Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+7
Fabio Grippa
Luca Orsetti
Max Caputi
M Waechter
Clive Melbourne
MikaRaymond
Andrea Lojelo
11 posters

Simracers Against Cancer - Benefit Race on June 2nd

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Simracers Against Cancer - Benefit Race on June 2nd Empty Simracers Against Cancer - Benefit Race on June 2nd

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat May 26, 2012 1:57 am

Hello racefriends,

GPChampionship and Radiator Springs Racing Team have joined forces. Together we are organising the Simracers Against Cancer benefit race. This race will be held on Saturday June 2nd. The venue is Laguna Seca and we will race the Formula Renault 2.0 with netKar PRO. Yes, just like we did in the Steen Staehr Memorial Race after he passed away back in 2009 from cancer .

Read all about this great race here in our news announcement

In the meanwhile, pre-qualifying has started!! Let's do what we love and do something good while doing it: race together and raise money in order to beat cancer!

Simracers Against Cancer - Benefit Race on June 2nd Btn_donate_LG

Simracers Against Cancer - Benefit Race on June 2nd Newsimage1_20120526003816

GPChampionship e Radiator Springs Racing Team hanno unito le loro forze. Insieme abbiamo organizzato una gara di beneficenza Simracers Against Cancer (Simracers contro il cancro). La gara si svolgera' sabato 2 Giugno a Laguna Seca con la Formula Renault 2.0 di netKar PRO. La stessa tipologia dello Steen Staehr Memorial Race organizzata quando Steen, che partecipava con noi in GPC, mori' di cancro nel 2009.

Potete trovare maggiori infomazioni su questa gara nel nostro annuncio

Nel frattempo le prequalifiche sono iniziate! Possiamo fare quello che amiamo e, allo stesso tempo, fare qualcosa di buono mentre lo facciamo: gareggiare insieme e raccogliere fondi per battere il cancro!

Last edited by Andrea Lojelo on Sat May 26, 2012 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Simracers Against Cancer - Benefit Race on June 2nd Empty Re: Simracers Against Cancer - Benefit Race on June 2nd

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat May 26, 2012 2:17 am

And here is the full announcement published by Jaap:

Simracers Against Cancer - Benefit Race on June 2nd Newsimage1_20120526003816

Almost 3 years ago we received the shocking news that our fellow-simracer Steen Staehr had died from cancer. He was just 50 years old. We remembered him in October 2009 with the Steen Staehr tribute: 50 laps on his favorite track Laguna Seca. It was a great experience.

Cancer influences all of us. Almost everyone knows someone in their direct family who has cancer or has died from it. There is no way to avoid getting it. There is also no cure for it, even though researchers are working very hard to find a cure.

Alpe d'HuZes
    Fast-forward 3 years. Jaap Wagenvoort has decided to do something to help speed up this process. In 2006 some crazy Dutch cyclists started an initiative iwith a mission: fight against cancer by doing the impossible: climb the famous Alpe d'Huez, known from the Tour de France, 6 times on one day. This was the start of the 'Alpe d'HuZes' foundation (Zes means Six in Dutch).

In 2012, Jaap will join this challenge. On June 7th he will climb the Alpe d'Huez 6 times on one day. With this initiative he is raising money which is 100% going to cancer patients and research.

Jaap (GPC) and Andrea Lojelo (RSR) decided to organise the Simracers Against Cancer benefit race.

3 goals
    The purpose of this race can be expressed in three goals:

1) Think of everyone that we've lost due to cancer (including Steen) and those who are fighting now.
    2) Raise money in order to win the fight against cancer
    3) Have fun doing what we love: race!

We will use the 'good-old' concept. 5-day pre-qualifying session (from Saturday until Thursday evening 23:59). Raceday is Saturday June 2nd on which everyone will be able to race, in groups of 15 (PQ 1-15 in Group A, PQ 16-30 in Group B etc).

The race will be 36 laps long (6 times 6), which means that a pitstop will be required.

Contribution
    One of the purposes of this race is to raise money. You can donate on Simracers Against Cancer webpage which Jaap has set up: http://www.wagenvoort.net/simracingagainstcancer/index.php
    You decide for yourselves how much you want to give, there is no minimum limit. I (Jaap) would like to ask you though to please be creative & generous. Together we can make a difference. All contributions will appear on Jaap's personal action page: http://deelnemers.opgevenisgeenoptie.nl/acties/jaapw/jaap-wagenvoort/actie.aspx

Thank you!

Join the race
    To join, follow these steps:

1) Login (Sign up first if you don't have an account yet)
    2) Click 'Join a team and become a driver'
    3) Select ´Racers vs Cancer´ under League and ´Privateer´ under Team
    4) Press 'Add request'

After you have been added to the team you will see the server password with which you can join the pre-qualifying server (called 'Simracers vs Cancer').

Install netKar PRO 1.3 update and track
    Important: you need to install the nKPro 1.3 update before being able to connect to the server. Download it here at RSR: http://forum.radiators-champ.com/t1213-netkar-pro-v1301-rsr-update (copy/paste the files to your nKP 1.3 root folder). Without the update you will not be able to join the server.

Also, please make sure you have the correct Laguna Seca track. For safety, redownload it from here: http://www.radiators-champ.com/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=5&view=view.download&catid=4&cid=25

What are you waiting for? Sign up, join the race, support Jaap and contribute in the fight against Cancer! Let's race together!
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Simracers Against Cancer - Benefit Race on June 2nd Empty Re: Simracers Against Cancer - Benefit Race on June 2nd

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat May 26, 2012 10:51 am

A quick summary of the event:
    Formula 2000 @ Laguna Seca

Prequalification until 31/05/2012 @ 23:59:59
    You can follow the PQ live here
    Replay must be submitted
    Groups for the race will be based on the prequalification results

Race Saturday 2/06/2012: 36 laps

more informations will follow here or on gpc forum

To register for the event please use gpc gpcos

Our championships are suspended for this week.

We hope to see you all over there with us.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Mon May 28, 2012 8:07 pm

ill be there Smile

ive been a member of the nkp community for a couple of years now and its my turn to give something back Smile i think its fantastic you guys are doing this and you have my support.

see you saturday Smile
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Mon May 28, 2012 9:33 pm

sorry guys I can't be there, weekends are not good for me as I have a concert (work). I wish you all the best for this great cause.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Tue May 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Unfortunately I've absolutely no money left just at the moment, but (so) I'll donate a small amount.
    I plan to take part at the F2000 event too.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue May 29, 2012 8:19 pm

there is no need to give a big amount. Anyone can give what he can/wants. Let's have a big group over there. It's gonna be fun.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed May 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Two more days till the end of the Prequalifications (Thurday night at 23:59). It's a great battle for now, and you can follow here the live results.

So far €338 has been donate. That's already a great result, but we can do better.

We really hope to see more people in the race. We are waiting for you guys.

Last edited by Andrea Lojelo on Thu May 31, 2012 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Wed May 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Clive Melbourne wrote:sorry guys I can't be there, weekends are not good for me as I have a concert (work). I wish you all the best for this great cause.
    Looks like I will be racing this event as I now don't have to work on Saturday. Will put in a time as soon as my request to join has been accepted. See you on track
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed May 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    To join, follow these steps:

1) Login (Sign up first if you don't have an account yet)
    2) Click 'Join a team and become a driver'
    3) Select ´Racers vs Cancer´ under League and ´Privateer´ under Team
    4) Press 'Add request'

I think you need to be on the Privateer Team, Clive.
    Great that you can join afterall
    Max Caputi
    Max Caputi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Max Caputi Wed May 30, 2012 8:27 pm

I cannot be there for the race, cause in the weekend evening-night i'm always too busy. But it's a pleasure to make a donation for thi noble cause.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed May 30, 2012 9:16 pm

That's the spirit! Thanks for contributing Max. Such a pity you can't join the event.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu May 31, 2012 5:50 pm

Simracers vs. Cancer

Total amount raised so far:

€465,-

With your help we are getting closer to the first goal : 500 Euros.

Thanks a lot to all of you.

Let's hope to reach our goal and get even higher!
    Luca Orsetti
    Luca Orsetti
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca Orsetti Thu May 31, 2012 8:15 pm

I see on GPC site that the race will start at 20:00. What's the time in Italy? Because, if start at 20:00, I can't partecipate because I'm at work... Sad
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Thu May 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Good evening to all, unfortunatly I will not partecipate to this event, being far away from my home for the entire week-end...I'm going to give my little contribute for this noble cause...I really appreciate you guys has organized a such event...
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:20 am

Luca Orsetti wrote:I see on GPC site that the race will start at 20:00. What's the time in Italy? Because, if start at 20:00, I can't partecipate because I'm at work... Sad
    I'm discussing about postponing it at 21:00 CET (Rome, Amsterdam time). We will let you know shortly the final decision.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:15 am

uff, that was a close prequalfying ..P15 Wink, glad to still be in group A.
    The pits at laguna are not plain, so you always get wrong values at the areo-calc. (when it shows 2.5 it is in real 2.0 and so on), so all the last laps I drove with maybe a kind of oversteering car
    (but that's not an excuse to be such 'slow').
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:31 am

Session notes: Racers vs Cancer Laguna Seca pre-qualifying session finished.
    Here are the results

Please upload your replay and prepare for the race.
    Pre-qualifying result
    E-mail your replay (.nkr) to gpcvteam-at-gmail.com (-at- => @) if you are required to do so.
    If you can't drive on raceday, please update your race allocation to 'I can't participate' as soon as possible.
    There will be 3 racing groups on raceday: Group A (PQ P1 to P15), B (P16 to P30) and C (P31 to P45).
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:51 pm

we decided with Jaap that:
    - there is no need for the replay of the PQ
    - the race will start at 21:00 CET for both group A and group B.

more information will follow

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:45 am

Today is June 2nd, Raceday for the Simracers vs. Cancer benefit race. Here is some important information on the race.

Pre-qualifying has finished last night. Genova Fulvio has dominated the field by clocking a stunning 1m17s6, over 8 tenths of a second faster than anybody else.

23 drivers participated in pre-qualifying, making two grids tomorrow on raceday. P1 to P15 will drive in Group B. P16 to P24 in Group B. There is no need to upload replays or telemetry for this non-championship race.

Both groups will start at the same time. The briefing for the race starts at 21:00 CET. We decided to organise a qualifying session after all. This will be a 15-minute session. The 36-lap race follows immediately afterwards. Important: you will need to manually press the 'Go to grid' button in order to put your car on the start grid.

We will announce the place of the briefing tomorrow. Please try to be there at 20:50 CET/server time.

Finally: we already raised €492,- together for the fight against cancer. We can be proud. Let's enjoy racing and life tomorrow!
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:30 am

ive only just had the chance to register on the GPC site. i wasnt sure until now whether i could race or not, but i am Smile

i entered the PQ session when i wasnt signed up to GPC, but i assume ill still be in group A based on my PQ time?

PS i also need my account to be verified by the admins Smile
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Jaap will fix your account. Sure you'll be in A.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:23 pm

cheers
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:05 pm

we will use our chat tonight for a short briefing. be there on time please.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:00 pm

its a good job this was for charity because thats the first ever race ive had a DNF!

absolutely astonishing start by Luca - probably the best launch ive ever seen in nkp. he went from p3 to p1 in an instant. i managed to pass gek into t1 and we battled hard and fair for 2/3 laps. he managed to take me just before the corkscrew on lap3(?), then lost it over the crest. i went straight into the back of him and had massive damage.

i decided to drive on, putting in 1.18s which seemed to be consistent enough. i made 1 or 2 driver errors and span in the final sector. for some stupid reason i rejoined the track into the path of marco. ive sent him a PM apologising about that.

all in all, worst race ive ever had. however its for a great cause so i dont mind my result. congratulations to everyone included and big up to Jaap Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 10:28 am