Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+26
Wally Masterson
Leonardo Ratafia
Clive Melbourne
akbar_sal
Vaggelis
si3v
Radek Pól
Paul O'Brien
giancarlo graziano
Fernando Zart
Steve Crawnshaw
M Waechter
Sergey Moskovkin
Albert McSaltens
Raúl Expósito
René Lorig
henrizio
paul thomas
M Carey
laurent resende
Sergio Marques
MikaRaymond
Martin Hussey
Michele Campini
Marcello Gabrielli
Andrea Lojelo
30 posters

top priority bugs to be fixed

Marcello Gabrielli
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Driver
    Driver

top priority bugs to be fixed - Page 6 Empty Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

Post by Marcello Gabrielli Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:15 am

ciao Simone
    .... we are waiting a reply from Stefano about the online crash ....
    I know you can contact him and ask for it.
    You can do!

Bye
    Marcello
    si3v
    Driver
    Driver

Post by si3v Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:41 am

He's working on it... cant say anything about how long to fix...
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:47 pm

great new ... and nice to see you in our forum...thanks Very Happy
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:26 am

I really hope this is fixed in the next release Sad
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:55 am

si3v wrote:He's working on it... cant say anything about how long to fix...

Is that because nobody knows, or because Kunos will wrap a crowbar round your head? :p
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:57 am

It's because Kunos uses a unique timescale Smile
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:57 am

M Carey wrote:I really hope this is fixed in the next release Sad

Yeah. This is just as important as fixing the crash bug. A bit of dodgy lag collision wouldn't be so hard to swallow if you didn't end up with your teeth where your tonsils used to be.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:28 am

Guys you will find a very detailed log in you My Documents\netKar PRO\logs\log.txt file. Please check there if you find some useful informations about the bug.
    Whenever you find a bug like this, I think it will really help a lot if you can look into the log, and eventually attach it highlighting the part in which the bug occurred.
    If we have a way to reproduce the error, it will be much easier to give kunos some useful information to fix the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:13 pm

I don't have the log (as I joined another server afterwards). Is it that hard to work out what's going on though, particularly as Kunos introduced this bug in 1.2?
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    Guys you will find a very detailed log in you My Documents\netKar PRO\logs\log.txt file. Please check there if you find some useful informations about the bug.
    Whenever you find a bug like this, I think it will really help a lot if you can look into the log, and eventually attach it highlighting the part in which the bug occurred.
    If we have a way to reproduce the error, it will be much easier to give kunos some useful information to fix the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I've checked the log files, and they dont seem to go into much (if any) detail about whats actually going on.
    Even when its crashed i didnt notice anything different to a 'normal' log file
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:58 am

Markus said earlier:
    • Tomorrow will be issued an update that fixes the crash online.

• Domani sarà rilasciato un update che corregge i crash online.

Last edited by M Carey on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Doh! Andrea already posted this info.)
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:25 am

normaly this is a beta version of the work and progress
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:29 am

for some reason i didnt get any crashes at all with osella, but lots with ks2 and vintage
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:40 am

Same here, but I know others had crashes with the Osella.
    Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vaggelis Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:25 am

I was on a server with many guys playing newburry/osella...I was playing for half an hour maby one...
    Then this...

top priority bugs to be fixed - Page 6 Untitl10

I saved the log witch is in the documents(in case u want it)...
    I have win7 64x..

laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:43 am

Vaggelis ,downloads and installs latest x64 and x86 C++ runtime 2010 ,Seven to 64 must install the 2 (available in microsoft site)
    Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vaggelis Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:42 am

i thought so Laruent but because i didnt have any problems to my computer ever,thats why i posted in case another one has the same..anyway thanks..ill go download them Smile
    henrizio
    Driver
    Driver

Post by henrizio Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:15 am

I can't see others lap times anymore. In some tracks it was very good feature to notice others when you join the track.

Osella's small tank has mentioned here, but feels like those tyres are also made for shorter and different kind of driving. Overheating in fast corners is ridiculous.

0 crashes here after the update. cheers
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:38 am

in the case of Kunos I presume they have served the latest Microsoft runtime libraries (like most of the developpers of the latest games that are all written in C++)
    in the case of Windows Seven x 64 (I use) it handles both programs that naturally x86 x64, which is why they must provide both libraries, which are not the same
    it is the same for net Framework which also works with the runtimes, the latest version is 4.0, February 2011, which is also available on Microsoft
    I once met on another application (Rise of Flight) the same message as you, I put all day and now has more problem
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:39 am

henrizio wrote:0 crashes here after the update. cheers
    Crashed today, after many hours. Now I'm gonna test using the "fix for Win7" (compatibility mode, etc) that I removed before updating to 1.3b.
    Forgot to say that I'm having several "lost connection" messages in the middle of the race... the game keeps working, but with an enormous black semi-transparent window in my nose, through which I must strive to see the track... and then, few seconds later, I'm back.
    Oh, and it's really challenging when it happens during a chicane or fast curve. From the course "Piloting skillz 301" Razz
    akbar_sal
    Driver
    Driver

Post by akbar_sal Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:03 pm

I really, really, really wish the collusion would be priority. for now, the content is enough. now is the time for getting the netcode fix.

I got an idea that the detection of the collusion can be multiply lower, an option for server. like if its detect 25 kph on impact, then there would be an option for servers to adjust this and multiply by 0.5 so its is always half of the speed of the collusion. I think this could fix a lot of the extreme collusion we get even when we are just scrubbing bumpers.

there still maybe a non contact collusion, but at least it wont be flying cars like we have now.
    henrizio
    Driver
    Driver

Post by henrizio Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:42 pm

I got some bug with server list. Can't see any servers. 0/1 Sometimes it works and sometimes not.
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:07 pm

not a bug but hope they set the shadow draw range longer so you dont see the shadows being drawn on the hill climb, and a fix for the dancing tree shadows.
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Has anybody else noticed that the live timing has gone since the update!
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:03 am

Yep, it's gone. I don't know why?! It was a cool feature.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content