Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+26
paul thomas
Olivier Boissel
M Carey
Wally Masterson
René Lorig
Ruben Grueira
Fernando Zart
Sergio Marques
Martin Hussey
M Waechter
Clive Melbourne
Cédric Lagneau
Lars Scheving
Gary Munson
Stuart Whitehead
Piers Structures
Juan-garcia
andi goodwin
MikaRaymond
henrizio
Christian Grzybofski
giancarlo graziano
Andrea Lojelo
facu88
Victor Villanueva
Jeff Paul
30 posters

1.3 Final

Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

1.3 Final - Page 2 Empty Re: 1.3 Final

Post by Jeff Paul Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Well I wiped everything clean again and now I can get offline demo but I ran out of installs....lol. I went to fill out the page to get new installs and that page just shows blank for me.
    Juan-garcia
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Juan-garcia Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:11 pm

discovered a weird behaiviour on the lobby on some server show one car and track and when you click on them then show aniother car and track
    Gary Munson
    Gary Munson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Gary Munson Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:24 pm

first impressions feels good - only did one lap - clearer graphics which is good

Last edited by Gary Munson on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    henrizio
    Driver
    Driver

Post by henrizio Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Juan-garcia wrote:discovered a weird behaiviour on the lobby on some server show one car and track and when you click on them then show aniother car and track

I discovered same, but it was just me being impatient. You have to wait until list is complete. Option for stop refresh would be useful. Cool
    andi goodwin
    Driver
    Driver

Post by andi goodwin Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:36 pm

henrizio wrote:
    Juan-garcia wrote:discovered a weird behaiviour on the lobby on some server show one car and track and when you click on them then show aniother car and track

I discovered same, but it was just me being impatient. You have to wait until list is complete. Option for stop refresh would be useful. Cool

i can understand this in something like rfactor with 900 servers but i think we can all twiddle our thumbs while it finds 30 servers .....
    andi goodwin
    Driver
    Driver

Post by andi goodwin Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Jeff Paul wrote:Well I wiped everything clean again and now I can get offline demo but I ran out of installs....lol. I went to fill out the page to get new installs and that page just shows blank for me.

sorry Jeff but maybe this may sound harsh but have you read the guide to install the update (1.3 final)
    you do not need to get a new install just that you needed to copy your license and driver info , in documents/Netkar pro then delete that folder , next back up your tracks and then use the uninstaller , if you reinstall to the same folder afterwards it will have kept all of your tracks and skins addons etc . start the game "DO NOT" create a new driver , colose the game now go back to your diocuments and paste the license and driver folder back into Netkar pro folder and all works , no need for any new installs

Andi
    Lars Scheving
    Lars Scheving
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Lars Scheving Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:38 pm

It's excellent - and the KS2 is now a bit more than a handful.

Cheers and cudos to Kunos and his team of testers.

Lars Very Happy
    Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jeff Paul Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:43 pm

andi goodwin wrote:
    Jeff Paul wrote:Well I wiped everything clean again and now I can get offline demo but I ran out of installs....lol. I went to fill out the page to get new installs and that page just shows blank for me.

sorry Jeff but maybe this may sound harsh but have you read the guide to install the update (1.3 final)
    you do not need to get a new install just that you needed to copy your license and driver info , in documents/Netkar pro then delete that folder , next back up your tracks and then use the uninstaller , if you reinstall to the same folder afterwards it will have kept all of your tracks and skins addons etc . start the game "DO NOT" create a new driver , colose the game now go back to your diocuments and paste the license and driver folder back into Netkar pro folder and all works , no need for any new installs

Andi

No worries on sounding harsh. lol. and no I don't read...lol. Yeah looks like netcar pro is done for me. No page to ask for new installs and I haveTWO licenses. I really don't know why netkar never auto updates. It is what it is now. 1.3 Final - Page 2 29413
    Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jeff Paul Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:50 pm

I put the licenses I had into the new documents folder and still nothing. Fuck it. user friendly netkar has never been anyways. I've paid for two licenses Im not paying for another.
    Gary Munson
    Gary Munson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Gary Munson Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:51 pm

I can use offline: clean install and using 64 bit Windows here
    Juan-garcia
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Juan-garcia Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:04 pm

not only licenses put your drivers too
    Juan-garcia
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Juan-garcia Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:08 pm

there is an auto update now would be cool to know what fixes
    Cédric Lagneau
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Cédric Lagneau Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Little bug if in offline i go to car select i don't see any image:
    1.3 Final - Page 2 Netkar10

once a car choose (next/prev/roll) it's ok i see the image.
    Juan-garcia
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Juan-garcia Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Ks2 still ridicously fast, not only because of laptimes, also on the telemetry data. real gp2 08 car wich kunos told me its the ks2 based on, was around corners from 3,2 to 3,5 lateral g

and it is still able to pull 4,6 g easily[img]1.3 Final - Page 2 Captur10[/img]
    Gary Munson
    Gary Munson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Gary Munson Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:53 pm

How much did Ferrari pay for this ? http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1040592_ferrari-builds-200-ton-f1-simulator

Thanks Kunos, the best 14 Euros i ever spent!!!
    Enjoy 5th aniversary
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Since the autoupdate I have had 2 black screen crashs, I still hear the sound but only black screen, I know someone left and rejoined the server both times this happened, but i'm not sure if this is the reason scratch
    It was not on a RSR server. some other server with monza KS2
    Juan-garcia
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Juan-garcia Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:36 pm

i was in same server clive all fine to me
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:49 pm

lol (cool) the KS2 is now a lot faster I think (less aero effect at higher speed ?), I get max. 316 km/h now instead of max 300 km/h at Spa.
    but on the other hand it has definately less grip (downforce) in fast corners, so laptimes are a bit slower or equal to v1.3b despite more topspeed.
    so physics of the kS2 seem to be more real now (the unreal high downforce at high speed vanished, it's no Red Bull kind of car anymore Wink ), it's more challenging, because you can't handle it
    every moment the same now anymore like a programmed machine-driver, more fun now I guess for sure.

rear wing is only 1-17 deg. setable and frontwing starts at 5 deg somehow.

I think the FF is the same as before, maybe just a very little bit more light / less strenght, but that you can adjust a bit in the usual ways..
    Like in all the other versions before you just need to set 'FF gain' to a value (0.500 or a bit less than that is good), where the grey FF bar in the overlay display is not ! at the limit always / just
    in extreme situations...and then afterwards set your desired strenght within the logitech profiler / in the settings of your wheeldriver -use the first and third strenght-bar in the logitech wheeldriver settings-
    (45 - 50 % strenght work for me for both of this bars under WinXP Pro) !

Last edited by M Waechter on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:31 am

Cédric Lagneau wrote:Little bug if in offline i go to car select i don't see any image:
    1.3 Final - Page 2 Netkar10

once a car choose (next/prev/roll) it's ok i see the image.

hmm, I don't have such an error / bug there
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:33 am

FF is completely personal preference. everybody has different wheels, setups and driving styles - you cant tell someone which specific values to use. i have 150% in profiler for everything and use 1.6 for the KS2. it looks and sounds a lot, but its perfect for me. if you think its too much, lower it. if you think its not enough, increase it. dont forget this has a completely new re-coded tyre model and physics, so racing with an old setup is a bit daft, lets be honest Wink

Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:47 am

Jeff Paul wrote:I put the licenses I had into the new documents folder and still nothing. Fuck it. user friendly netkar has never been anyways. I've paid for two licenses Im not paying for another.

Feel free to use an ounce of common sense and email Kunos. Its what anyone else would do if things went wrong.

Whats not user friendly about netKar? Start game > Online > Server > Done?

Glad to see the update is finally here.
    Currently downloading it from the Radiator Springs BLISTERINGLY FAST 38kbps download mirror[/sarcasm]

If its done before the end of reality i'll hopefully crash into catch some of you guys online.
    Sergio Marques
    Sergio Marques
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Sergio Marques Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:29 am

I'm having some problems with my pedals, when I join a server everything goes fine, then if I go out and re-join again when I use the gas pedal, the green bar moves, but there's no engine sound and the car doesn't move at all.
    Then I exit the sever go to options-controls, just say ok and all is fine again.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:53 am

MikaRaymond wrote:FF is completely personal preference. everybody has different wheels, setups and driving styles - you cant tell someone which specific values to use. i have 150% in profiler for everything and use 1.6 for the KS2. it looks and sounds a lot, but its perfect for me. if you think its too much, lower it. if you think its not enough, increase it. dont forget this has a completely new re-coded tyre model and physics, so racing with an old setup is a bit daft, lets be honest Wink

I know, but regarding the specific value in the game in the car setup it might be the same thing for everyone. When you chose a higher setting than 0.500 than the grey bar is too much/often at the maximum and you
    don't feel any FF effects than anymore as long as the bar is always at the top, a too high FF gain set in the setup's view-tab kills all the effects, the grey bar needs to be flexible while driving at all time.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:57 am

M Waechter wrote:
    MikaRaymond wrote:FF is completely personal preference. everybody has different wheels, setups and driving styles - you cant tell someone which specific values to use. i have 150% in profiler for everything and use 1.6 for the KS2. it looks and sounds a lot, but its perfect for me. if you think its too much, lower it. if you think its not enough, increase it. dont forget this has a completely new re-coded tyre model and physics, so racing with an old setup is a bit daft, lets be honest Wink

I know, but regarding the specific value in the game in the car setup it might be the same thing for everyone. When you chose a higher setting than 0.500 than the grey bar is too much/often at the maximum and you
    don't feel any FF effects than anymore as long as the bar is always at the top, a too high FF gain set in the setup's view-tab kills all the effects, the grey bar needs to be flexible while driving at all time.
    yeah i understand. its never been a problem for me though Very Happy

Martin Hussey wrote:
    Feel free to use an ounce of common sense and email Kunos. Its what anyone else would do if things went wrong.
    stop being a cock. hes obviously having problems and talking to him like that isnt helping

jeff - what you need to do is head into your documents folder, backup "drivers" and "licenses", then completely delete all NKPro folders, including the one in "my documents". install the new patch and overwrite your drivers / licenses folder in your documents with the ones you backed up.

Last edited by MikaRaymond on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:01 am

-the suspension values changed a lot at all cars.., the general fast rebound setting at the rear is much higher compared to the other values now and the other values are higher / stiffer too.
    so don't keep it only optical as it was usual before (mainly watching at the bars only) when setting up suspension things, you need to have a close look at the specific values at every bar now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:32 am