Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+3
Stephane Migrouille
Daniel Fiorin
Andrea Lojelo
7 posters

Next Championship: which Championship format?

Poll

Which format you would like to see in the next championship?

[ 9 ]
    Next Championship: which Championship format? Bar_left38%Next Championship: which Championship format? Bar_right [38%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Next Championship: which Championship format? Bar_left25%Next Championship: which Championship format? Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Next Championship: which Championship format? Bar_left4%Next Championship: which Championship format? Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Next Championship: which Championship format? Bar_left8%Next Championship: which Championship format? Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Next Championship: which Championship format? Bar_left17%Next Championship: which Championship format? Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Next Championship: which Championship format? Bar_left8%Next Championship: which Championship format? Bar_right [8%] 

Total Votes: 24
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Next Championship: which Championship format? Empty Next Championship: which Championship format?

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:30 pm

Which format you would like to see in the next championship?
    You can select more then one option, if you want

Last edited by Andrea Lojelo on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:46 am; edited 3 times in total
    Daniel Fiorin
    Daniel Fiorin
    Driver
    Driver

Next Championship: which Championship format? Empty Re: Next Championship: which Championship format?

Post by Daniel Fiorin Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:37 pm

i voted for other, because I WANT to go to "sleep" in the late evening. Next Championship: which Championship format? Sleep
    a race shouldn't be longer than a hour. 25 laps without a sprint race before are more than enough. it depends always on combo.
    or 2 sprint race in one evening.
    i don't see future for endurance race with netkar, because only 15 drivers on server on a long track like SPA is lonley.... you drive most of time alone
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Next Championship: which Championship format? Empty Re: Next Championship: which Championship format?

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:14 pm

I added some more options after Daniel suggestion.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:51 pm

Daniel Fiorin wrote:
    i don't see future for endurance race with netkar, because only 15 drivers on server on a long track like SPA is lonley.... you drive most of time alone
    Daniel you will be surprised on how much action and thrilling you can find in an endurance race. You should try it!
    Without any doubt in a shorter track you will see more people around, but this means that, you will get more traffic of people with one or more lap down.
    I honestly don't know what is better for a endurance race, and I would like to have an opinion about it from the other contestants, but at least for me are really interesting and challenging!
    Stephane Migrouille
    Stephane Migrouille
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Stephane Migrouille Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:07 pm

other.
    Prequal 3 days / 1 Feature long Race (+/- 30 laps) with 1 obligatory pit minimum.
    Alberto Canzi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Alberto Canzi Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:00 am

I voted for endurance races (of course, I like long races!) but if you feel it too long I would also appreciate a single race quite long : long enough to need about 1 hour to be completed (yesterday's race was about 1h40m long).

Stephane Migrouille wrote:other.
    Prequal 3 days / 1 Feature long Race (+/- 30 laps) with 1 obligatory pit minimum.
    I could sustain your proposal but I need to understand what do you exactly mean with "30 laps" : 30 laps at newbury are totally different from 30 laps at SPA... I think we should consider long in terms of kilometers or (better) in time required to do the race (100 Km at SPA require less time then 100 Km at Newbury).

We should decide how long (in terms of timing) should be the "race evening" and from that derive the number of laps to do in the single race.

E.G.:
    Let's say that the evening should be about 2h long :
    20m for briefing : wait for all, setting up servers, remember rules etc...
    20m for qualify : stayinpit session - qualify
    1h for race of (1h / reference laptime) laps
    20m for post race comments

Meeting at 21:30 we would finish before midnight.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:43 am

I've to say I agree with you Alberto. 1h.40 it's a bit too much. At the end I was exhausted!
    doing some maths: 1h40=100 min=300 km > 1min=3 km > 60 min=180 km...so let's make it 200 km instead of 300 km...
    so in case of SPA it would have been 30 laps (as Stephane said) instead of 44. In my opinion that would be more then enough!

Ok...I change the first option in Endurance race (200-300 km)...then we will choose the best length.
    Anyway don't forget that yesterday we had even 30 min prequal + we wasted some time to have anyone with correct skin an so on.
    Please let us know what do u think about it!
    Stephane Migrouille
    Stephane Migrouille
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Stephane Migrouille Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:11 am

I misspoke, and I agree with you.
    When I spoke to 30 laps I was referring to the race last night.
    200 km seemed ideal.
    mario gilles
    mario gilles
    ---
    ---

Post by mario gilles Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:18 am

Stephane Migrouille wrote:I misspoke, and I agree with you.
    When I spoke to 30 laps I was referring to the race last night.
    200 km seemed ideal.

200 Km is okay
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:50 am

yes I degree too,..is long inenough... Very Happy
    Daniel Fiorin
    Daniel Fiorin
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Daniel Fiorin Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:49 pm

i think it depends on car. 200km in a slow car without downforce can be 1,5 hour race and in a fast car only 50 min...
    best is take the WR on the combo, add 1-2sec pro lap and calculate the laps to race one hour.
    Luca Malingambi
    Luca Malingambi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca Malingambi Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:55 am

Io penso che o con una target o con una 2000, il giusto compromesso sarebbe sui 150/200Km. Con qualifiche prima della gara.
    Tutto in una serata. Poi chi vuole farsi le Endurance se le fa! Credo che più sere sia molto impegnativo per tutti "famiglia, lavoro, fidanzata!!"
    E obbiettivamente una gara lunga con le 1600, 1800 o 500, è davvero snervante. Sembra non finire mai!!!
    Io opterei per iniziare il campionato prossimo con la classifica finale di quello che sta per finire domani.
    O creare diversi campionati per ogni categoria in base a quanti piloti ci sono e a quello che vogliono fare!!!
    Ci sono molte idee e vanno prese tutte in considerazione. Sono sicuro che Andrea e tutto lo staff faranno il meglio possibile.

I think that either a target or a 2000, would be the right compromise on 150/200Km. With qualifying before the race.
    All in one serata.Poi who wants to be if the Endurance ago! I think most evenings it is very challenging for all family, work, girlfriend! "
    And objectively a long race with the 1600, 1800 or 500, it is really unnerving. Seems never to end!
    I would opt to start next season with the final standings of what is going to end tomorrow.
    Or create different samples for each category based on how many riders there are and what they want to do!
    There are many ideas and are all taken into account. I'm sure that Andrew and the entire staff will do the best we can.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:41 am

Without any doubt we will keep on doing endurance races only with Ftarget, or eventually F2000. As you said with slower cars will be to long and too boring.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:22 am