Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+9
Juan-garcia
f.gek
MikaRaymond
M Carey
laurent resende
Clive Melbourne
M Waechter
davide zardin
Andrea Lojelo
13 posters

01 Sept 2011: Spa Francorchamps

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

01 Sept 2011: Spa Francorchamps - Page 2 Empty Re: 01 Sept 2011: Spa Francorchamps

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:24 am

KS2 changed a lot in the RC. The testing team gave Kunos a good feedback and he worked on it a lot fine tuning in many areas. As a result, the car feels and behaves in a much more realistic way, even performance wise.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

01 Sept 2011: Spa Francorchamps - Page 2 Empty Re: 01 Sept 2011: Spa Francorchamps

Post by laurent resende Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:32 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:KS2 changed a lot in the RC. The testing team gave Kunos a good feedback and he worked on it a lot fine tuning in many areas. As a result, the car feels and behaves in a much more realistic way, even performance wise.

super Merci Andrea, cheers cheers
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:40 pm

laurent resende wrote:and am confident that the F1 drivers would be extremely delighted to have a car with such a ride!
    hope that the RC will correct this uthopie

I think Red Bull has equal ride Smile. Maybe it's because of the setups too, because I doubt F1 drivers use kind of Mika's 100% fine tuned (quali-)setups Razz Wink in order to be more save in race conditions and so on.
    Also the laptimes 1:49 / 1:48 are not extremely fast here with KS2, it is the old layout in which a laptime is a bit quicker I think (back then with V10 cars they drove low 1:4x laptimes in F1, but you may be
    right.., 'cause they had huge top speeds of 350 km/h at this time).
    Barcelona 2010 for example seems to be a lot more unrealistic regarding laptimes for some reason (because of the good acceleraton of the KS2 and not so much lose in topspeed compared to F1 cars there or s.th.).

I think one small reason why the acceleration is so much better or equal to F1 with the KS2 is that the maximum gear ratio in last/upper gear that is needed for example just for the max.300 km/h of the KS2 is so much less than needed for F1 cars.. with results in the fact that the engine has not to 'work' that much to get through the gears until the top of the last gear than it is the case in F1.. .
    So I think the engine of KS2 for itself does not produce too much PS [horsepower].., it has just a lot less to struggle / to work to go through the in comparison to F1 smaller gear wheels in the gear box, because
    the gear box needs just to be adjusted for e.g. 270-300 km/h and not for far above 300 km/h like in F1. Which results in such a quick acceleration like the KS2 does produce, KS2 uses smaller gears comapred to F1 cars.
    ^^edit: I forgot that F1 cars use 7 gears.. Rolling Eyes, so this/my theory might be quite imperfect.^^

Last edited by M Waechter on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:08 pm

It's the massive amount of grip you really notice @ Barcelona. So @ Spa you either run more wing for the middle sector, or less for the straights. I did a quick test using minimum downforce & found I gained a second on the straight, then lost 2 in the twisty bits Very Happy
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:03 pm

M Carey wrote:It's the massive amount of grip you really notice @ Barcelona. So @ Spa you either run more wing for the middle sector, or less for the straights. I did a quick test using minimum downforce & found I gained a second on the straight, then lost 2 in the twisty bits Very Happy

Yep Very Happy, becasue of that you need something in the middle, a good grip producing setup [the right preload + rod settings can give you some more grip -especially in front- also] + not too less topspeed, 12 wing at rear for example. On the other hand a bit more wing makes the car easier to drive at the limit during a long race session (you can drive t9 always at full throttle with some more wing for example and t12 is a lot faster to drive through either..), so I haven't decided yet if I choose a middle or quite high wing setup for the race.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:10 pm

1.53.755 !!!!!! Shumy IN QUALYFS in the wet ,sorry I do not have time in the dry! but easy to imagine!

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/8194/v4w.mp4
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:52 pm

As you said it's just a wet lap, in dry they could do 1:44.x at least.. .
    It's the same as in the GrandPrix 4 days.., once "aliens" begin to squeeze out everything out of the setup possibilities they were able to do 1:41.x or maybe even 1:39.x hotlaps (1:13.x at monaco I remember) at this
    spa track.., my pb were two 1:43.155 + 1:43.156 Wink laps (but I only drove with joystick and more ride high, softer springs etc., so the cracks were faster some years later the release as they discovered unrealistic setups -scarping with the whole bottom on the ground just for a single hotlap then bottom was virtually destroyed in GP4, this way it was possible to get more downforce in GP4).
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:25 pm

Guys, just to be sure about it, did we ever say that we would have deleted the 2 worst results for this championship too?
    I guess not, right? we did it in the previous championship because of the CTD we had at that time.

So, unless someone remember differently, we will NOT delete any results for this championship.

I wanted to check this before the race just to avoid creating problems later on.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:01 pm

we didnt in the last one and i wasnt expecting in this one either, however looking at the results im obviously gonna vote for yes because it would give me a better chance of winning. muahah Very Happy
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:07 pm

lol!

Ok, so confirmed. No results will be discarded.

Good luck for tonight guys. Let's have a nice and clean race.
    davide zardin
    davide zardin
    Driver
    Driver

Post by davide zardin Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:16 pm

il meteo per la gara???
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:17 pm

01 Sept 2011: Spa Francorchamps - Page 2 32
    Sunny race tonight
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:41 pm

has nothing to do with the event but: did you guys noticed that you can do a better laptime at this track when you're driving kamikaze-like through the pits ?, hope noone will do that for the rank and event.
    if someone there reaches an impossible last sector split-time it's obvious he cutted through the box.. .
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:49 pm

last of the bugghy buu champ...hope all this get away forever..
    the next we come back to the rules...and right clean race....
    enjoy the last
    have fun ::rischio::
    ...ps I see Mika made a 1.48.7xx.amazing...pulito
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:21 am

replay download_group A

crap race for me Smile , maybe I practiced and tested too much at the hours before the event..., so I was tired and not as focussed anymore.

-some little driving mistakes in qualy, could have been some tenth better than 1:50.5.. .
    -slight contact with a car in t1 at start: car was damaged a little and then drove into the wall in t7 in first lap -> I was too worried, so ESC to pits, was 80 sec. behind the grid in just the second lap.. .
    decided to switch strategy to 1 stop -planned to do two stops in the race, but filled the car to 95 l to go to the end at the stop..
    -afterwards s.th. like 4 times off track damageing, crashing twice (at the fast left-hander for example because of slightly dirt tires at this moment), pressed two times again ESC-> back to pits. could have still
    finished at pos. 12 (or pos. 11), but got to the end of the grid by not staying save on the road in the last laps :\ -turn4+5 was always tricky with my suspension settings, but I knew that before the race..
    even so I crashed there 3 laps before the end :\.

nevertheless I had a nice fight at the last lap and last corner with F Grippa for the last position (' was the very only car action on track I did have here..), though I did absolutely not know I was fighting for a
    position Smile, thought I was miles behind of him after crashing 3 laps before the end, but seems I was not somehow.

---

It has been a nice time here at spa, I had good fun doing hotlaps and all the setup tinkering / testing here.. Smile

Last edited by M Waechter on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Silvio Tavares
    Silvio Tavares
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Silvio Tavares Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:28 am

Hi all,

Shame the server B was so empty... we were just in 4 drivers. But I had a good time distance battle.

Started p2, then on T1 I braked a lot later then the other dudes from the outside, but I has clean track ahead it was ok. I could round T1 from the outside and take P1, as I guess other guys had some problem, I was alone on the lead, and building a gap bit by bit..

A lap before my pitstop I made a small mistake cheking the fuel to confirm i had one more lap to go, and missed slightly the bus stop, having to reverse and take it then.

Then I lost a bit more of time on the pits cause I was not confident on the entrance and pit speed limit, but still managed to stay in front. At this point N Perutelli was catching me. He eventually closed on me at 5 laps to the end and was challenging for the lead.

We made a good whole lap while I defended the line.. very fair.. I could force him into a mistake so I had one lap to rest untill he was all around my gear box..

At the end of lap 25 or 6, he unfortunately misjudged getting out of my slipstream and touched my rear, and I had a big shunt because of that... It was on the fast corners before the bus stop...

Not a good way to end a race, especially so close to the end.. but I enjoyed it most.

Cheers to all
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:18 pm

this was the worst race ive had all year. everything i thought went wrong, did go wrong...

during qual, me and fulvio traded places a good 3 or 4 times, both setting new PB's. he then put in a killer time of 1.47.8 which i couldnt beat. absolutely amazing time mate, well done!

i started the race in p2 and got a good launch, pulling over to the right side in order to stop maarten throwing one down the inside. t1 was clean but couldnt pass gek through and beyond eau rouge due to his slightly lower wings. i managed to pull the gap slightly during mid-lap but hed then pull away along the straight. i managed to maintain the gap at around the 1 second mark, before my rear tyres completely died on lap 8. because of this, i started running wide and outbraking myself, eventually going wide at pouhon onto the grass on lap 13. thankfully i missed the wall, but on the same lap i lost the rear end at bus stop and had a head on collision with the wall. i still had another 7l in the tank, but decided to pit there and then as the car was undrivable. i forgot to put that extra fuel in so had to spend 7 or 8 laps shifting at 9500k rpm. on lap 22 i decided to start pushing hard, closing the gap to about 6 seconds on lap 25. unfortunately i had some back marker issues but once passed, i pushed like crazy and finished 2 seconds behind gek.

very disappointed last night as i made some very silly errors but hey, it happens. see you all at monza (on hopefully) the new update!
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Yeah I watched the replay of Gek's 1m47.8 quali hotlap, he braked amazingly late before the bus stop chicane and still could turn in properly, maybe he achieved this with 'less' brake bias + being on throttle when braking..,
    I think there he saved 4 tenth on this lap.. .
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:14 pm

On the brakes is where the quick guys make up most of their time, just a better feel I suppose.
    Vyacheslav Potapenko
    Vyacheslav Potapenko
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vyacheslav Potapenko Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:02 pm

After Hungaroring experience I feel Spa like I can sleep on that long straights. The more I drive this track the more I started to like it. Also overtakes much easier there.

I found myself pretty nervous during qualification session. I spoiled first two attempts, it was close to middle of the session and I still didn’t have a quick lap. My personal best is around 1.52.4 so I targeted to get 1.53.x at least. Lots of people have their times around 1.51.x so even I push hard there weren’t too much chances to win few places on start. I got 13th place out of 14th drivers.

Since only one car was behind me on start I decides to run very easy first corner to avoid any collisions. I didn’t care about position lost or win at start since on this track if you fast you can easily overtake. Or if you win position on start if will be very hard to keep it. In pre-races I’ve mentioned that even fast/experienced drivers do lots of mistakes on long runs. I think key here is that tires go down very quickly and you need to adapt your driving style lap by lap. So plan was to run smoothly to save tires and wait for people mistakes. It works very well for me before I had crash with this car (I think I know driver’s name but since I’m not 100% sure I will not write his name). Look at this pictures. Car lost track and went out on left side of the track. Suddenly when I just come closer it runs right into my racing line!
    01 Sept 2011: Spa Francorchamps - Page 2 UUggk

Ugghhhh!! I was so disappointed. Press Esc, go to boxes and it brings me to the latest 14th place.. The rest of the race I run mostly alone and while people were making mistakes I gain positions. I finished finally at 11th place, not too bad but without that crash I think I can be at 9-10 place.

I receive complain from Mika that I did bloke him on lapping. Well actually that was during section of slow corners and even when I drive alone it’s hard to keep track on old tires so when you have to give line for other car it makes things harder. I don’t think that keep car behind for couple of corners is blocking, check F1 races – people there keep leaders much longer having much more talent and experience than I have.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Press tab in the replay to see the drivers name.
    Vyacheslav Potapenko
    Vyacheslav Potapenko
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vyacheslav Potapenko Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:39 pm

thanks, I didn't know that feature. So I was right on my concern.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Name & shame then Very Happy
    Vyacheslav Potapenko
    Vyacheslav Potapenko
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vyacheslav Potapenko Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:43 pm

..well I do hope that was just by mistake and not by intension. Everybody can make mistakes.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:45 pm

Well yeah, but from the screenshots it looked like he re-joined onto the racing line. Really at a high speed section like that it would be best to build-up speed offline.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:21 am