Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+13
René Lorig
M Carey
paul thomas
Attilio Barba
Marco Calesella
laurent resende
Stuart Whitehead
davide zardin
Andrea Lojelo
Steve Crawnshaw
Gianluca Bonifacio
Paul O'Brien
Laszlo Janos
17 posters

iRacing system in netKar PRO, beta test started

Laszlo Janos
    Laszlo Janos
    Driver
    Driver

iRacing system in netKar PRO, beta test started - Page 2 Empty Re: iRacing system in netKar PRO, beta test started

Post by Laszlo Janos Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Yes, we will maybe changing all names. (safety rating, nk rating, etc...)
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

iRacing system in netKar PRO, beta test started - Page 2 Empty Re: iRacing system in netKar PRO, beta test started

Post by M Carey Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:44 pm

Race craft sounds a lot better Smile
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:41 pm

How about kudos for nk rating?

I feel in order to still distance your system from Iracing's system is to base the "nkrating" per car or class of cars with maybe a overall rating.

Not every body wants to drive open wheels or tintops ( Osella included in the tintops). Or is as good in one class as the other.

I used to drive the sk modified in Iracing and built up my irating with this car so when I moved to the late model and ran high ir races in the late model I was out classed and my ir took a beating, so I stopped racing the late model.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Like MSR (Metropolis Street Racer (aka the original Project Gotham Racing)).

I really liked this game at the time Smile
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Plus it only one letter different than Kunos!
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 pm

I like it, those two are more original.
    Laszlo Janos
    Laszlo Janos
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Laszlo Janos Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:08 pm

We need ask premission use the scrach made and converted track? We would like use mugello and other in nkworld.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:59 pm

no problems at all! You can use them all.
    Laszlo Janos
    Laszlo Janos
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Laszlo Janos Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:10 am

thanks you very much.

We need check all track before use
    not approwed:
    - easy to cut (example: snetteton last right-left turn)
    - quality check
    - we can't use dvd checked track (gtl, gtr2), because some people not have a dvd and they have a handicap, because can't race some rounds.

lots of work check the track.

I thx again the premission.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:22 am

paul thomas wrote:How about kudos for nk rating?
    paul thomas wrote:Plus it only one letter different than Kunos!

Brilliant 8)
    Laszlo Janos
    Laszlo Janos
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Laszlo Janos Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:03 am

Mugello short track working? We would like use in the lower category championship.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:47 am

It should. Just do a quick test anyway.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:59 pm

I can no longer put me on the netKar Pro rank, it tells me that a new version is up, am I alone in having this problem? or is it general or may have and download the latest version? that update is available on the 1.03 and it is that I have
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:44 pm

sorry I misspoke, I mean "unable to open" a server, the connection to a server already connected to the rank remains possible
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:26 pm

I just had Gerard Nijkamp online same problem for him, are unable to put the server on Rank, try your hand you will see !!
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 pm

we are going definitely off topic here.
    In any case, Jaap announced already that he was going to do some changes on the rank website. It will be related to that.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:20 am

guys, does anyone want to do some testing?
    Just register to some race. see you on track

race at 23.40 at nkworld? abarth prato
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:01 am

Definitely need more servers to speed things along. Its midnight now and not a race until 10 to 1
    Laszlo Janos
    Laszlo Janos
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Laszlo Janos Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:31 am

paul thomas wrote:Definitely need more servers to speed things along. Its midnight now and not a race until 10 to 1

Yes, we solving the problem. On this weekend or next monday staring the I. Beta Season. (now i make a schedule)
    This is the race timetable:
    http://nkworld.net/seasons/i_beta_season/timetable.html
    Qualifing starts every hours or half past every hours.
    Practice servers 0-24
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:41 am

Lazlo me and GerandNijkamp did a race I was in the lead on last lap but went off and Gerand finnished first but nkp said we both won it?
    Heres the result from the site.

1paul thomas6:11.539
    51:11.1960:24.4353102.82 (+0.02)1503 (+30)20
    2Gerard Nijkamp+ 0:03.641+ 0:03.64151:11.2230:24.3933302.5 (-0.04)1500 (-30)0

If possible can u alter the results manually? I didnt deserve the win!

Thanks
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:01 pm

At the moment, for me the main problem of this method is that you need to follow the system. After each race, you need to go back on the website to register for the next one. At the end you are more time out of the track than inside.

I think instead that the system should follow you!
    This should be for me the correct behavior:
    1) the user register for the first upcoming race. For example the next race in 500 Abarth in 6 minutes.
    2) the user join the server and complete his race.
    3) the next race session (same track/same car) will start, and the users currently on track will be automatically enrolled for the next race.
    4) when the user disconnect from the server, he will be automatically removed from the next races.

This should help having more people on track.
    What do you think about it?

paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:39 pm

The only problem I see is that you will have timing issues not everybody will finish on the same lap. Taking x amount of time + y time to restart the race. Making it difficult for people joining in time for the next race. x will be random + y. If Kudos is at stake you don't want to join the race half a lap to a lap down!

Im not 100% sure about this but the server will have to go down so the server logs can be read.

Maybe have two races per session and only let people join b4 the first race.
    Also it may help to password protect the server with the session id of the race as the password.

A better solution is to have 4 say qualifing servers and 1 race server per car. It just need all the nkp groups to get together on this!

When nkworld becomes more popular several servers per car will be needed to handle the differant splits.

This will require a lot of servers so diff car will have to run on different days.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:25 am

sorry for the OFF TOPIC. Just to reply to Laurent.
    laurent resende wrote:I can no longer put me on the netKar Pro rank, it tells me that a new version is up, am I alone in having this problem? or is it general or may have and download the latest version? that update is available on the 1.03 and it is that I have

I spoke to Jaap this morning about the problem.

he wrote on gpc:

Jaap Wagenvoort wrote:Hello guys,

I received a few reports from people who have problems with the nKPro Rank. This is correct. The webhosting provider upgraded their IT systems and this caused incompatibility with the nKPro Rank system. I'm working on it. It could take a few days to work it out.
    Laszlo Janos
    Laszlo Janos
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Laszlo Janos Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:29 am

The I. Beta Season Started

4 weeks, 4 Rounds with all cars.
    -Demo
    -F1600
    -Abarth Rookie
    -Abarth
    -F1800
    -F2000
    -Ftarget
    -KS2
    -Road to KS2

Longer Races, more tracks.

www.nkworld.net
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:58 am

Spa 2001 is way to bumpy. Count me out that week!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:18 am