Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+11
M Carey
giancarlo graziano
Jose Canseco
davide zardin
MarcoLM
Marco Dugan
Simon Bevcic-batina
Oleg Atiskov
Paul O'Brien
Piers Structures
Andrea Lojelo
15 posters

02 Jun 2011: Monaco

MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

02 Jun 2011: Monaco - Page 3 Empty Re: 02 Jun 2011: Monaco

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:24 pm

for me, this race was important to win. i hadnt put as much time into the setup for this race as i got almost the perfect settings straight away - as its monaco, i decided to put more practise in. people asked me how on earth i managed to do low 1.14, and that is my answer - practise Wink

before the race maarten and i discussed on how we could maximise our chance of winning. i was pretty sure we would both start at the front, but you can never be sure with gek and other drivers, if their real times are shown on the hotlap rank.

there were two ways of doing this race - 120l and 2 x 60l. i actually did some tests and 2 x 60l was 30+ seconds faster. dependant on where we qualified, me and MST would decide on the strategy in the 5 minutes before the race. in the end, i ended up doing 2 x 60l (because i had no traffic) and maarten went for 120l, as a kind of "buffer" for me.

well, it worked perfectly Very Happy
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:38 pm

M Waechter wrote:
    Back a few month I saw the same thing in the last turn of the Melborne track, there also some drivers where completely inside the left wall and strangely nothing happened, no touch, no damage.
    It depends on the connection. Especially with the KS2, due to the speed and acceleration, it's very difficult to estimate the position if you don't have a proper flow of data.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:40 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:for me, this race was important to win. i hadnt put as much time into the setup for this race as i got almost the perfect settings straight away - as its monaco, i decided to put more practise in. people asked me how on earth i managed to do low 1.14, and that is my answer - practise Wink

before the race maarten and i discussed on how we could maximise our chance of winning. i was pretty sure we would both start at the front, but you can never be sure with gek and other drivers, if their real times are shown on the hotlap rank.

there were two ways of doing this race - 120l and 2 x 60l. i actually did some tests and 2 x 60l was 30+ seconds faster. dependant on where we qualified, me and MST would decide on the strategy in the 5 minutes before the race. in the end, i ended up doing 2 x 60l (because i had no traffic) and maarten went for 120l, as a kind of "buffer" for me.

well, it worked perfectly Very Happy
    well done guys. great team work!
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    M Waechter wrote:
    Back a few month I saw the same thing in the last turn of the Melborne track, there also some drivers where completely inside the left wall and strangely nothing happened, no touch, no damage.
    It depends on the connection. Especially with the KS2, due to the speed and acceleration, it's very difficult to estimate the position if you don't have a proper flow of data.

Yep, I also knew that not all frames are captured (especially with bad connection), but just I wondered why I saw this only on laps of fast guys though the frames/conection on that laps looked ok.
    ..Of course this seems be because of the usual 'connection lag thing' anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:06 am