin)
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:34 pm

You don't even need to be racing to test the "altered physics laws" of netkar. Just touch a wall going (very) slow and sometimes you're thrown several meters away. And by very slow I mean less than 10Km/h. Seems to work better if you hit things at an 45 degree angle. lol!
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:00 pm

After I posted this video in the bug section, a member of the team tried to blame the add-on track...

So I posted my original vid' again (the one made the day after 1.2 was released as it shows the same thing happening at Crema), and he said it was aliens Very Happy, so I hope that means they've actually acknowledged the bug...

Just to complete the set, here's the other video I made:
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:40 pm

Curious, as I pointed before, things seems to get (more than) ugly when touching at a 45 angle or so... no matter the speed. Yesterday I was leaving the box at Macau veeeeeery slowly (maybe less than 5Km/h) and touched the wall at 45 angle... the punishment for this ill-behavior came instantly with no mercy: immediately I was thrown at the other side of the building! That wall should have a bumper stick like "**DON'T** touch me". lol!
    (Obviously, I don't blame the wall)
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Driving at Macau's like bumper cars with this bug Smile
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Without wishing to be controversial , it is unthinkable ! to see it marred by its courses , when did think other simulation 100 times worse than netkar gives the possibility of dual fantastic ! ( as in reality , just watch some tire tracks on the F1 arrival of a Grand Prix////////////Sans vouloir faire de polémique ,c'est impensable ,!!! de voir ses courses gachées par cela, quand ont pense que d'autres simu 100 fois moins bon que netkar donne la possibilité de duel fantastique !!!(comme dans la réalité,il suffit de regarder les traces de pneus sur certaine F1 a l'arrivée d'un Grand Prix
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Looking to the bright side: at least this bug kind of forces us to avoid contact at all costs, and so helps to keep pilots driving like it was real life (not being TOO bold on maneuvers near other cars in fear to end his own race).
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:21 pm

its twice as good in champ races because as you say, people dont drive like idiots and are a bit more careful Wink
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:24 pm

lol ! personally I always avoid all contact with others, and I pretend to be a pilot hyper correct , it is unfortunately not the case for everyone !!!!!!! lol lol! top priority bugs to be fixed - Page 8 888881
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Albert McSaltens Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:17 pm

i dont know how kunos can sleep at night havind this horrible bugs in the sim for so long
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:44 pm

he sleeps certainly better than we who are losing hours of race preparations , and manufacturing setup , and who is ruined by i thousandth of a second because of its Netcode !!!!!
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Albert McSaltens Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:46 pm

yes! and another thing to fix is the shadows are static on the car, 1.1 where dinamic so bring back dinamic shadows or at least an option to turn it on or off!!comeon
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:50 pm

the list is too long Albert , anyway I think it 's useless to complain , unfortunately we can not change , the decision has addressed all these imperfections , belongs only to God Kunos ! I guess that must all know
    Wally Masterson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Wally Masterson Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:09 am

Hello people. Some bugs:

1) If a session name has * in it (like **** Practice ****), the server crashes when it changes to that session.

2) If you set a specific grid for a race, it works as expected. But if
    you restart the race, then the grid is random (or at least not the same
    fixed grid as before).

3) Minor replay editing bug: if you do a
    few laps and then watch the replay, you can edit the replay to just
    keep your fastest lap by cutting in and out at the red lap on the bar at
    the bottom of the replay screen. After you do the edit and save the
    edit, if you then click on the progress bar at the bottom outside of the part of the replay that you wanted to keep, the game freezes with infinite looping sound.
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:45 pm

There is another "minor bug" related to the replay engine: it doesn't permit you to view a replay (pressing R) during solo sessions if you were at the "setup" menu (the one where you load your setup files) when leaving the box.
    You must first go back to the box and select another (any) menu, then the replay works again.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:37 pm

Also , the repairs on the car when it crashes , are not recorded by the replay , so that you see throughout the rest of the race car without wing...unsightly
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:58 pm

laurent resende wrote:Also , the repairs on the car when it crashes , are not recorded by the replay , so that you see throughout the rest of the race car without wing...unsightly

I've found that, sometimes, "rewinding the tape" helps. Also, going to box *before* pressing R after a crash helps too (but not everytime).
    Raúl Expósito
    Raúl Expósito
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Raúl Expósito Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:20 pm

shift + R in offline.
    Steve Crawnshaw
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Steve Crawnshaw Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:39 am

Not priority for me but it still shows the Ftarget in timing screen when using the osella.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content