Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

2 posters

ATI Catalyst - Help! why does using Super-Sampling AA cause controller lag?

Tariq Gamil
    Driver
    Driver

ATI Catalyst - Help! why does using Super-Sampling AA cause controller lag? Empty ATI Catalyst - Help! why does using Super-Sampling AA cause controller lag?

Post by Tariq Gamil Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi there. I don't know why this is but when I use Super-Sampling AA, it causes controller lag. I've checked my FPS with Fraps to see if thats the problem but I'm holding above 130+ FPS so why should I have controller lag? Thanks.
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

ATI Catalyst - Help! why does using Super-Sampling AA cause controller lag? Empty Re: ATI Catalyst - Help! why does using Super-Sampling AA cause controller lag?

Post by Fernando Zart Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:40 pm

All that I can say is that SSampling doubles the image size, applies AA and then scales the image back to normal, thus having a nice effect on jagged lines, but at a higher performance impact. I am using SS with an 5850, and I guess I just got used to the lag (or never has perceived it). If you are using HD screen size, try to lower your AA filter (since you are using SS mode, you can go with BOX filter, instead of the more hungry edge-detect or narrow/wide-tent ones - the difference in quality is negligible).

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:38 pm