Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+20
Maarten Steverink
Antonio Lallo
Luca Orsetti
Clive Melbourne
Francesco Meola
giancarlo graziano
Daniele De Gioia
Attilio Barba
f.gek
Martin Hussey
Albert McSaltens
Filippo Chesi
marco boni
Roberto Zanerini
Fabio Grippa
Andrea Lanzino
Marcello Gabrielli
MikaRaymond
M Waechter
Andrea Lojelo
24 posters

13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps

M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

2011 - 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps - Page 5 Empty Re: 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps

Post by M Carey Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I found in LFS with the Formula BMW releasing the brakes in the final part of the braking zone (and letting the aero take over) worked, when in nKPro it doesn't seem to so well. The only time I release now is when I feel a lockup.
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

2011 - 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps - Page 5 Empty Re: 13 Jan 2011: Spa Francorchamps

Post by Albert McSaltens Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:17 pm

M Waechter wrote:When you react fast (braking and then steering into opposite direction) the KS2 is catchable too.. , but the bottom priority you need with the KS2 is a good balanced setup, I doubt that all of the less
    experienced drivers always have a good setup they can handle quite common and safe... . That's probably the main reason why some might have problems or may find the car difficult.

---

What I also found out about the driving style of the fast (alien) guys like Albert or M Raymond is that they can brake 20m-30m later all the time than I can do (for example at Spa at the end of both straights or Monza towards the chicanes). That might be one of the major reasons why they can do 1 - 2 sec. faster laptimes than me. When I try to brake as late as they do than it is simply too late.. -my car needs more way to slow down- or I can't steer the car into the right direction properly anymore then.. . Don't know what's their 'secret'. Since I set at Monza for 80% brake mult in the setup I can brake a bit later than before as well, but still not as late as they do (I was using 60% brake mult every time before...). When I use 100% brake mult then I lock the tires too easily and it feels not smooth enough to drive in a fluend way, maybe they are just more kind of sensible on the brake pedal or it's because of a more stiff damper-setup which might be more stable on braking.. ?
    I would be interested if they have a 'secret' hint how they manage to brake such late.

regarding on braking in a low downforce setup i move bias to 60 front in a more downforce setup i move it to 58 or 59, the brake multiplier i use 90%

the technique i use is simple brake hard and as the speed goes down i release the brake a bit to avoid spinning,a nd also blipping the throttle each downshift specially onto 3rd 2nd and 1st gears. otherwise you lock the rear, on end up with larger braking distance cause you cant brake that hard.
    Filippo Chesi
    Filippo Chesi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Filippo Chesi Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:49 am

In conclusion, let me explain to the community as i have done that my great error. I started concentrated well in my favorite track, while I was on Kemmel my television went on standby and I damaged the car. The heat of competition, the anger for that stupid accident and inexperience made me blind and totally dedicated to try to find the box at all costs, without being able to reflect on what was actually happening. I have broken the rules and then i'll have my right penalty. I'm sure a similar situation happens again I'll stop in time.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:16 am

Albert McSaltens wrote:
    regarding on braking in a low downforce setup i move bias to 60 front in a more downforce setup i move it to 58 or 59, the brake multiplier i use 90%

the technique i use is simple brake hard and as the speed goes down i release the brake a bit to avoid spinning,a nd also blipping the throttle each downshift specially onto 3rd 2nd and 1st gears. otherwise you lock the rear, on end up with larger braking distance cause you cant brake that hard.

brake bias wise I'm using quite the same (front-) values as you. On 'normal' more downforce tracks 59.5 and on less downforce tracks 60 (Monza) - 62.5 (Spa). When I start testing for the new event, I will try to get used to a higher brake mult setting. In the past I thought that all brake mult settings provide the same brake strenght as it is just about the 'mult' (just a pedal way thing) and not a strenght thing I thought.., -that's why I used the more comfortable less values all the time before, but it seems it is not just a simple pedal way kind of thing, because with a higher setting the brake seems to apply faster, more direct.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:46 pm