Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+11
f.gek
Clive Melbourne
M Waechter
Fabio Grippa
Vyacheslav Potapenko
Andrea Lanzino
Paul O'Brien
MikaRaymond
giancarlo graziano
MarcoLM
Andrea Lojelo
15 posters

1 Dec 2011: Interlagos

Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

1 Dec 2011: Interlagos - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 Dec 2011: Interlagos

Post by Maarten Steverink Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:25 pm

Here's the replay of my fastest Q lap.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFA899R5

And here's the replay from my contact with Clive. Wasn't too happy about that Clive, i hope it looks different from your replay :-)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y82GP878

Maarten
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:38 am

@Lallo: Yes, it's indeed interesting comparing the different styles. Gek is a very clean and exact driver which seems to help when using the Ks2.
    I sometimes wonder about the fast laptimes of him, just because when you watch the last two corners of him you think that the corner speed is not very fast there and after the first sector he even
    seems to shift earlier not using all the revs, but somehow it must be fast anyway.
    When I watch Maarten's style this one appears to me 'much' faster that Gek, though of course the first sector maybe not 100% as clean as Gek managed, but at least 99,9 %.
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:43 pm

M Waechter wrote:@Lallo: Yes, it's indeed interesting comparing the different styles. Gek is a very clean and exact driver which seems to help when using the Ks2.
    I sometimes wonder about the fast laptimes of him, just because when you watch the last two corners of him you think that the corner speed is not very fast there and after the first sector he even
    seems to shift earlier not using all the revs, but somehow it must be fast anyway.
    When I watch Maarten's style this one appears to me 'much' faster that Gek, though of course the first sector maybe not 100% as clean as Gek managed, but at least 99,9 %.

Probably different gear ratios Marco would explain a lot Wink

Well I wasn't really expecting much from the race since I didnt really have a lot of track practice but Clive was generous enough to give me his setup. Had some great battles at the start with Maarten and Juan but Maarten was quite a bit quicker than me and Juan was a few tenths a lap quicker than me plus I made a few small mistakes nothing major just enough to leave him slip out of reach Wink. Then I was gifted 2 places after Clive and Maarten had their coming together. Then it was a case of trying to keep ahead of Antonio who made me work for my 3rd position. All in all was a really enjoyable race for me. Congrats to Gek who was untouchable again well for me anyway :p
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Maarten Steverink wrote:Here's the replay of my fastest Q lap.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFA899R5

And here's the replay from my contact with Clive. Wasn't too happy about that Clive, i hope it looks different from your replay :-)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y82GP878

Maarten
    Hi Maarten, I just had a look at your replay and it is a little bit different from my replay.
    The first touch we had on my replay looks like there is about 1 meter between us and I remember in race that I did not feel any impact, and I was surprised when you touched my rear end in the second part.
    When I looked at the replay after the race that night , it looked to me like you got a bit wide onto the kerb and slightly lost contol.
    Sorry that it ruined our race, but you know that I did not do this on purpose, we have had some very close racing in the past and you know I do not do that kind of thing.
    Cu soon on track . 1 Dec 2011: Interlagos - Page 2 659651
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:17 pm

Hehe never thought it was intentional Clive :-D I think the only time we had contact in a race, it was in Adelaide, and it was my fault completely. And indeed we had quite a few close battles over the year :-D

I really ejoyed the fight up till that point! Great fight with Paul as well btw, really close stuff.

Sorry it damaged your car as well Clive. I had a pretty bad fever on race night, and i didn't have the energy to keep going with that amount of damage.

Let's hope the next fight ends better for both of us ('cause of course there is gonna be a fight again at A1 :-D)

See ya laterrrrr!

Maarten
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Paul O'Brien wrote:Probably different gear ratios Marco would explain a lot Wink

Yes he seems to use higher gap between the first few gears, but I meant also that he's really shifting 'too' early a few cases, but not such often as in my first impression as
    I watched the hotlap for the first time.

Last night I tried to improve my laptime of 1m14.520 (in practice with 5/1 wings) in Interlagos many hours -now using 12 rear wing insted just 1 degrees-, but all I get was still 'only' 1m14.6xx times.
    That was a bit annoying -there seems to be an invisible wall to me I can't pass-, I tired different ARB, even up to just '45% front' (instead of 50% -52 %) and I thought
    "yes, now I have found somethig special to get faster in cornering", but somehow it did not help for the end laptimes. Though I was completely at the limit in my best laps in this test, it
    was still this second slower than the aliens.
    What I don't like in NetKar since it's newer releases (v1.3) is this kind of automatic braking or engine limiting for some moments when you drive on the edge / over the limit in a corner.
    When you do this the program affects some kind of ESP (like in our modern street cars) for the car, though it would not be necessary, the car would be still fine on its line without this automatic
    speed reduction.
    Kunos adopted this behaviour a bit from FVA (its very first release has not had this behaviour though), where the programm slows your car (engine) automatically for a short moment when you was
    'illegaly' over the limit, then the program 'thinks' "well, that was too far above the limit how he grinded around the corner lets reduct his speed a bit for the next two meters" Wink. It's ok for FVA, but in NKPro this would not be necessary, it's out of use there.

Last edited by M Waechter on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:44 pm

gears should be as close together as possible for the best acceleration and timed correctly in order to allow you to get the maximum out of the car through the corners - you dont want to be shifting mid-corner as thats where youll loose time (of course there are certain exceptions).

everyone has a "wall" which you hit where you cant seem to find any more time. this is where you need to start playing around with certain settings. however, changing 1 or 2 settings wont make a difference - usually you have to change most of the car in order to find 2 or 3 tenths. in the past ive got slower before i went quicker. try playing around with different settings to understand how the car works better. for example, try the differential coast setting at 10% then 50% to see how the car behaves between the two; youll then be able to find the best balance between the two.

im not sure about this "stability control" youre talking about. ive never really had any problems. again, this might be due to the nature of the setup.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:08 pm

I don't try to change only one value, of course there are more I try out at once (but not enough maybe).
    hmm, not sure why do you think shifting in mid corner takes more time than on a straight (though I do understand what you mean), I guess the shifting itself takes the same time and speed in both cases.

This 'stability control' is out of FVA, there Kunos introduced this somewhere after the very first releases. In the next NKPro update a similar behaviour occured too unfortunately (in v1.2 this was not there).
    It does not happen so easily, so when you drive clean you won't get over this border, but sometimes when you push over the border + just sliding very very little at once then the program thinks "well, this
    was too far above the natural physics limit, I must reduce his speed afterwards for some time (automatic braking + taking horsepower away), so he can't get a new lap record" Wink.
    It mainly happens when driving over the limit of NKPro physics in the fast corner types (not so much in slower corners).
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:40 am

edit: now finally improved my time slightly with a clean 100% non cutted lap (btw.: I noticed two times a veerry little bit of this 'stability control'-thing on that lap, at the fast right.hander + the following corner).
    tip: When you use higher wings you can overcome some of the less of topspeed by putting the frontwing at a low or the lowest value of 5 to have most less aero drag in front, ..to overcome the understeer and
    reach the same, desired aero-calc. value again you then just need to set the ride-high difference between front and rear 'extremely' high (for example something around 20mm difference instead 0-10mm like
    it is 'normally' chosen between front and rear). The car is maybe slightly more difficult to handle in general then, but when you practice a bit the handling is not a problem anymore.
    I used this setup-type at Adelaide, to reach a better (s.th. like 5 km/h more) topspeed on the long straight.

It's like in F1,.. : Sometimes teammates use different setup-types, I remember this year Mark Webber had chosen a different setup-type with much more ride-high at the rear in Hungary (for example), you could
    clearly see this difference compared to Vettel's more plain/equal ride-high of the car, as an advantage he (Mark) probably could set his front wing more flat to reach a slightly better acceleration/topspeed by
    at the same time still using the very same 'amount' of rear wing as his teammate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 pm