Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+70
facu88
Tomas Torasen
Dean Lawrence
Victor Villanueva
Diego Doni
stefano schivari
Giovanni Tedde
Jaap Wagenvoort
Sergio Marques
Andrea Candini
Gary Munson
Jose Canseco
Wally Masterson
Juan-garcia
Antonio Lallo
lihandball
Simon Bevcic-batina
Cédric Lagneau
andi goodwin
Gianluca Bonifacio
Sergey Moskovkin
Luca Orsetti
Stan
Piers Structures
adam farmer
Olivier Boissel
Ferran_sanson
Kristijan Jalovec Perusko
Maarten Steverink
Fernando Zart
Leonardo Ratafia
Luke Dykstra
Chris Kehagias
Jeff Paul
Oliver Kreuer
mmoro
M Waechter
Jim Michels
Andrea Lanzino
Miro Tuutijärvi
Clive Melbourne
Francesco Meola
henrizio
Lars Scheving
Rodolfo
Vitaliano polito
mario gilles
marco boni
Nestor Martin
Ruben Grueira
Albert McSaltens
René Lorig
laurent resende
davide zardin
Attilio Barba
Michele Campini
giancarlo graziano
Marcello Gabrielli
Paul O'Brien
Martin Hussey
MikaRaymond
Vaggelis
Radek Pól
alexcand
Raúl Expósito
M Carey
Steve Crawnshaw
Andrea Lojelo
paul thomas
Marco Calesella
74 posters

1.3.0 Beta incoming

Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

1.3.0 Beta incoming - Page 24 Empty Re: 1.3.0 Beta incoming

Post by Vaggelis Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:17 am

Hello all!
    Im back,i hope everyone had great holidays Very Happy

I cant wait!!!! mirror

\

Omg in 4:10 looks wonderfull!!!! Finallyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Thank u all! Thank u thank u thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:38 am

Suspect
    was a surprise on late night for my team and the beta tester that get all this BAD crashes..... !! posted wachting bristol.....
    Rolling Eyes need the ok of the Boss...eheheheh.....cooll you found alone...!!!
    s Very Happy welcome back
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:44 am

Really nice video Giancarlo. Well done!

One small note from those tests: since we wanted to perform a good test of the netcode, we wanted to have one driver joining from far far away (Thailand). Can you recognize who he is from the video? ...so did we on track! We had really close racing with him and not a single lag or warp or any weird behaviour. I was really shocked. Kudos for Kunos! ::hail::
    Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jeff Paul Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:53 pm

I read somewhere, I can't remember where, that the next update is going to recognise load cell pedals. Is that true? Thanks.
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:30 am

Vaggelis Theodoridis wrote:Hello all!
    Im back,i hope everyone had great holidays Very Happy

I cant wait!!!! 1.3.0 Beta incoming - Page 24 756700

\

Omg in 4:10 looks wonderfull!!!! Finallyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Thank u all! Thank u thank u thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

yes the collisions seem so much better
    Jim Michels
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jim Michels Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:45 am

Jeff Paul wrote:I read somewhere, I can't remember where, that the next update is going to recognize load cell pedals. Is that true? Thanks.

Is that why I must brake very early. I'm a crap driver, but that said, I have a lag after brake release. This lag will cause unwanted
    trail brake symptoms and loss of control.

I'm wondering, how is the load cell brake not supported?

Thanks.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:53 am

For the people testing the RC: The video looks like collisions have been reduced maybe too much. It looked a little like cars are just bouncing off eachother and not being damaged, even with pretty hard knocks. Was damage turned off during the session?

It would be nice to be able to give/recieve a little bump without damage if you make a little mistake. But if you can smash the bollocks off the car infront without risk, it will just encourage dangerous racing.

*not a moan, rant, complaint or anything. Just an observation
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:17 am

whas a server whit out damage...whit f2 oaella vintage and f18 Shocked for test to stay most close.. ghost problem...
    no one..
    I tell you ghostbusters don t need enymore...
    but whit a 500 and ks2 ws damage on.. Very Happy you see???? ::rischio::
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:54 am

you can feel collisions and damages pretty well on the car. Cars get damaged just as before.
    Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vaggelis Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:23 am

Guys one question more,
    is there in plans or did u discuss it like an idea or something to add more than 1 car in a server like classes? Dont know if it was said before but i liked to make endurance races with multiple cars..
    Is it possible?

PS:i just saw in DI that the feature with the last laptime of drivers that were showing in the left screen will be again in the patch! cool Wink
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:38 am

multiclass isn't supported anymore since a couple of releases ago. A project decision was made in order to simplify the interface. Server communication was changed accordingly. Multiclass wasn't almost used anyway even when it was fully supported. Might still work in some cases, but I know from experience that doesn't work always, and can give unexpected behavious, and since it isn't supported there is nothing you can do about it.
    I personally don't dislike multiclass servers, although I agree 100% on the fact of leaving it out, since I know how complex is to support and test a software with too many features.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:01 pm

I love the idea of multiclass servers. a trackday mode would have been brilliant.

Would be useful when theres 4 servers running the same track, with a handful of people on them in different cars. trackday server could run one track and group all those users into one place

Its a real shame that was taken out. Maybe if i post Kunos a pack of biscuits it will get put back? Razz
    andi goodwin
    Driver
    Driver

Post by andi goodwin Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:20 pm

from what im reading and from what ive been told this looks like the last patch/developement for this version of nkpro 1.3 final ....i hope if then the energy is going towards a nkp2 or something else then this version gets opened up so that addon cars can be made

Andi
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:47 pm

Jim Michels wrote:I'm wondering, how is the load cell brake not supported?
    I don't have load cell pedals myself, but someone told me there's a deadzone when you first apply the brakes (which if is the case must be pretty annoying).

Martin Hussey wrote:Would be useful when theres 4 servers running the same track, with a handful of people on them in different cars. trackday server could run one track and group all those users into one place

Its a real shame that was taken out. Maybe if i post Kunos a pack of biscuits it will get put back? Razz
    Yeah, you come round a blind corner in the KS2 & find an Abarth in your path Razz Maybe if it's a pack of Armani biscuits he'll think about it Very Happy

andi goodwin wrote:from what im reading and from what ive been told this looks like the last patch/developement for this version of nkpro 1.3 final ....i hope if then the energy is going towards a nkp2 or something else then this version gets opened up so that addon cars can be made
    Kunos has acknowledged the idea before, but I doubt this would ever happen. After all the cars in nKPro feel great, & a bunch of crap rF style mods wouldn't be what the game needs. I'm sure some people could create good content, but like community tracks, the results would vary tremendously.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:54 pm

M Carey wrote:
    Martin Hussey wrote:Would be useful when theres 4 servers running the same track, with a handful of people on them in different cars. trackday server could run one track and group all those users into one place

Yeah, you come round a blind corner in the KS2 & find an Abarth in your path Razz Maybe if it's a pack of Armani biscuits he'll think about it Very Happy

Thats a risk you take with real trackdays. I'm thinking of people driving round Nordschleife in their family cars with performance cars zipping by.

Not a great deal of high speed blind corners on any of the tracks that i've raced. Although with the KS2 i suppose all corners are high speed corners Very Happy
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:56 pm

Imagine coming through Eau Rouge flat-out & finding an Abarth @ the top (that would be a huge accident) Very Happy
    andi goodwin
    Driver
    Driver

Post by andi goodwin Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:15 pm

andi goodwin wrote:from what im reading and from what ive been told this looks like the last patch/developement for this version of nkpro 1.3 final ....i hope if then the energy is going towards a nkp2 or something else then this version gets opened up so that addon cars can be made
    M Carey wrote:Kunos has acknowledged the idea before, but I doubt this would ever happen. After all the cars in nKPro feel great, & a bunch of crap rF style mods wouldn't be what the game needs. I'm sure some people could create good content, but like community tracks, the results would vary tremendously.

yes all content does vary there are some really bad addon tracks out there but as with most ppl i choose not to use them ; i just think once the project is closed the chance to create a few cars wouldnt be a bad move , the game has a few dedicated followers but does lack numbers , so maybe a few more single make tin tops or something akin will keep the interest in what is a very good base for a sim
    In general any Game/Sim that can be modded seems to survive many years ; nascar 2003 is still going in two forms , firstly as user made content and 70% of it is hiding in the background of iracing and nascar 2003 as a game is 8 years old ;
    the simbin titles based on the gmotor still have a reasonable online community aswell and that i believe is down to firstly the excellence of the original package and then the ability to mod on top of that .

Andi
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Marius if you meet an abarth out of corners blind one day, driving your KS2, it is imperative that you change your brand of cigarettes!!!!! lol
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:35 pm

M Carey wrote:Imagine coming through Eau Rouge flat-out & finding an Abarth @ the top (that would be a huge accident) Very Happy

Impossible. The abarth would have already understeered straight off the track into the barrier.

This also gives me an idea that would need a trackday mod. i dont think the speed difference is so great that the KS2 driver wouldnt be able to see the abarth going up the hill.

But yeah, it could be a problem. But no more of a problem than is faced with multi-class racing series (think Le Mans prototype class smashing up the arse of the lower GT class cars).
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:24 pm

laurent resende wrote:Marius if you meet an abarth out of corners blind one day, driving your KS2, it is imperative that you change your brand of cigarettes!!!!! lol
    Lucky strike, in the hope one day I'll find a spliff in a packet... still waiting Very Happy

Martin Hussey wrote:Impossible. The abarth would have already understeered straight off the track into the barrier.

This also gives me an idea that would need a trackday mod. i dont think the speed difference is so great that the KS2 driver wouldnt be able to see the abarth going up the hill.

But yeah, it could be a problem. But no more of a problem than is faced with multi-class racing series (think Le Mans prototype class smashing up the arse of the lower GT class cars).

Closing speed would be scary with the KS2, but anyway it isn't gonna happen Smile
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:50 pm

a car is the Fiat group!!!!! just a little more powerful than the Abarth! lol
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:32 pm

My toaster is a little more powerful than the abarth
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:35 pm

omg the crash looks horrible fast ..and look at the wheel bouncing around with high speed at the marshals, glad that noone was hit by that.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Martin Hussey wrote:My toaster is a little more powerful than the abarth

ha hha ha ha ha ha hah !!!!!lol lol! lol!
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:55 pm

I've seen that crash a few times, but never noticed just how close it came from clearing the barrier and lopping some photogaphers in two!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:26 am